Top 10 DVDs STILL not out on Blu-ray

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay

Chime in below and let us know which DVDs in your collection desperately need a Blu-ray upgrade! :thumbs:

*Killer editing work by the great @Snollygoster.

Attachments

• blu-ray-vs-dvd.jpg
    blu-ray-vs-dvd.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 503

Chime in below and let us know which DVDs in your collection desperately need a Blu-ray upgrade! :thumbs:

*Killer editing work by the great @Snollygoster.

@tridon "I'm Canadian!" "Shaya-maya-ding-dong!" LOL! :rofl: I love it! :woot: Great job @Snollygoster, as always! :notworthy: :cool: :thumbs:

One of the TOP spots for me (for years) was Cheech & Chong Up in Smoke (thank fully this is finally getting released next week!) :drool:
But these following films are still in desperate need of a bluray release!

My picks are:
Selena
Blood in Blood Out
American Me
Beavis and Butthead Do America
True Lies
The Jungle Book (1994)
Half Baked
Death Sentence (US release)
Small Soldiers
Twins

Honorable mentions:
High School High
The Abyss
Cashback
Richie Rich
Heavyweights
Dangerous Minds

Great thread Amigo! :thumbs: Get in here Ninjas (love to know your movie picks and thoughts) @Wreck @digitalbabe @apsmith21 @PunkNinja @rj531 @DADDYCOOL187

Only two on my list - True Lies and The Abyss!

James Cameron, I hear, is booked until the next decade working on sequels to Avatar :(

Oh yes Eight-Legged Freaks too just for the young ScarJo :p

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Hi All,

I would say, for me those are a MUST:
- The Abyss (1989) - BARELY waiting, especially for the 4K UHD version
- K-Pax (2001)
- True Lies (1994) - also 4K UHD version seems to be on the way
- Star Trek Voyager (1995-2001)
- maybe some others that I don't recall now...

Last edited:
@tridon "I'm Canadian!" "Shaya-maya-ding-dong!" LOL! :rofl: I love it! :woot: Great job @Snollygoster, as always! :notworthy: :cool: :thumbs:

One of the TOP spots for me (for years) was Cheech & Chong Up in Smoke (thank fully this is finally getting released next week!) :drool:
But these following films are still in desperate need of a bluray release!

My picks are:
Selena
Blood in Blood Out
American Me
Beavis and Butthead Do America
True Lies
The Jungle Book (1994)
Half Baked
Death Sentence (US release)
Small Soldiers
Twins

Honorable mentions:
High School High
The Abyss
Cashback
Richie Rich
Heavyweights
Dangerous Minds

Great thread Amigo! :thumbs: Get in here Ninjas (love to know your movie picks and thoughts) @Wreck @digitalbabe @apsmith21 @PunkNinja @rj531 @DADDYCOOL187

Glad you enjoyed the video, bud! That's a nice list you have! I love Beavis and Butthead Do America. I always thought that would receive a Blu-ray release after they made their comeback a few years back, but alas... nothing. (n)

Luckily, a lot of your most wanted are Warner titles, so hopefully they receive the Warner Archive treatment soon.

@bloodsnake007
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009IQG5L0/?tag=hidefnin-20 if im not mistaken you can also find in walmart bin for $7.88 or .99 whatever it is. i guess this one is a couple bucks more for "multi format" whether that is DVD or digital , no clue.

I was shocked when Heavyweights was announced for Blu. Same with Camp Nowhere. Maybe there's some hope for those old Hollywood Pictures films on Blu.

Only two on my list - True Lies and The Abyss!

James Cameron, I hear, is booked until the next decade working on sequels to Avatar :(

Oh yes Eight-Legged Freaks too just for the young ScarJo :p

James Cameron recently mentioned both True Lies and The Abyss on Blu-ray. He said he knows everyone wants them and that he knows, and that he's been slowly picking away on them when not busy with Avatar. I'm sure they'll arrive eventually, but likely not for another 5+ years.

Hi All,

I would say, for me those are a MUST:
- The Abyss (1989) - BARELY waiting, especially for the 4K UHD version
- K-Pax (2001)
- True Lies (1994) - also 4K UHD version seems to be on the way
- Star Trek Voyager (1995-2001)
- maybe some others that I don't recall now...

Nice list! I'm afraid you may be waiting forever now for K-PAX since Hollywood doesn't want to touch Kevin Spacey projects anymore.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Nice list! I'm afraid you may be waiting forever now for K-PAX since Hollywood doesn't want to touch Kevin Spacey projects anymore.

