Toy Story 4 (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 21, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Pre-orders around 9 am UK time on June 21)
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £25.99 (3D+2D)

12192375-1224701200844006.jpg

12192375-1034701200658642.jpg12192375-5284701200310171.jpg 12192375-2074701200412228.jpg

12192375-6514682338017882.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Ended up loving the film and the design honestly kinda grew on me, so stuck an order in and it arrived today.

Spot-gloss on the characters. Interior and disc art are nice and colourful, so they clash with the exterior and make it appear even duller.

It's an ok steelbook overall though I guess, but I would've obviously preferred something more vibrant.

Oh, also... it uses one of those disc trays where you just stack the discs on top of each other (one on each side), rather than a slot/holder for each individual disc, which is pretty unusual for a 3-disc steel.

Just daft ...
1571617845579.png
/
1571618223593.png
1571618353327.png

Anyway, the rough and the smooth - UK release ..........................................vs. ............................................................... The Americas .................................................I
(Pics from eBay)
1571617708266.png
/
1571618806881.png

UK J-card:-
1571617759091.png

Ugh why does the UK keep getting shafted on these. Is the new Frozen release going to be the same? If so this is my last Disney steel, its beyond appalling. I suggest we send disney/zavvi a clear message with our wallets by refusing to buy such poor product.

[QUOTE = "Stuc, post: 2280975, membre: 16292"]
Ugh pourquoi le Royaume-Uni continue de se faire avoir. Est-ce que la nouvelle version de Frozen sera la même? Si tel est le cas, c’est mon dernier acier Disney, c’est plus que terrible. Je suggère que nous envoyions un message clair à disney / zavvi avec nos portefeuilles en refusant d’acheter un produit aussi médiocre.
[/CITATION]

Frozen is not a new movie like Toy Story 4. I think it will have the same glossy finish as US, like Toy Story 1 4K. But I agree for Toy Story 4, it looks bad, with no title on the front in addition to...

Mine arrived today

View attachment 451755

Hard to say which is better, full gloss of the USA version or the spot gloss of the ROTW edition? Bit like trying to polish a turd :LOL::rofl:
Silly question, and please don't take it personally, but why did you buy this version if (i'm correct in reading between the lines) you don't like the design of the steelbook?

Yet to see this film (and I really want to!) but if my choices are:

1) the uninspiring, dull steelbook released
2) the more colourful box art used for the standard blu-ray/4K editions
3) stream the film so I can at least say I've seen it
4) wait for a better, WEA steelbook that matches the first three films

then i'd have to put them in order of 4, 3, 2 and 1 - No way in hell i'm paying good money for such a disgracefully designed steelbook...

I loved this film, and it’s amazing that this and the 3rd film are probably the best of the series but I just can’t bring myself to owning this design. Maybe on a huge drop.

I never used skip Disney/ Pixar releases but they are just getting worse now. Feels weird not owning this, dumbo and Ralph Breaks the Internet on release

Reactions: Noodles
Silly question, and please don't take it personally, but why did you buy this version if (i'm correct in reading between the lines) you don't like the design of the steelbook?

Yet to see this film (and I really want to!) but if my choices are:

1) the uninspiring, dull steelbook released
2) the more colourful box art used for the standard blu-ray/4K editions
3) stream the film so I can at least say I've seen it
4) wait for a better, WEA steelbook that matches the first three films

then i'd have to put them in order of 4, 3, 2 and 1 - No way in hell i'm paying good money for such a disgracefully designed steelbook...

I never actually buy WWA Disney steelbooks these days so this is very much a one off and done solely because I don't see a WEA alternative on the way and I own the Zavvi steelbooks for the previous films

All other Disney releases I go with your option 2 (latest example being the 2019 Lion King I received last week)

I never actually buy WWA Disney steelbooks these days so this is very much a one off and done solely because I don't see a WEA alternative on the way and I own the Zavvi steelbooks for the previous films

All other Disney releases I go with your option 2 (latest example being the 2019 Lion King I received last week)
Would be absolutely gutted if we didn’t get a steelbook to match the first three. The collector in me says I need a uniformed set, and the fact this one sticks out like a sore thumb means I can’t go ahead and get it...

I don't see all the fuss, I like the steel-book and although the top had plenty of space for the title it goes nicely with the original others, Not to mention the film is awesome.

8866F20B-FB47-425D-8DC0-989EE0486E46.jpeg
0EF1B96D-E444-408D-B4DF-F41B1CE39B2C.jpeg

Reactions: St4rlord
Much more than with The Americas steelbook - thanks to the particular finish on the UK steel with the shiny figures on bare metal - kind of brings to mind the FAST & FURIOUS 1 - 4 'Pimp My Ride' stickerbook only this time with characters instead of assorted decals:-
1571705963379.png
/
1571706498253.png

I don't see all the fuss, I like the steel-book and although the top had plenty of space for the title it goes nicely with the original others, Not to mention the film is awesome.

View attachment 451808View attachment 451809

It has no title on the front so it instantly don’t go nicely with those original 3.

And a front title don’t bother me but I also own those 3 so I’ll need a similar style for the 4th otherwise it sticks out like a sore thumb just like it does in your picture

Plus the other 3 are embossed and the spines don’t match. Soooooo, Nothing matches lol

Reactions: Dazzler17
It has no title on the front so it instantly don’t go nicely with those original 3.

And a front title don’t bother me but I also own those 3 so I’ll need a similar style for the 4th otherwise it sticks out like a sore thumb just like it does in your picture

Plus the other 3 are embossed and the spines don’t match. Soooooo, Nothing matches lol

The spines don't match up exactly agreed but it still says Toy story 4 so im not fussed. The only gripe i have with this release is the lack of title on the front of the steelbook, Just my opinion but I like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
I didn't know where to post this. Serious stuff.

Holy crap!

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are in Australia and have announced they have the coronavirus.

Also, the U.S. is banning all travel from Europe to the U.S (except the UK) for 30 days starting Friday.

It was serious stuff before Tom Hanks announced that though. I mean.... people have died

Oddly though, no travel restrictions between the U.K. and the US

It was serious stuff before Tom Hanks announced that though. I mean.... people have died

Oddly though, no travel restrictions between the U.K. and the US

I meant serious stuff about the travel ban from Europe lol. Yeah I thought it was odd that the UK wasn't included.

But seriously, restricting travel is what it's going to take. Even if it no more new cases come into (insert any country here) it's going to continue to spread throughout each country before it gets under control.

Reactions: Flloydo

But seriously, restricting travel is what it's going to take. Even if it no more new cases come into (insert any country here) it's going to continue to spread throughout each country before it gets under control.

Yeah of course. Needs to be done. Until the wave of virus dies out.

Anyway, these posts (except the tom Hanks news!) will prob get deleted

Reactions: Stygian