Amazon UK - £21.50 Sold out

:LOL:

Amazon Artwork
TWE_F.jpg

More Artwork
TWE_M.jpg

TWE_I.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Price point so far is totally unrealistic for what you are getting. Seriously, if all new movie steelbooks are going to be £20+, i might just give up on preorders and risk price drops down the line as this is beginning to feel like extortion :(

HMV instore is sounding like a safe bet, hopefully £16.99 or less as per Django & Die Hard 5.

Oblivion was £21.99 instore at HMV so I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for a £16.99 price tag.

The online price will probably come down over time anyway. For example .... the new Star Trek Into The Darkness steelbook was £22.50 when it originally went up & then came down to £17.

Just a matter of playing the waiting game my fellow ninja ;).

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
Oblivion was £21.99 instore at HMV so I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for a £16.99 price tag.

The online price will probably come down over time anyway. For example .... the new Star Trek Into The Darkness steelbook was £22.50 when it originally went up & then came down to £17.

Just a matter of playing the waiting game my fellow ninja ;).

Damn. Didnt look for oblivion instore as i got mine from amazon. I guess the prices are going up across the board :ohno:

Hopefully amazon will come through but perhaps they only lower the titles that have lots of preorders like oblivion & star trek. Who knows.

watched this on monday. It fell off the rails at the end but a very enjoyable film overall. If you liked the other films in the coronetto trilogy (Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz), you'll likely enjoy this one as well.

Looking forward to this steelie

Zavvi have posted on their Facebook account that this is an exclusive to them... which is interesting...
nice to see the people correcting them.
Cheeky fecks....reminds me of their so call 'almost sold out Little Mermaind/Jungle Book' claims.
fibbing sods.

Not being a horizontal steel like Shaun and Hot Fuzz is legitimately disappointing.
Not for me. Perfectly matches the Canadian steels so I'm happy.
Tis a shame for those who own the horizontal UK re-releases of Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead

HMV's facebook page says you can order instore from tomorrow. Price TBC.
urgh. Wish they'd get the website back online already...how longs it take FFS

I will wait for the amazon link to go live. Tired of Zavvi's high prices.

just checked it's live
same - I'd rather stick with Amazon even if its a couple of quid higher than Zavvi, just so I dont have to deal with their lack of customers service should anything go wrong.

Great, another Universal Steelbook. This is going to be at the higher end of the price range for a long while then!

(like Ted and Bourne Legacy) Took those two ages to drop in price!

People will always complain about something. This artwork is mind blowing :oohyeah: I love it and I'm so excited to get it. £21.50 isn't such a bad price for a new film considering it's a great film. Roll on the 25th

really what good is signing up to be notified from Amazon if they don't actually notify you!

Ugh Ordered, Zaavi Cancelled

I sometimes get those notifications well after an item is available for preorder, sometimes I simply don't...something Amazon obviously needs to address.

I sometimes get those notifications well after an item is available for preorder, sometimes I simply don't...something Amazon obviously needs to address.

I sent Amazon an email about that for a different release. They were pretty damn sorry for the inconvenience and assured me that it wouldn't happen again...

I will blind buy this steelbook as I am a huge fan of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, and own the "hero" steelbook edition of them both. Pegg/Frost/Wright can do no wrong.

But you know the dilemma I'm facing now?

I don't want to go and see The World's End (or Elysium) in theaters knowing that they're getting a steelbook edition that I'll buy no matter what, so I might as well wait 3-4 months and save a few bucks :D.

Here's hoping The Butler doesn't have a steelbook edition. :ohno::hilarious: