Thor: The Dark World (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: October 21, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Tuesday July 16 2019 from 12 noon)
Price: £28.99
Notes: Limited to 2 per order at checkout

F02FF43E-9CDC-41AB-84B6-1CE582CB80AE.png

Artwork:-
BB7ED79C-7891-46C9-A1C1-5C5F30983CE8.png708EA791-A781-4EFC-8B34-6FAD1B249A25.pngE9948933-2D98-4BFD-A236-F66CBE636031.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to get notification other than email from ZAVVI? I bought the 1 but missed 2... Sad... Didn't receive any email this time either...

I have a lot of the blufans and Film Arena steelbooks. When I say a lot only about maybe 25 but I won't be parting with them. Ordinary steelbooks I have no problems parting with.

My MARVEL Collection stands at 80 at present, with about a dozen on order or in transit.

Just did a count of my steels, and like yourself more coming.

152 MCU
54 DCEU
17 Deadpool 1&2
7 Venom

Obviously there are others out there who have far more but I'm going to keep going because I really enjoy collecting them.

I don't collect any other Marvel steels unless I'm really interested in the films. Keeping it quite contained now. Things like the older Hellboy, Daredevil, Elektra, X-Men etc I've either sold or are collecting dust and don't bother with newer ones such as the new Hellboy, the (now cancelled) netflix TV series steels and the latest X-Men films. I know Deadpool is part of X-Men but I consider it as an entity on its own.

I predict Marvel Studios will swallow up everything else in the future anyway and therefore this 'universe' will be all encompassing and re-booting characters depending on film rights and deals made of course.

can get a text alert by phone
If you have WhatsApp on your phone goto to zavvi website and sign up for WhatsApp message alert
You will get message alert when pre orders go live

WhatsApp though can be hit and miss at times in receiving message alerts but when it's working well it's good

Just did a count of my steels, and like yourself more coming.

152 MCU
54 DCEU
17 Deadpool 1&2
7 Venom

Obviously there are others out there who have far more but I'm going to keep going because I really enjoy collecting them.

I don't collect any other Marvel steels unless I'm really interested in the films. Keeping it quite contained now. Things like the older Hellboy, Daredevil, Elektra, X-Men etc I've either sold or are collecting dust and don't bother with newer ones such as the new Hellboy, the (now cancelled) netflix TV series steels and the latest X-Men films. I know Deadpool is part of X-Men but I consider it as an entity on its own.

I predict Marvel Studios will swallow up everything else in the future anyway and therefore this 'universe' will be all encompassing and re-booting characters depending on film rights and deals made of course.

If you have 152 MCU titles then you must collect the exact same WWA editon from different territories? Am I right?

Not my bag and overkill imo but fair play (well maybe if the finishes are different for here and US then I do sometimes). That’s dedication...... in some mental reality ;)

(That last part was purely jokes before anyone gets offended :rofl:)

If you have 152 MCU titles then you must collect the exact same WWA editon from different territories? Am I right?

Not my bag and overkill imo but fair play (well maybe if the finishes are different for here and US then I do sometimes). That’s dedication...... in some mental reality ;)

(That last part was purely jokes before anyone gets offended :rofl:)

I collect the same film from different territories with different artwork, unless the same artwork is covered by a slip -
i.e. Weet Collection Venom editions and the UK edition from HMV. With slips and without a slip.

I think most serious collectors do the same if they focus on one genre, or try to do the same when affordable.

The only time steelbook artwork duplicates is if it's in the same set or a different slip entirely. I wouldn't buy Venom WWA from the UK and then buy the exact same Venom WWA from Germany for example.

The only exception where I've dipped more than once with the same artwork from different territories is for Infinity War, and will do the same again for Endgame i.e. the Taiwan WWA edition with the free gift cards.
That's because they are the two biggest films for me in the MCU and want a few more. I'll probably buy less for Endgame though to be honest. They are the only two films where i've purchased the digibooks too.

152 is a big number of MCU only steelbooks but there are a lot more than that that has been released without somebody needing to obtain the same artwork again.

It will never be overkill for me because I don't collect other genres, premium or non-premium. Everybody has their own reasons for collecting and lets be honest, there are people out there with more steelbooks in their
overall collection than I have with just MCU. You could argue they are all different films but who cares? If they enjoy those films great, I enjoy the superhero ones PLUS the varying artwork on each one. :)

With the amount of superhero films that are springing up as well as the amount of other genres being released by multiple retailers, you gotta have a focus and this is mine now.

I collect the same film from different territories with different artwork, unless the same artwork is covered by a slip .

I do the same (missing a couple here and there) but I didn’t realise there were 152 for MCU though. And I assume you count one clicks as 3 or 4 depending on how many are included?. I need to count mine up now. I have like nearly 800 steelbooks in total anyway (wwa, premiums - everything) so would be interesting to know my number of MCU and marvel.

Id say nearly half my collection is Disney anyway (live action, animated, Pixar, marvel and Star Wars) when I look at them all. Well maybe less than half but it seems like a lot

I thought you get each wwa from around the world for some reason. (Not just with infinity war)

I do the same (missing a couple here and there) but I didn’t realise there were 152 for MCU though. And I assume you count one clicks as 3 or 4 depending on how many are included?. I need to count mine up now. I have like nearly 800 steelbooks in total anyway (wwa, premiums - everything) so would be interesting to know my number of MCU and marvel.

Id say nearly half my collection is Disney anyway (live action, animated, Pixar, marvel and Star Wars) when I look at them all. Well maybe less than half but it seems like a lot

I thought you get each wwa from around the world for some reason. (Not just with infinity war)

Yep I count the individuals within the clicks separately as they are the actual steelbooks just with different slips.
There are a lot more MCU steels out there than what people think. When you look at what has come out over the years... take The Incredible Hulk alone for example, you could go back to the comic design steelbook right up until the recent blufans one click, and then everything in between; Nova, Zavvi, FYE. That's just one film in that universe but it's one with fewer releases. I think the most I have for one solo movie is for Civil War, so many releases for that film.

Zavvi now releasing most of them all again in 4K too will increase number again.

This is my pride & joy though...

20190718_001553.jpg

Yep I count the individuals within the clicks separately as they are the actual steelbooks just with different slips.
There are a lot more MCU steels out there than what people think. When you look at what has come out over the years... take The Incredible Hulk alone for example, you could go back to the comic design steelbook right up until the recent blufans one click, and then everything in between; Nova, Zavvi, FYE. That's just one film in that universe but it's one with fewer releases. I think the most I have for one solo movie is for Civil War, so many releases for that film.

Zavvi now releasing most of them all again in 4K too will increase number again.

View attachment 438400

pics of entire marvel collection please :D

View attachment 438400

I’ve done some counting. Bare in mind I only have 3 fac steels (1 MCU and 2 Non) and the only one clicks I have with marvel are Blufans guardians 1, vol 2 and infinity war. The rest of my premium MCU or non MCU are just one slipped version from nova, kimchi, weet, manta and Blufans

MCU (WWA, retailer exclusives and premium) - 78

Non MCU (same breakdown as above - and this is the spideys, x men, deadpool etc) - 27 (I only have like one of each x men, other spideys etc)

Animated (hulk, strange, Thor etc) - 5

TV (daredevil, Jessica jones etc) - 6

Total - 116

And DC (I have much less of these - mostly 2 of each DCEU in premium format and a few versions of the Nolan trilogy and Keaton films)

DCEU (premium) - 12

Non DCEU (premium and retailer exclusive) - 8

Animated (U.K. & USA) - 15

Total - 35

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
I collect the same film from different territories with different artwork, unless the same artwork is covered by a slip -
i.e. Weet Collection Venom editions and the UK edition from HMV. With slips and without a slip.

I think most serious collectors do the same if they focus on one genre, or try to do the same when affordable.

The only time steelbook artwork duplicates is if it's in the same set or a different slip entirely. I wouldn't buy Venom WWA from the UK and then buy the exact same Venom WWA from Germany for example.

The only exception where I've dipped more than once with the same artwork from different territories is for Infinity War, and will do the same again for Endgame i.e. the Taiwan WWA edition with the free gift cards.
That's because they are the two biggest films for me in the MCU and want a few more. I'll probably buy less for Endgame though to be honest. They are the only two films where i've purchased the digibooks too.

152 is a big number of MCU only steelbooks but there are a lot more than that that has been released without somebody needing to obtain the same artwork again.

It will never be overkill for me because I don't collect other genres, premium or non-premium. Everybody has their own reasons for collecting and lets be honest, there are people out there with more steelbooks in their
overall collection than I have with just MCU. You could argue they are all different films but who cares? If they enjoy those films great, I enjoy the superhero ones PLUS the varying artwork on each one. :)

With the amount of superhero films that are springing up as well as the amount of other genres being released by multiple retailers, you gotta have a focus and this is mine now.

Ever have to play 152 Pickup?

pics of entire marvel collection please :D

That will take a while to do. When I have time I will group them up for each film and get several photos, but they are always out of date though... lol.

I’ve done some counting. Bare in mind I only have 3 fac steels (1 MCU and 2 Non) and the only one clicks I have with marvel are Blufans guardians 1, vol 2 and infinity war. The rest of my premium MCU or non MCU are just one slipped version from nova, kimchi, weet, manta and Blufans

MCU (WWA, retailer exclusives and premium) - 78

Non MCU (same breakdown as above - and this is the spideys, x men, deadpool etc) - 27 (I only have like one of each x men, other spideys etc)

Animated (hulk, strange, Thor etc) - 5

TV (daredevil, Jessica jones etc) - 6

Total - 116

And DC (I have much less of these - mostly 2 of each DCEU in premium format and a few versions of the Nolan trilogy and Keaton films)

DCEU (premium) - 12

Non DCEU (premium and retailer exclusive) - 8

Animated (U.K. & USA) - 15

Total - 35

78 MCU only... so you have quite a lot yourself then. Considering only 21 of the 23 films have been released at present, how many of yours are double dips? You've no doubt got each film covered by at least one steelbook but what is your biggest number for just one film?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Ah OK. I thought you kept them on display like that all the time.
Oh god no, that would be crazy. I don't actually display them properly yet, I need to aquire some of the decent shelving like the billy bookcase or a glass unit but each time I want to purchase the shelving another steel set comes out!

swings clicks and roundabouts ay.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian