Release date: 7th of December, 2015
Purchase link:
Zavvi
Amazon
Price: £109.99
Note: Use code BIGSPENDERZ to drop down to £99.99
11181491-1764333214465967.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just happy to get the individual seasons at my leisure. Buy one a month. Not a fan of that packaging of the box set from all the images I've seen.

I'm not sure if I should be upset or happy I can't get hold of this. I had no idea it was a 'limited edition' I literally cannot find it for sale ANYWHERE (and anywhere that did stock it continues to say it's sold out) - however after looking at it (and knowing the new series is coming) - do I hold out and hope that they release an ACTUAL complete collection?
Don't worry they will release another complete series collection including the new series that's for sure and hopefully in a better packaging.

I think they may have stopped selling it because of the issues with season 8.Fox are sending out replacement discs to people who have emailed them.

• Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
This was pulled by FOX as there is a "Crushed Blacks" issue plaguing season 8, so rather than send out hundreds of thousands of season 8 sets replacements I'm guessing they are just reprinting season 8 to put in the set.

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I'm just going to get them season by season over the year. The box set doesn't impress me. Doesn't look as if a lot of thought has went into it. But the actual box set for each season themselves look fine

How much are these individually?
Do you save anything by buying the box set?

The new series is awesome by the way. Back to the good old days!! :)

Individual sets arent available in the uk atm. Only way to get them is too import them.
Right.

I was thinking I couldn't find them.

If you import them every month you end up spending a lot extra on postage costs.

But I guess it's a decent alternative instead of forking it all out at once.

I think £95 for the lot delivered is probably the best you'll get it though.

Reactions: thewoe
Right.

I was thinking I couldn't find them.

If you import them every month you end up spending a lot extra on postage costs.

But I guess it's a decent alternative instead of forking it all out at once.

I think £95 for the lot delivered is probably the best you'll get it though.

Just remember to check your season 8 set for the black crush issue, if it has it get it replaced as it's a well known issue.

http://www.xfilesvault.com/features/Season-8-Black-Crush-Blu-ray-Problem/

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I've started getting the series by ordering season 1 and plan to get a season a month so I suspect by the time I get around to the troublesome pressings they will have been repressed.

I've started getting the series by ordering season 1 and plan to get a season a month so I suspect by the time I get around to the troublesome pressings they will have been repressed.
Do we know does the season 8 problem affect all countries or just the UK?

*Edit*

Sorry, just clicked on the link that thewoe provided above.

It actually doesn't look like something that would bother me. Finding it hard to see any real difference from the proper settings.

Last edited:
Do we know does the season 8 problem affect all countries or just the UK?

*Edit*

Sorry, just clicked on the link that thewoe provided above.

It actually doesn't look like something that would bother me. Finding it hard to see any real difference from the proper settings.

It affects disc's worldwide. But only on certain players.

I just ordered this set from fox direct on rakuten.co.uk for £90 down from £100 using code JAN20162 if anyone wants £10 off, code expires monday.