Thor (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #14) [China]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 for Lenticular & 700 for 1/4 slip)
Notes: 3D+2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with WEA full height lenticular slip cover.
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group buy: HDN Blufans Marvel GB

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t own it. Turned down an offer around 6 months ago for £120.
Not that I can’t afford it, but I don’t find it worth that much.

I think Thor (and the second one) will have an UHD release in the future (like Captain America now) and it will be re-released (I hope) :D
And if not....so be it.
You're correct, it isn't worth that much. It's a magical fantasy land between some collector's where the price of this "grail" fluctuates and whatever somebody decides its worth that day, others follow because they don't know themselves lol.

You don't have this one fella? Or you disagree with the verdict?

I don´t have this one, I just tease @TheCollector86 :LOL: because it´s fun :rofl:. But from what I have seen, I have no interest in this slip, not only I don´t feel that all red, but it really looks weak on every picture/video I saw, so yeah, Im pretty happy with my WWA minty mint awesome steel :)

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
I don´t have this one, I just tease @TheCollector86 :LOL: because it´s fun :rofl:. But from what I have seen, I have no interest in this slip, not only I don´t feel that all red, but it really looks weak on every picture/video I saw, so yeah, Im pretty happy with my WWA minty mint awesome steel :)
Very subjective these lenticular's be. I've mentioned before I thought the HDZeta Blade Runner double was pretty meh. If you're not feeling the artwork then yeah you've done the right thing. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Very subjective these lenticular's be. I've mentioned before I thought the HDZeta Blade Runner double was pretty meh. If you're not feeling the artwork then yeah you've done the right thing. :thumbs:

Actually I have a same opinion on Blade Runner, even though I didnt see this one on my own eyes either, but it looks very blurry tbh....still though, would like to get this one some day, at least artworks are great....

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
To be honest there's never going to be a lenticular that warrants £400 or more.
There's a plethora of people that will feel a need to pick up this package to fill a hole in their Blufans / MCU collection (and I was one of them).
The nicest releases have never really equated for the most sought after nor the most valuable. It's just the way it goes. This one for better or worse is now always going to be the 'grail' of Blufans, Marvel and maybe even SteelBooks overall.

Reactions: Terrifier
To be honest there's never going to be a lenticular that warrants £400 or more.
There's a plethora of people that will feel a need to pick up this package to fill a hole in their Blufans / MCU collection (and I was one of them).
The nicest releases have never really equated for the most sought after nor the most valuable. It's just the way it goes. This one for better or worse is now always going to be the 'grail' of Blufans, Marvel and maybe even SteelBooks overall.
is it? i can see this drop in price if a nicer release shows up.. and while this is already pretty nice, theres some room for improvement.. uhd disc, slip size (thicker than this), better artwork (color is nice of course, but the artwork itself isnt particularly interesting),...

is it? i can see this drop in price if a nicer release shows up.. and while this is already pretty nice, theres some room for improvement.. uhd disc, slip size (thicker than this), better artwork (color is nice of course, but the artwork itself isnt particularly interesting),...
I personally think so. I used to collect Korean MCU releases and moved over to Blufans when the korean releases became more sporadic and the Blufans reigned consistent.

I think the Blufans is always going to be revered as the gold standard of MCU and I think the premise of having 20/21 Blufans films and then replace Thor with Weet? Or Zavvi? That'd drive me insane and I think most people too.

The early days it was the UK run of play/hmv phase 1 that was the pinnacle of SteelBooks.
That was then superseded by the WWA slipcovers from Kimchidvd and Novamedia.
And as it is now, the blufans WEA titles are the series of the MCU to have.
I think at this point for that to be relegated, a complete, new, superior series would have to be offered and at that point, unlike HDZeta's TDK trilogy, theres just too many films to be replaced now.
WEET can produce a nicer GOTG Vol 2 in many peoples eyes, but can they produce a nicer MCU? And if they can, will anyone listen? Theres too many people on this Blufans MCU train now. And if like me, you were a little late and are going back and collecting older releases, you're going to need to pay the price, literally. No thicker slip cover will change that.

Like I say, the most perfect release has never been the most sought after.

But we shall see :thumbs:

Last edited:
I personally think so. I used to collect Korean MCU releases and moved over to Blufans when the korean releases became more sporadic and the Blufans reigned consistent.

I think the Blufans is always going to be revered as the gold standard of MCU and I think the premise of having 20/21 Blufans films and then replace Thor with Weet? Or Zavvi? That'd drive me insane and I think most people too.

The early days it was the UK run of play/hmv phase 1 that was the pinnacle of SteelBooks.
That was then superseded by the WWA slipcovers from Kimchidvd and Novamedia.
And as it is now, the blufans WEA titles are the series of the MCU to have.
I think at this point for that to be relegated, a complete, new, superior series would have to be offered and at that point, unlike HDZeta's TDK trilogy, theres just too many films to be replaced now.
WEET can produce a nicer GOTG Vol 2 in many peoples eyes, but can they produce a nicer MCU? And if they can, will anyone listen? Theres too many people on this Blufans MCU train now. And if like me, you were a little late and are going back and collecting older releases, you're going to need to pay the price, literally. No thicker slip cover will change that.

Like I say, the most perfect release has never been the most sought after.

But we shall see :thumbs:
ok, thats actually a valid point that they already released many marvel movies... im not into marvel so i didnt really had that in mind..