Thor (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #14) [China]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 for Lenticular & 700 for 1/4 slip)
Notes: 3D+2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with WEA full height lenticular slip cover.
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group buy: HDN Blufans Marvel GB

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is this perfect release you speak of? :p
Theres a few examples but I had Manta Lab's Inglourious Basterds in mind. I'm not entirely versed in the thread but it looks like there isn't much wrong with it?

I'm sure it doesn't excel in every aspect (I wouldn't know I don't own it), but by the logic of some, this would be a more fitting most sought after release and yet it's barely worth more than retail.

Last edited:
Theres a few examples but I had Manta Lab's Inglourious Basterds in mind. I'm not entirely versed in the thread but it looks like there isn't much wrong with it?

I'm sure it doesn't excel in every aspect (I wouldn't know I don't own it), but by the logic of some, this would be a more fitting most sought after release and yet it's barely worth more than retail.
I see what you mean. I agree, it's a great release. Was wondering what you had in mind when you said that.

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
there are only a few releases (combination of great artwork, great quality steelbook and a great slip) i'd consider perfect anyways.. oldboy plain archive full slip b, loving vincent kimchidvd full slip a1, istd plain archive pet slip, leon kimchidvd pet slip, memento kimchidvd lenti, probably a few mondo x releases, maybe gotg1 blufans ultimate+rocket&groot, NOT gotg 2 imo due to the steelbook and artworks used, perhaps the full slip, etc...

but apart from quality there a plenty more factors that make a release collectible.. print run, the actual movie itself, etc.

there are only a few releases (combination of great artwork, great quality steelbook and a great slip) i'd consider perfect anyways.. oldboy plain archive full slip b, loving vincent kimchidvd full slip a1, istd plain archive pet slip, leon kimchidvd pet slip, memento kimchidvd lenti, probably a few mondo x releases, maybe gotg1 blufans ultimate+rocket&groot, NOT gotg 2 imo due to the steelbook and artworks used, perhaps the full slip, etc...

but apart from quality there a plenty more factors that make a release collectible.. print run, the actual movie itself, etc.
The word perfect might've been a slight bit of hyperbole but I agree. Very nice releases.
Most of which, generally, better films, lower print runs and more creative / better looking / stronger releases than Thor Blufans Lenticular yet nowhere near the demand.

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror
Hmm I've got to disagree. In fact I think I like the minimalist aesthetic of the HMV version more than the blufans.
It's the red lenticular that makes this release worth the hype! How many deep red lenticulars are there. The depth behind the title is pretty impressive and it's one of the shaper lenticulars.
It definitely stands out against almost every other lenticular slip out there.
To each their own :thumbs:
Same. The clouds add nothing to me and the hammer on the rear is nicer.
Plus I really dislike the over saturation of red of the lenti so it made this a n say pass for me at the time.

If I could get it for £30 or less I’d consider biting just to have a premium version of Thor, but even then there are other titles it’d prefer to buy first.

Each to their own though.

I just collect what I like the look of. Don't give a f**k who is releasing it.
Same.
My MCU is a mush-mash of Kimchi, HMV, Zavvi, Nova, Play.com(Iron Man 2), FAC and Blufans, even js-DVD’s for Taiwan partial slip on IM3, and I love every single edition I own.
There is even a metal pack for the US Avengers release(have HMV also but that’s only a single disc release despite having the better artwork)

Even have a few big sleeves from Tesco.

I would like to have all big sleeves (to put on my wall, framed) and at least one edition with an o-ring slipcase or full-lenti slip, for each movie...but am also happy to wait and see what’s re-released down the line, as once the ‘Infinity Saga’ is complete, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more editions released.

Maybe Weet will do to Thor and Iron man trilogy, what they did to Captain America and personally Io’d Welcome it, that cap set is lovely,

Same. The clouds add nothing to me and the hammer on the rear is nicer.
Plus I really dislike the over saturation of red of the lenti so it made this a n say pass for me at the time.

If I could get it for £30 or less I’d consider biting just to have a premium version of Thor, but even then there are other titles it’d prefer to buy first.

Each to their own though.

Same.
My MCU is a mush-mash of Kimchi, HMV, Zavvi, Nova, Play.com(Iron Man 2), FAC and Blufans, even js-DVD’s for Taiwan partial slip on IM3, and I love every single edition I own.
There is even a metal pack for the US Avengers release(have HMV also but that’s only a single disc release despite having the better artwork)

Even have a few big sleeves from Tesco.

I would like to have all big sleeves (to put on my wall, framed) and at least one edition with an o-ring slipcase or full-lenti slip, for each movie...but am also happy to wait and see what’s re-released down the line, as once the ‘Infinity Saga’ is complete, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more editions released.

Maybe Weet will do to Thor and Iron man trilogy, what they did to Captain America and personally Io’d Welcome it, that cap set is lovely,
Yeah it’s definitely a distinct look that lenticular. If it’s not for you, it’s an easy call to make

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k and yeslek
Yeah it’s definitely a distinct look that lenticular. If it’s not for you, it’s an easy call to make
Back then I was also more stingy on how much I’d spend on a steel - skipped the Wreck it Ralph BF lenti also as it was over £50 (back then most i’d Pay for premium wasn’t £38 - now £50 is average)

Had the steel been much more different to that of HMV’s the. It might have been a toucher choice..but it’s exactly the same front, just with clouds.
Lol

Had the steel been much more different to that of HMV’s the. It might have been a toucher choice..but it’s exactly the same front, just with clouds.
Lol

Take the lenti slip out of the equation because i'm not overly fussed about it...
The Blufans steel is glossy which I prefer over the matte finish of HMV's. However, the design of the steelbook I prefer the black background of HMV's more simplistic look. I think the BF steel is stunning though, both are.

I have started to ‘upgrade’ my Zavvi steels to Blufans as the plain blue labels on the discs really disappoint me. Just wondering if a kind soul on here could post some photos of the actual disc artwork included in both lenti & 1/4 slip? Hoping it is the black labels with Thor (3D) and Loki (2D) on?

Thor 1 &2 are last on my list to hunt down as think I might have found Ant-Man open/mint lenti. ;)

I have started to ‘upgrade’ my Zavvi steels to Blufans as the plain blue labels on the discs really disappoint me. Just wondering if a kind soul on here could post some photos of the actual disc artwork included in both lenti & 1/4 slip? Hoping it is the black labels with Thor (3D) and Loki (2D) on?

Thor 1 &2 are last on my list to hunt down as think I might have found Ant-Man open/mint lenti. ;)
pics of the disc