Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: 14th of December, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192344-1214340183262405.jpg

11192344-3264340183274492.jpg 11192344-9334340183287227.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea how you can say this lenti release will be ugly when compared to this horrible piece of poop
View attachment 202725
That release any day of the week. Compared to this new piece of crap that art is actually pretty good, not counting the framed pictures on the back. Atleast its not a photoshop disaster of a 5 year old.

I also prefer the WWA excluding the frames on the back though. Wish they weren't there

That release any day of the week. Compared to this new piece of crap that art is actually pretty good, not counting the framed pictures on the back. Atleast its not a photoshop disaster of a 5 year old.

If you like the first zavvi release fair enough, but i think you be nuts.

It still doesnt change the fact that this is a photoshop nightmare in every way. It would get an F grade in a serious course.

Last edited:
Ca-cancelled, same with the other Thor and Cap. 2.

Iron Man was ok, but the lenti's aren't very good and The first Cap was as poor as their Avengers attempt.

Going to keep Guardians and IM2 & 3 but if they look bad in hand then they are going straight to eBay or back to Zavvi, whichever is easiest (tough call).

• Informative
Reactions: neo and Flloydo
Admittedly a bit concerned about this one and not looking forward to a "GotG" scenario with the 'shrink to fit' image on the lenticular magnet not matching up with the artwork on the framing border.
Not worried about depth of vision though as I reckon that should be fine :)
Just prefer single image for the lenti if only to minimise the risk of lining up failure of too many images like we have here with all those floating heads . . . gulp . . .

I'd say keep it simple and uncluttered - like "Iron Man 2" or "Winter Soldier" and the upcoming "Thor" - and you can't go wrong.

Reactions: thewoe
^ I agree i reckon this will be a smaller image i reckon on the lenti just like Guardians of the Galaxy.

I hope im wrong though. :)

This one is going to be the worst of them all by far. Believe it!
I will never understand how anyone could buy this.. :hilarious:

I still think this is alot better than the original zavvi release. The original release was sooooooo bland.

Sure this had potential to be better, but its got a embossed title and a spine title with the Marvel UK Jcards that i love :)

Anyone else who ordered this not had this dispatched yet?

Edit - Am i the only sucker who has preordered this? ;P

Last edited:
Crowded fine on naked steelbook
Crowded not fine on lenticular steelbook - lining up artwork on all four sides = nightmare.
Everything would of course be hunky-dory if all artwork was confined to the lenti and behind the lenti with no artwork on the framing border . . . or at least on one side only - preferably the lower side.