Toy Story (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: December 23, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around midnight on November 24)
Price: £24.99

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought there was room for improvement in the Toy Story steels--but this seems like a step back. :( Because of the lackluster artwork, and the fact that we haven't even seen any of these lenticular reissues in-hand yet, I'm going to wait on this one. I also figure I might as well wait to make sure they're doing the other two before buying the first.

Too bad, because this is a series of steels I'm very interested in. We'll see what happens...

Yah. Sure. Ok. Next year they will release again with 4K. Not buying anything unless it is new to blu-ray or its a premium release. This is not a premium release. A premium release must have a thick slipcover and numbered and most importantly must be shipped with layers of bubble wrap and bigger box.

I just think if they ARE going to do re-releases and people who bought into the first Steelbook Disney line have to sit through this then at least do the releases that were' terrible first time round.

Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Monsters University, Frozen, Zootopia...hell maybe Ratatouille since that artwork was a bit bland.

Yet instead they do Toy Story which I thought had amazing artwork first time round. If you are going to do that then you aim to make the artwork look 10 times better and at least try to lure people in to double dip but here we've gotten a lazy job once again.

Like I said I hate these re-releases when the first Disney collection isn't complete and I don't have a problem people getting the chance to buy them again but not when people are waiting for the others still. However like I've also said if they are going to do it then get the ones which were terrible first time round.

Let it,

It's f*cking ugly and then when peeps get it in hand they can regret it then

Yep and then Disney keep re-releasing them again. So the only way to stop re-releases and poor artwork is don't buy them and then the studios can think why they are not selling.

Yep and then Disney keep re-releasing them again. So the only way to stop re-releases and poor artwork is don't buy them and then the studios can think why they are not selling.

Mate, they will continue this if you buy or not, if it sells out or not. It's Disney and a film studio which they all do most the time anyway.

I've come to terms with this now

Good thing is I'm prefering the originals anyway in regards to art. But I'll wait to see how nemo turns out. That don't look too bad. This and lion king look awful

Mate, they will continue this if you buy or not, if it sells out or not. It's Disney and a film studio which they all do most the time anyway.

I've come to terms with this now

That's because they always sell out so it is an easy safe investment. If no one bought them there will be no re-releases. I don't think they really care what we think. It sells full stop. I remember Wall-e everyone was bitching and moaning about that and sold out at full price. Interesting really.

I've cancelled all my Disney Lenti orders. £19.99 with discount code is the maximum I will pay. At £25 at least give a discount code that works lol

That's because they always sell out so it is an easy safe investment. If no one bought them there will be no re-releases. I don't think they really care what we think. It sells full stop. I remember Wall-e everyone was bitching and moaning about that and sold out at full price. Interesting really.

Loads of the disneys and pixars took a while to sell out anyway. Some over a year. At least 8 were available for free through Disney rewards. It really don't matter how much they sell at pre order because over time they will always go. Even if that takes longer than a year. And Disney will always re release

Disney have always done it DVD and ammrays too and diamond collection and hero and villain slips etc

I was one of thes who also complained about the wall.e and rataoulille art too but in hand they are great. Gloss saved them and decent embossing.
(Although I would prefer ratatouille with proper art)

Guarnatee the marvels get 4K upgrades at some point . Then a whole batch of re re re re re releases again

When is this going to end...are we going redo all previous steelbooks....good grief!

I know, it really is pathetic how they cling to a select group of franchises again and again in a desperate attempt to maximize profits.

The irony is that if they're weren't so rigidly focused on profits and gave us some diversity then they'd probably get more sales. Seriously there's a TON of great titles that haven't even had a sniff of a steelbook.

Loads of the disneys and pixars took a while to sell out anyway. Some over a year. At least 8 were available for free through Disney rewards. It really don't matter how much they sell at pre order because over time they will always go. Even if that takes longer than a year. And Disney will always re release

Disney have always done it DVD and ammrays too and diamond collection and hero and villain slips etc

I was one of thes who also complained about the wall.e and rataoulille art too but in hand they are great. Gloss saved them and decent embossing.
(Although I would prefer ratatouille with proper art)

Guarnatee the marvels get 4K upgrades at some point . Then a whole batch of re re re re re releases again

I think the term we need to rephrase is 'profit' as opposed to how it sells and how long it takes to officially sell out. If they profit they will keep carrying on plus all the other tons of collectible versions.

Milk the collectors before the release of 4K in a few years. Good marketing thought from Disney :wow:

I've cancelled all my pre-order and I'm probably going to skip all Disney Lenti releases, I don't see them coming down in price. Will save the pennies and wait 4KUltra :kiss: