Thor: Ragnarok (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre order is live on Saturday August 3rd from 6PM UK time)
Price: £28.99

thor_rag.jpg

12239324-1664693765036242.jpg 12239324-2034693764586752.jpg 12239324-2544693765209066.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh I hope it matches the new 4K SteelBooks for the first two movies and also comes to the US
this is getting strange... if it matches why Bestbuy is not doing the same?
Maybe they haven't done yet but usually Bestbuy put everything on their website at the same time (like they did with DS, Antman and GOTG)

Not to mention it's the third artwork Zavvi is doing... lol we'll probably see the old artwork steelbook (well, maybe not the lenticular one) flooding ebay soon

Reactions: djjez83
Wtf? They already done a 4k lenti steelbook so amazed they doing another

This must be to match the 2 new thor 4k steels incoming? But like others saying, why hasnt bestbuy got it as well?

Last edited:
Missed out on the last release so this is a welcomed addition for me .

Just need to hope the dark world show back in stock as I missed it first time round.

Wtf? They already done a 4k lenti steelbook so amazed they doing another

This must be to match the 2 new thor 4k steels incoming? But like others saying, why hasnt bestbuy got it as well?

The new Iron Man and Thor SteelBooks were haphazardly revealed/released between the US and UK. This is going up for preorder but I bet we won’t see any details on it for a while until the current slew of SteelBooks release. Or, at the very least we may not see it for a while in the US for the same reason.

It will be interesting to see the artwork for this IF they are going with the matching set still. Thor 1&2 and Ragnarok are worlds apart in their approach to artwork so the grey symbolic 'ancient' looking border of the first two combined with the very zany colours of the third will be interesting to see indeed. Lets hope there is a nice flow. I see Ragnarok more towards the style of GOTG and seeing the title reveal of Love & Thunder it appears they are continuing that visual. It's nice really when you consider how Thor & the Guardians integrated, but I know the Ragnarok Thor isn't everybody's cup of tea. I, however, much prefer the art style of Ragnarok in general.

If its along the lines of the first 2 4k upcoming 4k steels then they have to go with OG artwork since they already used the imax poster on the previous ragnarok 4k zavvi lenti i bet you it will be this but with a border and no title

81LHuCYlgEL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And there we go... that border absolutely doesn't go with the style, and a murky brown rear too, but its their way of releasing a matching set so it is what it is. This is why the first two look better.
Still mine though.

Yup it looks off for sure but at least it matches other 2 so a matching set. but still buying lol :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::naughty::naughty:

Yup it looks off for sure but at least it matches other 2 so a matching set. but still buying lol :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::naughty::naughty:
Rather than what they have presented here I would have taken the same border with a different colour to match the Ragnarok design over what we have been given, even if it doesn't match the other two.
Marvel changed its approach to these films and took away the darker tone for something more vibrant with incredible artwork to accompany this film, so they should have continued that here too but there we go.
WWA releases never surprise me anymore with what gets churned out.

Not as attractive as THOR and DARK WORLD and the least pleasing of the trio . . . green 'n' orange too similar to the recent lenti release for me personally and would have preferred a different image/colours . . . but at least the colours of the new set are similar to the lenti set for those that appreciate that sort of thing instead of all three in grey/blue:-
1564660921676.png

1564661328111.png
1564661611248.png
1564661648954.png

When all's said and done, three lovely sets using classic poster artworks and with decent finishes nicely held together with matching framing borders:-
1564621140683.png
1564621186648.png
1564621277095.png

1564622321060.png
1564622385378.png
1564623074969.png