Toy Story (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: December 23, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around midnight on November 24)
Price: £24.99

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only hope haha. Wouldn't be surprised if they offer me 2%

Hope you're not in the US and they insist on you returning damaged items at your own expense (since they will only refund you 10% of the item cost for return shipping) just to get a refund. I've spent way too much time haggling with their customer service just to get refunded for damages.

Hope you're not in the US and they insist on you returning damaged items at your own expense (since they will only refund you 10% of the item cost for return shipping) just to get a refund. I've spent way too much time haggling with their customer service just to get refunded for damages.

Unfortunately, I do. I always end up just taking store credit cause it costs me way too much to send it back

When Goods are faulty the retailers has to pay for the cost of returning the goods as in standard post cost

Just quote to the retailer your goods purchased are covered under the The Consumer Contracts Regulations which is part of Consumer Rights Directive which came into force 13th June 2014 for goods purchased from a European Union Country Retailer

If Goods Are Faulty
If you receive faulty goods and wish to return them, the Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.

So, if your goods are faulty and don’t do what they're supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same consumer rights under the Consumer Rights Act (which replaces the Sale of Goods Act from 1 October 2015) as you have when buying in store.

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty.

Just because the retailer says they will only cover 10% cost of return you cant reject this
They must cover the cost of return as in standard post cost to send that parcel to them as in example USA standard post and just get proof of posting which is free from a post office

If you choose an expensive method of posting outside of standard post the retailer don't have to cover that they only have to cover the standard post cost
Just get proof of posting and use standard post

Last edited:

Biggest problem here is cheap postage which translates to insufficient packaging. Once Zavvi charges correct postage I am sure they will be able to upgrade their packaging.

When Goods are faulty the retailers has to pay for the cost of returning the goods as in standard post cost

Just quote to the retailer your goods purchased are covered under the The Consumer Contracts Regulations which is part of Consumer Rights Directive which came into force 13th June 2014 for goods purchased from a European Union Country Retailer

If Goods Are Faulty
If you receive faulty goods and wish to return them, the Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.

So, if your goods are faulty and don’t do what they're supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same consumer rights under the Consumer Rights Act (which replaces the Sale of Goods Act from 1 October 2015) as you have when buying in store.

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty.

Just because the retailer says they will only cover 10% cost of return you cant reject this
They must cover the cost of return as in standard post cost to send that parcel to them as in example USA standard post and just get proof of posting which is free from a post office

If you choose an expensive method of posting outside of standard post the retailer don't have to cover that they only have to cover the standard post cost
Just get proof of posting and use standard post

I copied your text on The Consumer Contracts Regulations and will make sure to quote that to Zavvi next time they pull this BS on me! Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
^ Quick unboxing here (not in English) but the images speak for themselves:-

IMO a very decent though plain steelbook . . . a lot nicer without the lenti than with (although the lenti fits well with no real issues) . . . not wild about the darker blue on the steelbook itself vs. the pale blue of the lenti.
In conclusion: The least pleasing/successful of this run of Zavvi lenticular steelbooks . . . without a doubt.

Reactions: tono06
I got lucky I received mine and didn't see any damage on it.....it's a little plain, but I like the steel, the lenti isn't the greatest