Thor: Love and Thunder (4K+2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: October 03, 2022
Purchase links: SteelBook Only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on August 26th at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook Only) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: SteelBook has a matte finish

Screenshot 2022-08-23 170814.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-25 154154.jpg

Notes

Last edited by a moderator:
My regular copy was delivered yesterday with The Thing TOC, only there was one problem. The delivery box was opened and the steelbook was missing.

They used one of those oversized boxes and it looks as if the cardboard was bent causing the side to tear open. I'll have to reach out to them today, but this is kinda annoying having waited two weeks for an empty box to show up. Hopefully they can just send another out.
This also was my case with 2 collectors edition inside a wrap around mailer and the end just works loose and the items nearly fall out, if you are going to send the items in rubbish packaging at least tape the ends up, unfortunately some of the people packing are clueless/don't care, requires no extra effort.

This also was my case with 2 collectors edition inside a wrap around mailer and the end just works loose and the items nearly fall out, if you are going to send the items in rubbish packaging at least tape the ends up, unfortunately some of the people packing are clueless/don't care, requires no extra effort.
Thosw wrap around mailers absolutely do not come undone if you do them properly. ******* ****** packers man.

So another twist in the new tracked shipping only service from Zavvi to Canada.

My Thor: Love and Thunder order is arriving today. Not only are shipping rates going from $6.00 Canadian for non tracked parcels (which is no longer an option that Zavvi is providing to Canada) to $15.00 for the new mandatory tracked shipping but it seems that Zavvi has stopped including the VAT $ paid information on the shipping labels recently.

So the package was just released from Customs and I will be required to pick up my package from a Canada Post outlet. I will have to pay Duty and taxes for the first time ever on a Zavvi order.

Duty and taxes owing:$43.49 CAD

The value of the package is on the label but not the amount of the VAT paid. It also states that the country of origin of goods is Poland.

The package was shipped from Warrington but went through FedEx in Spain.

When it reached Canada it was handed over to Customs and it is being delivered by Canada Post, not FedEx.

My Thor: Love and Thunder order is arriving today. Not only are shipping rates going from $6.00 Canadian for non tracked parcels (which is no longer an option that Zavvi is providing to Canada) to $15.00 for the new mandatory tracked shipping but it seems that Zavvi has stopped including the VAT $ paid information on the shipping labels recently.

So the package was just released from Customs and I will be required to pick up my package from a Canada Post outlet. I will have to pay Duty and taxes for the first time ever on a Zavvi order.

The value of the package is on the label but not the amount of the VAT paid. It also states that the country of origin of goods is Poland.

When it reached Canada it was handed over to Customs and it is being delivered by Canada Post, not FedEx.
I'm guessing you will contact Zavvi over this, that's not acceptable.

It's a huge shame but I still have Eternals, Doctor Strange and now this, sat in my basket..... can't bring myself to pull the trigger due to being forced to buy the 4k edition (pre covid 3D was £25), the fact I now need to pay postage if £2 (an item I think) pushing price basically to £35 when rounded up, AND owing to all the issues read on here.

I dispise having MCU gaps but price and reluctance to deal with Zavvi are the biggest pulls.

Am half hoping Avatar will reintroduce 3D discs and make it worth me buying (still dislike how 4k looks for colouring, so seeing as I have IMAX versions of Disney plus, why else would I want/need to keep overpaying for steels?....)

All that said am still considering biting (amazon imports as they are usually £26ish for I think DE editions - least that's the Black Widow and Shang-Chi copies I have; german)

Such a shame to see Zavvi are worse that they ever were

It's a huge shame but I still have Eternals, Doctor Strange and now this, sat in my basket..... can't bring myself to pull the trigger due to being forced to buy the 4k edition (pre covid 3D was £25), the fact I now need to pay postage if £2 (an item I think) pushing price basically to £35 when rounded up, AND owing to all the issues read on here.

I dispise having MCU gaps but price and reluctance to deal with Zavvi are the biggest pulls.

Am half hoping Avatar will reintroduce 3D discs and make it worth me buying (still dislike how 4k looks for colouring, so seeing as I have IMAX versions of Disney plus, why else would I want/need to keep overpaying for steels?....)

All that said am still considering biting (amazon imports as they are usually £26ish for I think DE editions - least that's the Black Widow and Shang-Chi copies I have; german)

Such a shame to see Zavvi are worse that they ever were
I want 3d to ******* die. 4k looks amazing. And I really hope avatar 2 3 4 5 50 ******* 500 doesn't bring it back. Its little more than a gimmick.

• Haha
Reactions: GeoRattray

Hi Styg, Are you saying that Zavii used one of those international delivery companies, that deliberately put every single parcel through customs, so that they can charge you for the privelege of doing so, even if the customs owed is minimal ?

I want 3d to ******* die. 4k looks amazing. And I really hope avatar 2 3 4 5 50 ******* 500 doesn't bring it back. Its little more than a gimmick.
Defriended for such offensive commentary you should keep to yourself :naughty:

3d must live and kept alive by Avatar sequels being download directly into the cortex's of our brains.

Each to their own :thumbs:

What the effing ****? Warrington is in north England, it even has a bridge, that you have to cross to go even further north for Scotland. Last time I was there, it certainly wasn't Poland. Poland hasn't moved it borders in the last year either. This is totally insane. Feel for you.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's a one-off and not something that will happen moving forward.

I'm also Canadian and have never paid customs on an item from Zavvi. All my pending orders are non-tracked, so if nothing changes I may be more selective with my future orders.

I just saw this train wreck of a movie, and am glad that at least I didn't waste my money on this awful steelbook.

That said, if the steel was halfway nice I'd grab it just to be complete so hopefully an extended version will come along in a much nicer steel.

Don't get me wrong...there were a couple scenes I enjoyed, like every scene with Christian Bale who, in spite of this movie being less than bantha fodder, deserves an academy nomination for supporting actor. He was awsome.

was about to get it with the discount code but the code doesnt work on the newly released items I notice. I am talking about gsg15 to get 15% off. Does anyone know whats going on?

was about to get it with the discount code but the code doesnt work on the newly released items I notice. I am talking about gsg15 to get 15% off. Does anyone know whats going on?
They no longer work. Well some do, some don’t, some for a bit when they are released etc etc you have to be savvy about it for now

It won’t last long. They must of had a dive in sales since doing it

... do tell me ?!
I'd rather not, I'm overly tired, have a headache and am kinda pissed about cancelling my Rambo collectors set. O might say something I'll regret and I kinda like this forum. But if it was the Christ thing. Deadpool has a great quote near the end. It ends with cock.

If we all start cancelling orders if we find out steelbooks are going to be matte finish, do you think they will get the message?