Thor: Love and Thunder (4K+2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: October 03, 2022
Purchase links: SteelBook Only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on August 26th at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook Only) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: SteelBook has a matte finish

Screenshot 2022-08-23 170814.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-25 154154.jpg

Notes

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-embossed steel, printed back...
Booklet, cards... booklet, cards, gotta repeat that to myself.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF by Working Title

That's good. But still Zavvis packing has gone downhill lately and it's becoming a worrying trend. I have the £100 rambo due this week and I am petrified it is gonna be packed badly.
Don't worry, that box would be large enough to fill all the empty space in that mailer... :shipped:

I want 3d to ******* die. 4k looks amazing. And I really hope avatar 2 3 4 5 50 ******* 500 doesn't bring it back. Its little more than a gimmick.
Each to their own....I could say same about 4k as its is awful IMO (even with cinema screens the extra details barely holds uup in the big screen - yes it's cleaner/sharper but not by much and the HDR colour is awful)

I wish 4k would die personally.
Zero improvement on image at home from what I've seen over the years; washed out, dull and at a premium price too? No thank you!

I'll stick with streaming HD and the blu's I own, especially when the MCU movies have IMAX full screen ratios on diselney+

3d was the only reason to still justify buying physical and covid killed that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Who Zavvi? They release a lot more than steelbooks. Unless something just went right over my head.

I know. :) I wrote only in caps since they do all kind of stuff and they most certainly won't get message about which Gralf said.

Each to their own....I could say same about 4k as its is awful IMO (even with cinema screens the extra details barely holds uup in the big screen - yes it's cleaner/sharper but not by much and the HDR colour is awful)

Zero improvement on image at home from what I've seen over the years; washed out, dull and at a premium price too? No thank you!

I'll stick with streaming HD and the blu's I own, especially when the MCU movies have IMAX full screen ratios on diselney+

Everything you are saying about 4k is objectively untrue.

So glad to see someone else think so.
'They' knew there wasn't much improvement in PQ, so tacked on the Horrendously Dull Recoloration layer, making colors either artificially clown-like looking, or washed out and dim like in 'theater mode', with a projector lamp dying.
I'm glad at least with pirate torrents there's usually a choice to get 2160p resolution without HDR.

Reactions: yeslek
So glad to see someone else think so.
'They' knew there wasn't much improvement in PQ, so tacked on the Horrendously Dull Recoloration layer, making colors either artificially clown-like looking, or washed out and dim like in 'theater mode', with a projector lamp dying.
I'm glad at least with pirate torrents there's usually a choice to get 2160p resolution without HDR.
Ita definitely a format that comes down to personal preference way more than it overwhelmingly being agreed to 'look better' by the masses.
Many people can't see the difference in PQ from Bluray to DVD (so they claim, but when they go back to HD and it looks 'hazy' they tend to change their mind lol) so even less will see the 4k 'upgrade', then throw in the limitations of smaller screens not being able to fully show off the additional detail, plus streaming being able to actually compete...why would anyone bother upgrading to 4k?

Now, don't get me wrong, 4k gaming is a whole other animal, but a lot of that is down to the games being 60/120 frames than the extra pixels/HDR.

Everything you are saying about 4k is objectively untrue.
Nope...That's just your opinion, on my own opinions

It doesn't matter that on paper 4k is 'better' ...if I can't see or dislike the end result on offer, am not interested.

It's akin to the ps5 vs xbx - on paper the x is and therefore should be WAY better, but in experience the ps5 is the winner.

If you like 4k, good for you.
I don't. I near detest it now it's the only option for steelbooks - what about a £20 blu-ray only version if the £25 3d disc versions are out of the picture?

There is also a huge increase, post covid, of a MCU steels staying I stock....I remember when both 4k Nd 3d editions sold out...now they struggle with just the one. Why? Because of greed and lack of choice mainly, I'd bet (and shoddy artwork, but when the first two points weren't so much an issue, we, myself included, gave them passes on the artwork and purchased anyway)

You are entitled to your opinion.
But it's not true/untrue by any measure. Its merely opinion.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
It all comes down to source and how much work they put into making it work.
If they give **** about BR then you know it's gonna be sh*t...
Simple as it is. There's tons of excellent BR, UHD and vice versa....
Personally i go for UHD. If nothing else they're region free. If not i stay on BR if UHD is crap...

******* James Cameron gonna try to revive it though. ******.
He wants it without glasses which I’d prefer (as someone who wears normal glasses) but it won’t happen. The avatar films will be the last films to get big 3D releases in imax which will look fantastic but that’s as far as it will go.

Considering they don’t make the TVs anymore and most electronics have a shelf life of under a decade...... I don’t know what else to say other than, your 3D tv will die in the next few years and then you’re proper f**ked lol

He wants it without glasses which I’d prefer (as someone who wears normal glasses) but it won’t happen. The avatar films will be the last films to get big 3D releases in imax which will look fantastic but that’s as far as it will go.

Considering they don’t make the TVs anymore and most electronics have a shelf life of under a decade...... I don’t know what else to say other than, your 3D tv will die in the next few years and then you’re proper f**ked lol
Projectors (even cheap ones) do 3d

Projectors (even cheap ones) do 3d
I haven’t got a theatre in my house mate. No good to me.

Plus lighting is sh!t with them. You’ll have to wait for the sun to go down to be able to see anything

I haven’t got a theatre in my house mate. No good to me.

Plus lighting is sh!t with them. You’ll have to wait for the sun to go down to be able to see anything
Lot has changed with projectors in past few years

Yes you will always get best picture in a dark room but a lot has changed in past few years with projectors in regards to lumens levels

There are Lamp/LED/Laser projectors now available for viewing in bright rooms as in daytime viewing
When used with Ambient Light Rejecting Screen you can get decent picture during daytime

A high quality projector years ago cost a lot of money 10,000/20,000 or higher but that has changed in past 5 years
You can get a decent LED or Laser projector now that cost £1,500 - £3,000
You can spend a lot more but really not needed unless money no object and want to show off that your loaded with cash :rofl:

Lamp based projectors the cost of replacing lamps that put off lot getting a projector

LED/Laser have life of 20,000 to 25,000 hours No replacement lamps required to purchase

Reactions: Flloydo