True Romance (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 19, 2021
Purchase links: Steelbook - Deluxe Edition
Price: £29.99 (Steelbook) - £39.99 (Deluxe)

0.jpg5.jpg
4.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal proof sheets don't have the actual steelbook finish or embossing etc
It does though list the colour instructions etc details to be used

Example
View attachment 511651

A proof sheet will always look shiny

The metal proof sheet is template they use in the pressing plant to make steelbooks

The type of finish or if any embossing/debossing that will used is added after this using the info on the proof sheet
Thought that was most likely the case. Thanks for confirming, Sir Know-It-All :p

I have been checking my Deluxe order multiple times a day since it switched from "processing" to "order placed".

I checked again today and it finally shows as "processing" again and I noticed that Zavvi has taken payment from my PayPal account.

So.... WOOHOO!!!!!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

I have never had an order cancelled by Zavvi but I really thought this one was dead.

Now if I could just get that dispatched email...

I have been checking my Deluxe order multiple times a day since it switched from "processing" to "order placed".

I checked again today and it finally shows as "processing" again and I noticed that Zavvi has taken payment from my PayPal account.

So.... WOOHOO!!!!!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

I have never had an order cancelled by Zavvi but I really thought this one was dead.

Now if I could just get that dispatched email...

That’s good to hear. You’ve given me hope.

Reactions: Stygian
Emm maybe not so safely as a dent on the back of it :(
I've been going back n fourth in my head wither or not to open mine for the last hour or so and you pic has helped me decide, its getting opened.
I've never had an issue with arrow before, hoping it's all good.

I opened it and its in good nick, I'd give arrow a contact and see if they will maybe send you a replacement mate, shame that happened to you!

I will add, the set is amazing, I love the front and back of the outside box and the steelbook is way better that I was expecting, the extras are nice too. I really hope we get a premium edition of this film as its up in my top 10. I love novas' reservoir dogs FS, I we could just get a slip for this movie done up to that standard I'd buy two

I've been going back n fourth in my head wither or not to open mine for the last hour or so and you pic has helped me decide, its getting opened.
I've never had an issue with arrow before, hoping it's all good.

I opened it and its in good nick, I'd give arrow a contact and see if they will maybe send you a replacement mate, shame that happened to you!

I will add, the set is amazing, I love the front and back of the outside box and the steelbook is way better that I was expecting, the extras are nice too. I really hope we get a premium edition of this film as its up in my top 10. I love novas' reservoir dogs FS, I we could just get a slip for this movie done up to that standard I'd buy two
It's a lovely set I agree .The transfer/extras/packaging is s knockout as well .A pleasant surprise to actually have a premium release in the UK for a change .I have contacted zavvi for the interim and hope fully they can resolve it.Its s good shout to open it asap I open all my steelbooks on the day I receive them now best to appreciate them asap I'm getting a lot more pickier about what I buy now .This title nova media's on the mood for love and mantalabs tenet are 3 of my favourite premiums purchased this year .

Well finally good news today. My order has been dispatched and some kind of HUT tracking number has been provided.
I've never received a tracking number from Zavvi before.

Hopefully this is good news for anybody else still waiting for their order to be processed and shipped.

Well finally good news today. My order has been dispatched and some kind of HUT tracking number has been provided.
I've never received a tracking number from Zavvi before.

Hopefully this is good news for anybody else still waiting for their order to be processed and shipped.
me too. just got that lovely dispatch notification.

tracking link takes me to fedex where it says it's an untracked shipment ?!?

i mean I'm used to their shipments being untracked, but why the link then?

Reactions: Stygian
I'm still waiting for Fedex to collect my parcel from Zavvi :LOL:
4 days now and tracking has no updates
Tracking usually would have updated by now to show Fedex at least received my parcel

My estimated delivery date is tomorrow that's not going to happen :rofl: since it's not even been collected by Fedex yet from Hut warehouse

My previous tracked order willy wonka ultimate collector's edition tracking updated after 2 days

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83 and Stygian
It's a lovely set I agree .The transfer/extras/packaging is s knockout as well .A pleasant surprise to actually have a premium release in the UK for a change .I have contacted zavvi for the interim and hope fully they can resolve it.Its s good shout to open it asap I open all my steelbooks on the day I receive them now best to appreciate them asap I'm getting a lot more pickier about what I buy now .This title nova media's on the mood for love and mantalabs tenet are 3 of my favourite premiums purchased this year .
I had a wee watch of the directors cut last night, I thought the transfer over all was really good, it definitely picked up quality after the title sequence, I also thought the last third or so did a good job of showcasing how good the transfer is, from around the Eliot meet up to the climax of the movie everything really popped.

On a small side note I feel like my life is slightly more complete now that I've seen the "he musta thought it was white boy day" scene in 4K, it was worth the purchase alone XD

I hope zavvi can help you out, they're normally good with issues in my experience. They might offer you a partial refund or send you a replacement, I'd be interested to hear what they offer, good luck man.

damn, I was circling over your possibly cancelled copies like a vulture :(

;) nah kidding, glad it turned out fine
Well you'll get a chance at my copies. I wasn't looking apparently when I purchased my copies and Zavvi had an old credit card on file so I'm screwed. The 1 time I don't pay with Paypal :banghead:
I only noticed it because everyone on here kept talking about there copies not shipping.
They have a valid credit card on file but they chose the one that was expired, fu**ers!

• Wow
Reactions: hatredhorror
Well you'll get a chance at my copies. I wasn't looking apparently when I purchased my copies and Zavvi had an old credit card on file so I'm screwed. The 1 time I don't pay with Paypal :banghead:
I only noticed it because everyone on here kept talking about there copies not shipping.
They have a valid credit card on file but they chose the one that was expired, fu**ers!
Usually you get a payment declined notice and can just enter a new payment method