USA
Release date: March 6, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
SKU: 6162244
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

thor_rag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be in the USA as this appears to be a drastic move by Disney which hints that they are going to gradually ditch 3D. CES 2018 will give us a better picture on the future of 3D on TVs which is why I am not upgrading my TV.

So do you think there won't be a 3D disc for The Last Jedi then?

Well, that could be true in USA, but not in Europe

Could be in the USA as this appears to be a drastic move by Disney which hints that they are going to gradually ditch 3D. CES 2018 will give us a better picture on the future of 3D on TVs which is why I am not upgrading my TV.

I was defiantly referring to NA

So do you think there won't be a 3D disc for The Last Jedi then?

Disney wanted to kill home 3D after GOTG 2 in NA so not likely

Reactions: Stygian
Imax is dropping most all its movies to 2d. No justive league in 3d imax that I have seen. Jedi will be 3d imax though.

Just USA though right? Every release at the London IMAX pretty much has 3D. Watched Wonder Woman, Thor, Blade Runner and got tickets for JL and Last Jedi, all in 3D

Imax is dropping most all its movies to 2d. No justive league in 3d imax that I have seen. Jedi will be 3d imax though.

You are correct, pretty irritated with that....was surprised Thor was.
The IMAX I go to in WI is ONLY showing Jedi in 3D at 10:15pm through the entire run...

I've been trying to hold off on purchasing the (Marvel) Super Hero films separately, as I have both MCU #1 and #2 and feel confident there will be a #3 ( though perhaps not until 2019.
But couldn't pass up the very nice Dr Strange Lenti and GotG 1 Lenti, sigh.
Hopefully other new film prestige releases (i.e. Kimchi - BatB Lenti) will convince me to keep my wallet aside.

It's plain and simple, the creative teams that bundle these versions differently for every release should all be Fired with all movie manufacturers and actually hire a compassionate team that understands the majority of customers do not want these multiple versions sold separately... I know for a fact that customers do not want to buy multiple versions of the same movie when the studio ends up releasing the 4K separately , 3D version separately, and the steelbook blu ray separately. That only pisses the consumers off that they have to then choose or buy all 3 copies. Disney's Cars 3 is a prime example of Disney messing with their fans by giving us a big middle finger to the US with most of the worst versions come here. Cars 3 in Best Buy had 4K NO Steelbook, the Blu Ray with SteelBook, DVD by itself, only having 3 versions and neglecting the US to the 3D version completely! (Really DVD Alone is no need) BluRay/DVD bundles are cheap enough nowadays that there is no need for the standalone DVD. Best Buy should definitely make Thor Ragarok Steelbook include
4K/ 3D/ Blu/ Digital and it is Messed up they do it for GOTG 2, but, for Thor they seperate the package. Disney is very inconsistent with these bundles which is very frustrating!

Get with the times and casual consumers should understand that Blu Rays are now just as cheap or the same price as a DVD So why stay stuck in old times without change... Just like everything in this world, evolve and change with the times and stop living like a Dinosaur as well as being stubborn about not upgrading to Blu ray or 4K when it is now the same cost so no excuses! I just got Passengers 4K New for $15 and seen some Blu-Rays as low as $5 ... Again no excuses to not upgrade to better quality.

I had to import the 3D Cars steelbook from India since Disney again neglects the US.... Which I also can't believe that the Best Buy NON 3D Steelbook and international 3D Steelbook would be the same quality Steelbook finish since they both have the same art work, but to my surprise the international 3D Steelbook Has very nice gloss, Embossing and Debossing versus the Best Buy Blu ray steelbook only has gloss. Why, are all international Steelbooks made with more love and I hope the staff that makes these decisions to make crappier versions of the same Steelbook gets FIRED!

So if movie studios are listening that you want to milk customers releasing multiple versions, cutting 3D from the US, keep releasing higher quality to international regions, cutting the steelbook 4K/3D versions so you can release the Blu ray Steelbook is all going to make me straight up go bum rush your stores and just take it... I will buy one and steal the other 2 versions because if companies don't care about there customers then I don't care to steal from you!

Disney could have easily did the 4K/3D /Blu/Digital Steelbook for Cars 3 like they did for Gurdians of the Galaxy 2 but instead they give the Steelbook to only the Blu ray copy and separate all the versions. Every movie release the studios change which versions will be included in a bundle or not and why some 4K, 3D and Blu Rays get a stupid cardboard slip cover when others get a Steelbook..

(NO ALADDIN STEELBOOK) oh yeah Disney just allowed ZAVI to release a very limited run of the Aladdin Steelbook meanwhile there are millions of fans that would love an Aladdin Steelbook for only Zavi to release maybe 2000 copies worldwide is crappy business by Disney! Disney, do you think consumers dont notice these shady tactics when we are all connected to world and see the better versions go some where to a land far, far away.

The standard for every release needs to be Steelbook 4K/3D /Blu/Digital and then have maybe a 4K version and then DVD/Blu combo for those wanting a cheaper version, but there still needs to be that top shelf version for the many that want that and it makes no sense that the entire world are getting better releases then in the US...

THE US sucks for Movie Releases and to all the studio's many fans are fed up with it and I will not continue to buy all versions.. I will look right at the camera as I am stealing the extra versions and have my middle finger waving right back at you as you the studios do to the customers by selling all the versions separately to the US, but giving international releases amazing bundles for reasonable prices. They need to realize no matter what part of the World their fans are we all like the combo Steelbooks bundled and not to give better versions to one region while neglecting another. Make the same release for the entire World so everyone can have a chance at getting high quality releases. If stores don't want their stuff taken then maybe they should communicate to the studios that in a worldwide community consumers are very aware what products are released on a global scale and that the US gets the worst versions 98% of the time. If you call Disney corporate to address their Spitefulness, they tell you to call Marvel and Vice-versa giving you a runaround. They have a comment line that is useless and guess what Disney you want to do things your way then I will do things my way and like I said I will just take it. Come catch me if you can....

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dfoles and lgans316
I watched Thor Ragnarok last weekend. While I enjoyed it, I totally disliked the fact that it feels like the movie is a parody for some Marvel film. Too much comedy. I prefer the first Iron Man film over this one.

Nevertheless, the Best Buy steelbook will be a welcome addition to my collection. Hopefully, BluFans will include the 3D disc next year, just in case 3D is still around next year. :whistle: