USA
Release date: March 6, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
SKU: 6162244
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

thor_rag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
But there's still thousands of steelbook, bluray collectors. Same as vinyls.. nobody's listening to vinyls anymore. But you can still buy those in any media store.

Yeah, collector's buy them when most go on sale. Those so-called collectors complain when prices reach $30. Even $27.99 is not good enough.

Have to say I’m quite liking the mock up

Like @kaw suggested I think the hulk poster would of been cool on the back. Red and green would look powerful together

And open it would look like they are facing off

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
Wow. Really pretty, and much more inspired than most other Marvel Steelbook releases.
I don't know... I think I'm done with Marvel. I'm burnt out. I can't even get excited for their movies anymore.
Have you seen this movie though? I loved it. I'll admit, Marvel movies have been pretty "meh" for me in the last few years, with the exception of Guardians and Ant-Man, but this new Thor is awesome.

Steel looks good, but needs more variation in colours

I don't know... I think I'm done with Marvel. I'm burnt out. I can't even get excited for their movies anymore.

I am feeling the same a bit. Did like GotG2 though. But Thor 3... I don’t know. For my personal taste there was too much humor in this movie. Too much forced humor. And the story... I mean come on... The movie is called 'Ragnarok' for a reason, but they are trying to make a comedy. I know this is Marvel, but i would have loved to see a more darker Thor, with more depth and drama. The world is going to die and all they can do is making dumb jokes most of the time. For me that does not fit well together. It is also a shame how they treated Thors old companions and Odin. So much unused potential. No, i don’t like that movie very much. It has some cool scenes but all in all, this Thor is one of the worst Marvel movies in my opinion.

Thor 3... I don’t know. For my personal taste there was too much humor in this movie. Too much forced humor. And the story... I mean come on... The movie is called 'Ragnarok' for a reason, but they are trying to make a comedy. I know this is Marvel, but i would have loved to see a more darker Thor, with more depth and drama. The world is going to die and all they can do is making dumb jokes most of the time. For me that does not fit well together. It is also a shame how they treated Thors old companions and Odin. So much unused potential. No, i don’t like that movie very much. It has some cool scenes but all in all, this Thor is one of the worst Marvel movies in my opinion.
100% agree.
About the steelbook: a movie poster as a front artwork? I don't think it will end up being the final artwork

For a film that exploded with dazzling colours, they just stick with red

Yeah I know what you mean...I mean even the promo cards they gave out in the cinema were colorful

123.jpg

I'm still hoping for the IMAX poster but that will be Blu fans if anything.

poster_01.jpg

Have you seen this movie though? I loved it. I'll admit, Marvel movies have been pretty "meh" for me in the last few years, with the exception of Guardians and Ant-Man, but this new Thor is awesome.

Steel looks good, but needs more variation in colours

I haven’t seen this one... it doesn’t give me much faith because the first two Thor movies are THE WORST of the MCU- which is saying a lot considering how bad Iron Man 2, 3, and Captain America were.

I am feeling the same a bit. Did like GotG2 though. But Thor 3... I don’t know. For my personal taste there was too much humor in this movie. Too much forced humor. And the story... I mean come on... The movie is called 'Ragnarok' for a reason, but they are trying to make a comedy. I know this is Marvel, but i would have loved to see a more darker Thor, with more depth and drama. The world is going to die and all they can do is making dumb jokes most of the time. For me that does not fit well together. It is also a shame how they treated Thors old companions and Odin. So much unused potential. No, i don’t like that movie very much. It has some cool scenes but all in all, this Thor is one of the worst Marvel movies in my opinion.

It’s funny that you should mention forced humor- that was my main problem with GotG Vol. 2. I liked most of what GotG2 had to offer: a compelling narrative not driven by a plot McGuffin but solely by character interaction and personal arcs... but GotG2 reeeeeaaaally frustrated me with its humor.

Every tense, dramatic, and heartfelt scene was completely derailed by the need to hit a quip quota. It’s like- I can’t take any of these movies seriously because the film is intentionally telling me not to take it seriously. Sure, I think humor can have its place in Marvel movies, but I don’t need every movie to be a comedy.... and that’s where their problem for me lies.

I thought that Doctor Strange was terrible, and I straight up walked out of Spider-Man Homecoming. So... I think I’m just done.

@FN-2187 Yeah, you are right. There was some forced humor in GotG2, too. But all in all I could live with that. For me Thor 3 was much more annoying to watch. Well, I like the first Thor a lot and even Thor 2 was okay for me. Also Iron Man 2. :D So maybe you should give Thor 3 a go. :rofl:;)

Concerning the steelbook: The front looks okay, but the back is quite boring. The Hulk on the back would match a lot better I agree. But we will see. I dont think that this is the final artwork.

@Melv500 I like your idea for the inside artwork. Fits better with the red outside. Otherwise, it is a comedy... So the dark red doesn't fit the tone of the movie in my opinion. The steelbook should be much more colourful I guess.

Anyway, I probably won't buy the movie nontheless. :LOL: