UK
Release date: February 22nd, 2016
Purchase link: Tombstone
Price: £14.99

11216733-3174352385790383.jpg

11216733-1054352387253978.jpg

11216733-1824352387103726.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic film, but I think I'll stick to my R1 Directors Cut DVD - much as I want to love this, the artwork is just not worth forking out £15 for, especially as the Blu-ray is likely to have fewer special features than the DVD. Shame.

I would rather it be the all black original art and gloss .... but at this point ill take whatever. Shame no other region in the world has thought to put this in steelbook. Crazy. Popular film in the states.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
The Steelbook will have the existing previously released Blu-Ray Disc and extras

From what I have seen in reviews the video quality is a mix of of some secens been good to other secens average

I don't personally have this on Blu-ray to give my opinion on the video quality

All Blu -ray releases are the theatrical cut

The Directors cut 4 extra min is only available on the Directors Cut (2 Disc DVD release)

Most of the decent extras that was in the 2 Disc DVD release is on the Blu-Ray releases except a good audio commentary and some other minor extras

Last edited:
We need to get @carllenc to talk to his FA buddies and get them to give this the FAC bells and whistles treatment!
This is a Disney release
I doubt this would get a film arena collection release as they not had any Disney releases yet in the collection series
They only have had standard releases from Disney

It's also a film that needs a new remastered Blu Ray done to have better video quality as the existing Blu-ray not the best but no sign of a remater been done by Disney and unlikely will be

Good title for the steelbook treatment but still just another overpriced catalogue steel with substandard artwork, non re-mastered disc (maybe we'll have to wait for that until 2018 for the 25th Anniversary Edition?) and not even the director's cut (ditto) . . . and most of us probably already own the Amaray anyway.
Surely about time for some true Western classics such as "The Big Country" (or "Shane" - come on Eureka now that you've been good enough to give us the Amaray - which I'd recently imported from The States) or even true modern epics such as "Dances with Wolves" and "Little Big Man".
"In vino veritas" and Cheers !

Reactions: C.C. 95
I would rather it be the all black original art and gloss .... but at this point ill take whatever. Shame no other region in the world has thought to put this in steelbook. Crazy. Popular film in the states.
At this point I'll take what I can get, this is one of my top films of all time

Yes, this DVD cove ist superior to the Blu-ray Steelbook cover. My problem with the Steelbook cover, ist that the title "Tombstone " cut the guns in two pieces :-(
I hope the gns and the titleas are embossed or debossed with a matt or zero finish.

Further, it would be col, when disney release these Steelbooks in Europe, like Universal and Warner did in the past.