Toy Story (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: December 23, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around midnight on November 24)
Price: £24.99

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you own the original i wouldnt bother with this one, The added bonus of a 3D disc and the artwork on the jcard of their feet is not worth the double dip

. . . and if you don't own the original?
(which you may still be lucky enough to find for under GBP 40 nowadays in "New & sealed" condition).

In respect of the the fact that new collectors of steelbooks are coming up all the time, and some are even contributing to the forums, there's got to be a chance for them to pick up the same titles I picked up originally and because of that I haven't got a single bad word to say about re-releases.

Of course if you don't like the U.K. steelbook there are always other options such as this "beauty" from Germany:-
upload_2016-11-22_2-14-23.png

Anyway, here's hoping for a re-consideration of the front artwork - or at least different artwork on the lenticular magnet - and full height lenticulars on all of these upcoming Disney steelbooks.

Last edited:
Thursday... Midnight... Does it mean at the end of Thursday? Or at the beginning?
Thursday 24th 00.00am
After midnight tonight is Thursday
But knowing Zavvi they might have meant Friday 0.00am
I just asked them to clarify as the twitter post just says midnight

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Nikofrance
Updated mock-up showing the frame with the image safely within it so I'm not expecting any problems with the lenticular or any alignment issues . . . looks great to me.
11363628-1154444881276933.jpg

Looks awful to me

How can they even balls this one up is beyond me considering its one colour

The others still have tiny bits of image and colour chnages around the edges but if they mess this one up I will laugh so hard

It will probably be a cloud completely out of sync lol

I agree that it's still not a great design, but at least it's better to have all of Buzz in the frame now. If they make new editions of the second two movies, each with different characters, then they could look okay all lined up together.

Reactions: Flloydo
Looks awful to me

How can they even balls this one up is beyond me considering its one colour

The others still have tiny bits of image and colour chnages around the edges but if they mess this one up I will laugh so hard

It will probably be a cloud completely out of sync lol
Just plug in your iPhone and sync to iCloud :giggle::rofl:

I agree that it's still not a great design, but at least it's better to have all of Buzz in the frame now. If they make new editions of the second two movies, each with different characters, then they could look okay all lined up together.

Actually I do agree it looks better with buzz's arm in frame now but I still can't stand the boring design

Actually I do agree it looks better with buzz's arm in frame now but I still can't stand the boring design
On the positive side, if the whole re-release lenticular wave is this way, with small artwork framed by basically solid color, then the set will have a unified look that might kind of work. On the negative side, it's a boring look. And since the artwork is still being modified, it's clear that the original intention was not to create a unified theme for a new line of steelbooks.

• Thanks