UK
Release date: September 12, 2016
Purchase link: Top Gun (live August 14)
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes slipcase.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks nice love the film but have the original play steelbook.

If this is the same as recent US one which it looks like the disc seems to be the same, nothing added other than different steelbook from original.

I be surprised if this is £24.99. I feel under £20. With discount code might budge as I don't have this. Sold my Play.com one for silly money ages ago.

LOL Zavvi going crazy with the slip boxes now.
Here's the conversation at Zavvi after the Snow white and the huntsman released:
"Hey we just added a paper box to the steel thingy and people are willing to pay higher prices!"
"Sweet, let's add paper boxes to all of our steelbooks!"
"What should we put on the boxes?"
"Hmm, I don't know, why don't we put the same thing as the steelbooks?"
"You're a thinker!"
:rofl: Thanks for the laugh.

Film Arena did the same thing just last year, every retailer has to start somewhere.
Except Zavvi is not "starting". They've been in the exclusive game for years. They've already made a name for themselves. They (should) know their industry (customers and competitors).
And FYI, although FA existed since 2009 and were selling Blurays, they didnt get into the exclusive game until last year. (Not an excuse for crappy releases, IMO)

Still, I'll give Zavvi a chance to prove themselves. But, i will not be buying this. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC
LOL Zavvi going crazy with the slip boxes now.
Here's the conversation at Zavvi after the Snow white and the huntsman released:
"Hey we just added a paper box to the steel thingy and people are willing to pay higher prices!"
"Sweet, let's add paper boxes to all of our steelbooks!"
"What should we put on the boxes?"
"Hmm, I don't know, why don't we put the same thing as the steelbooks?"
"You're a thinker!"
Zavvi is a retailer. They don't make steelbooks. They sell them.

I think Zavvi are reluctant to go the FAC route as they may have to charge higher postage for non-UK countries only for them to be ridiculed for discrimination.
Maybe they can go the FAC route, charge UK / EU customers less. Cue on the hate comments. :)

I think Zavvi are reluctant to go the FAC route as they may have to charge higher postage for non-UK countries only for them to be ridiculed for discrimination.
Maybe they can go the FAC route, charge UK / EU customers less. Cue on the hate comments. :)
I pay basically $2.00 for steelbooks shipped from Zavvi UK to the U.S. I don't feel discriminated against.