True Romance (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 19, 2021
Purchase links: Steelbook - Deluxe Edition
Price: £29.99 (Steelbook) - £39.99 (Deluxe)

0.jpg5.jpg
4.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, i’ve noticed on the dispatch email that the courier is Hermes - anybody know what they are like?........as in, delivering packages safely/undamaged? Or are they the “throw-the-package-over-the-fence” type?

see that my paypal says 'pending'. no idea what that means

It means you placed an order with Zavvi but you haven't been charged for it yet. Which means the order hasn't been filled and it's not ready to be shipped and possibly never will be.

Same situation I'm in.

Tried to take payment but it was on a card that expired this month. Glad to see they give the option to resolve the issue by inputting an alternate card for payment. Was worried I was going to miss out on this. Hopefully payment goes through soon.

Just wish my old man was still around. He loved this film, and I reckon he would've loved this edition had I gifted it him.

Hermes is not a good sign. They lost 4 packages of mine in the space of a few weeks recently

I just got dispatch for the steelbook even though I got the special edition last Thursday from Zavvi. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Way too hot.... I never get any zavvi packages from Hermes. Always royal mail.

Hermes is not a good sign. They lost 4 packages of mine in the space of a few weeks recently
Yeah, Hermes is about as bad as it gets, lots of parcels go missing and/or get damaged upon arrival.
Oh well,
Most definitely the second option :cautious: sorry to say...

form fails GIF
Oh well, i s’ppose i might as well right this release off, then. Don’t understand why they are using them (Hermes) for this highly anticipated release, when everything else i’ve ordered from them in the past (even expensive stuff like battle royale 4k limited edition) came via normal royal mail.......i don’t get it.

Reactions: Flloydo
I just got dispatch for the steelbook even though I got the special edition last Thursday from Zavvi. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Way too hot.... I never get any zavvi packages from Hermes. Always royal mail.
I missed the deluxe edition and am hoping for a restock. Just wondered what it's like and whether the steel is gloss or matte?

Looks like it was left out in the rain, or something. Hope.......disappearing.......fast!
Does anybody know why Zavvi would use Hermes for this release? As opposed to the usual Royal Mail?
The courier actually handed it to me like that..

Unsure why they are using Hermes unless they've packed it in a bigger box maybe? No doubt the cheaper option for them

Reactions: Vegano
Looks like it was left out in the rain, or something. Hope.......disappearing.......fast!
Does anybody know why Zavvi would use Hermes for this release? As opposed to the usual Royal Mail?
Zavvi has been using Hermes for quite some time but normally on larger items, the last couple of lego sets I've had from Zavvi have been delivered by Hermes and if I'm honest they have been delivered perfectly fine. I've never had a smaller item via them and id only imagine that using Hermes is the cheaper option.

But normally they are known to be shite :wow: I think it comes down to the sorting office and the driver you get. We have the same driver and have not had an issue.

Reactions: Vegano
Or maybe they just hate specific customers.......

Maybe specific customers dislike them for terrible customer service based on extensive personal experience. This would also be a valid opinion.

However, you maybe correct - - as It's also possible they specifically want to damage the soul of @Vegano for unforgivable crimes of which we are unaware. Jury is out on that one.

Reactions: jasong
We have the odd postion where our Hermes lady is really good and thoughtful, however she can't stop what goes on at the sorting offices etc. I have my copy of TR coming today, fingers crossed. :thumbs:

amazon today GIF