The Walking Dead Season 3 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
HDN is pleased to bring you this news first-info about all 3 seasons is below.

The Walking Dead Steelbook Season 3-live!

Release date December 9,2013
Price £36.99

Purchase Link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

Play.com store: Click to buy - Free Delivery in the UK when buying from play.com
Ebay store: Click to buy - Delivery to most locations
Group Buy: Click HERE (Safest delivery option, handled by top notch member)

First look, exclusive to HDN. Actual pictures. :)

View attachment 52760

We***8217;re certainly planning to continue doing all future seasons of The Walking Dead in steelbook with matching artwork ***8211; it looks likely season 4 will be out in September 2014 as it follows the same pattern as Game of Thrones (i.e. the new season hits DVD and Blu-Ray just before the new season starts).

We***8217;ve been told that the steelbooks will feature in the US Walking Dead magazine, so likely to be quite a bit of international interest for these.

The Entertainment Store is pleased to announce our latest exclusive steelbook releases: Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of The Walking Dead, AMC***8217;s Emmy Award winning TV series.

Each season features world exclusive artwork by Mark Simpson AKA Jock, who is responsible for some of best regarded comics and art of this generation, having worked on 2000AD, The Losers and Hellblazer amongst others as well as producing artwork for many major film studios, including the artwork for HDN Steelbook of the Year 2012 winner The Raid.

The Walking Dead: Season 1 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 2 Blu-Rays discs
- Debossed Title Treatment
- G2 Standard Steelbook case
- Limited to 4,000 copies worldwide
- Finish TBC

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 3 Blu-Rays discs
- G2 Standard Steelbook case
- Finish TBC

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 5 Blu-Rays discs
- G2 Jumbo Steelbook case
- Finish TBC

NB: Due to the number of discs needed for all episodes and extras, Season 3 has to be in a Jumbo format case.

All 3 Seasons are sold individually, and will be on sale exclusively through The Entertainment Store on Rakuten Play.com at midday BST on Friday 11th October 2013 when the release date and pricing will be revealed.

In the meantime, our full range of steelbooks is available here: http://www.play.com/stores/EntertainmentStore/Steelbooks

The Entertainment Store has been trading on Marketplaces since 2013 and is proud to retail only authentic and high quality Entertainment goods, delivered to customers direct from the Studio and Publishers.

Attachments

• twdfinal3.jpg
    twdfinal3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,026
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 459
Last edited by a moderator:
Season 3? Mediocre? WTF???? EEK!

Maybe just don't watch it any more if you dislike it so much. Personally I thought it was truly epic, intense, and gripping. I'd happily watch another 2 or 3 seasons of more of the same before they move he story on, it was that good.

I don't know whether some people are just trolling or genuinely don't know a top top show when they see one. Like you could come up with something better :hilarious:

Sorry I know I'm probably over reacting but sometimes these critical posts rub me up the wrong way.

I loved the first series, and also liked the 2nd though I know many people disliked all the stuff on the farm. But Series 3 saw a drop off and this isn't just me saying it, check the blogs and forums, there were some annoying characters doing stupid things (Andrea).

I don't dislike the show, I didn't say I did, I said season 3 was mediocre compared to the first 2. Don't take it so personal, you're not the showrunner. ;)

Reactions: hatredhorror
Official word from ES:

We’re certainly planning to continue doing all future seasons of The Walking Dead in steelbook with matching artwork – it looks likely season 4 will be out in September 2014 as it follows the same pattern as Game of Thrones (i.e. the new season hits DVD and Blu-Ray just before the new season starts).

We’ve been told that the steelbooks will feature in the US Walking Dead magazine, so likely to be quite a bit of international interest for these.

Reactions: kron and IRON MAN
Season 3? Mediocre? WTF???? EEK!

Maybe just don't watch it any more if you dislike it so much. Personally I thought it was truly epic, intense, and gripping. I'd happily watch another 2 or 3 seasons of more of the same before they move he story on, it was that good.

I don't know whether some people are just trolling or genuinely don't know a top top show when they see one. Like you could come up with something better :hilarious:

Sorry I know I'm probably over reacting but sometimes these critical posts rub me up the wrong way.

i thought season 3 sucked as well. they kept dragging out each episode with the governor when all it could of taken was a few episodes. sounds like u dont like it when others dislike stuff u like? its called an opinion. everyone has one.

i thought season 3 sucked as well. they kept dragging out each episode with the governor when all it could of taken was a few episodes. sounds like u dont like it when others dislike stuff u like? its called an opinion. everyone has one.

Totally agree with you there. I'm not saying I don't like the show and won't watch it again (I love it!) but season 3 is definitely the weakest. There is a definite drop in action scenes also. The governor story just dragged and dragged.

At least it looks like it's back to winning ways again for season 4 though :LOL:

Reactions: harry
I agree season 3 was a little bit of a letdown,as there really wasn't that payoff after all the waiting.still good though & season 4 looks set to be brilliant.

Oh,& i have pre ordered all 3.

Thought season 3 was epic. That opening ep truly had my heart pounding watching them at the start in the house all silent hardly saying anything after a long winter of surviving the walking dead. And then the prison bit. loved it.

Reactions: Bluprint
*important*
For those that have 'ordered' via the GB - please ensure you re-read the OP as i've added prices and more importantly shipping info.

This S3 jumbo will be the death of me :(

Reactions: tridon
Going to give these a miss. I think 85 quid is expensive for 3 series and could be better spent elsewhere. Don't think the art is that great and the jumbo is also a factor for me. For the price of this I can get 5 or six of the steels I really want without wondering if this is going to go on to series sixteen.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Going to give these a miss. I think 85 quid is expensive for 3 series and could be better spent elsewhere. Don't think the art is that great and the jumbo is also a factor for me. For the price of this I can get 5 or six of the steels I really want without wondering if this is going to go on to series sixteen.

same here and i have season 1 n 2 amaray and i dont even like jumbo. i really want this but i hate jumbo

Comes out to around $136 USD. Definitely cannot justify paying that much for 3 seasons. As much as I like the art, I unfortunately will have to pass on this one

It is quite a lot of money at one go at the moment but at least cost will spread once the seasons after these are released one by one.