That's so sad to hear about K-PAX :( :sorry:
Such a pitty for such a GREAT movie to have to suffer from such things... :( :( :(

Last edited:
  • Thanks
The Abyss
Turk 182!
Warning Sign
Titan A.E
Screamers (1995)
Mission to Mars (only BD release has forced French subtitles)

• Thanks
The Abyss
Turk 182!
Warning Sign
Titan A.E
Screamers (1995)
Mission to Mars (only BD release has forced French subtitles)

I should revisit Mission to Mars now that I'm older. I watched it in the theatre when it came out and to this day, it's the only movie I've ever watched on the big screen where I fell asleep.

nice video, @tridon! :thumbs: yeah, you're right, everyone says The Abyss and True Lies - and i would too! but i am also in that 25% who would like to see The Village on bluray. and i'd especially love to see the two fabulous HBO series of "Carnivale" that i am certain will never happen.

i was going to add Ravenous, but your piece made me look it up and it does exist on bluray and for some reason i didn't know, so that's a result in itself!

@Apollon @C.C. 95 @Flloydo @Mickle_89 @Noodles @zesty, what else we missing? :confused:

nice video, @tridon! :thumbs: yeah, you're right, everyone says The Abyss and True Lies - and i would too! but i am also in that 25% who would like to see The Village on bluray. and i'd especially love to see the two fabulous HBO series of "Carnivale" that i am certain will never happen.

i was going to add Ravenous, but your piece made me look it up and it does exist on bluray and for some reason i didn't know, so that's a result in itself!

@Apollon @C.C. 95 @Flloydo @Mickle_89 @Noodles @zesty, what else we missing? :confused:

Thanks -- glad you enjoyed it! Ravenous kinda had an under-the-radar Blu-ray release. I didn't even realize that it was on Blu until a year or so after its release.

And nice to know another fan of The Village! :thumbs:

Thanks -- glad you enjoyed it! Ravenous kinda had an under-the-radar Blu-ray release. I didn't even realize that it was on Blu until a year or so after its release.

And nice to know another fan of The Village! :thumbs:
Sad to report - I have the RAVENOUS blu ray and the transfer is not good.:(

o.k......SLIGHTLY MORE THAN TEN.....:LOL:
But, I'm annoyed that these are not out yet!

ALIVE
YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES
MOUNTAINS OF THE MOON
SLEUTH (1972)
AFTER HOURS
ALL OF ME
BIRDY
BUGSY
DRAGONSLAYER
EXPLORERS
LOCAL HERO
LET IT RIDE
MULTIPLICITY
NEVER CRY WOLF
NIGHT SHIFT
OSCAR
RACING WITH THE MOON
REVERSAL OF FORTUNE
SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER
SIX DAYS SEVEN NIGHTS
THE GOLDEN CHILD
THE KEEP
THE NAVIGATOR
THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST
THE SAINT
THE SURVIVORS
TOP SECRET!
TRAPPED IN PARADISE
TRUE BELIEVER
TALL TALE
PRIVATE BENJAMIN
JOHNNY DANGEROUSLY
I.Q.
CRIMINAL LAW
D.A.R.Y.L.
AVALON
CRAZY PEOPLE
CATCH-22
FANDANGO
AMERICAN FLYERS
QUICK CHANGE
THE SECRET OF ROAN INISH
PRIMER
NOBODY'S FOOL
KAFKA
DEAD AGAIN
29th STREET
MURDER BY DEATH
STAKEOUT
HEAR MY SONG
EUROPA (Zentropa)
MYSTERY, ALASKA
FAB9E78C-7D25-482F-859B-2343852012B0.png
01F9B355-6884-4E58-9CE3-1D5FF268EC1B.png
52BE9F86-31F0-431A-8C8A-365972C321D9.png
229FA8F0-4540-47E6-BE92-C7235517B713.png

30349EE4-009C-442F-890E-02D5DBA05B66.png
7681BC88-4782-44B7-AF57-529167DD6F42.png
58AE3317-5842-4FF3-B3C6-05F553CE718F.png

I should revisit Mission to Mars now that I'm older. I watched it in the theatre when it came out and to this day, it's the only movie I've ever watched on the big screen where I fell asleep.

I know it's universally panned but it's a real comfort film for me. Can't quite explain it. The fusion of DePalma's fluid direction and Ennio Morricone's score makes it a relaxing film to watch.

• Thanks