The Witch (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Canada]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: May 17, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon CA - Walmart CA - Best Buy CA - HMV CA
Price: CAD $22.99 $26.99 (HMV) - $24.96 $14.99 (Amazon - Best Buy) - $26.99 $20 (Walmart)

02.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg
01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
great flick!!!! And I dont say that about many in the genre. Yeah its got true to the time period dialogue but that is what makes it so good. Very real like environment.

I was amazed by this film, it was so horrible and eerie and tbh I wasn't expecting the whole language thing and it being religious but it added to the haunting of it to me.
And how bloody freaky are the 2 twins? Scariest kids I've seen in film for a long long time. They were like odd tiny childish adults with that kind of OAP kooky mentality (some get) and their acting was superb.

Really enjoyed Chris finch from the office as the father too, (a bit like Michael smiley they both have this great raw British acting skill) and the ending was awesome, really paid off.

Amazingly shot and a very realistic setting but I also agree with @Actarus that the next time I watch this will be with subtitles because you do miss little things and sometimes with that kind of dialogue it's hard to understand what they mean let alone what they are saying

Oh god, didn't realise the father is that guy from the Office!

Good flick. Notes from The Crucible but overall a film about desperate people suffering from cabin fever. Would have been more amazing if the ending wasn't so spelled out.