True Grit (G1 Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive)[Canada]

I believe BluRayJunkie has picked up a copy for himself, so I would take what he says as being correct as he's seen it in person. :scat:

my bad then :emb: forgot this came out today in canada didnt it, still G1 though stick with my HMV edition i think. ;)

so has anybody got any pics of this unsealed then??

my bad then :emb: forgot this came out today in canada didnt it, still G1 though stick with my HMV edition i think. ;)

Yeah, out today in Canada. :D

I'm glad I stuck with the German version of this - I thought about cancelling it when I heard about Future Shop having one.

Good thing I didn't. :eek:

Sure True Grit is G1, but I like steelbooks, PERIOD. Size is no issue to me. I don't know how anyone wouldn't want a steelbook like Tangled or Tron from Mexico or Expendables from Canada. If you don't like em with your G2 cases, store em separately. If it wasn't for G1 cases, we probably wouldn't have G2 cases.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

Yep you're right but still it think it's strange

What this tells me is that the studio decided to make the steelbook in the US...I can't believe they STILL only create G1 steelbooks in Ohio.

Seems like we've been saying that forever... :(

Definitely cheaper for them than importing G2 steelbooks from Europe.

I really hate how this is bigger than all the other waves of blu ray steelbooks in canada. Is this because it's paramounts first release? I don't like how it sticks out an inch from the rest of my steelbooks.

I hope this doesn't set a standard.

Last edited:
I really hate how this is bigger than all the other waves of blu ray steelbooks in canada. Is this because it's paramounts first release? I don't like how it sticks out an inch from the rest of my steelbooks.

I hope this doesn't set a standard.

It's really a studio decision. We saw it happen previously with the Expendables, the Rush concert vid - I think if the distributor of the movie thinks they can sell enough of the limited editions in G1 size, they'll probably do it because they get a bigger profit margin going with G1.

Just my 2 cents.