Mondo Turbo Kid (Chronicles Of The Wasteland) - OST by Le Matos (colored vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Released: December 2, 2015
Purchase: Mondo (Sold out) / Amazon US (regular black) / JPC (regular black)
Price: 35 USD (Mondo) / 38,04 US (Amazon US reg black) / 39,99 EUR (JPC reg black)

Note:
Deluxe 425gsm gatefold sleeve, with insert and obi strip, housing 2x 180 gram vinyl LPs. Available on limited edition Green, Red, and Black tri-color vinyl records. Also available on Black Vinyl limited to 1000 copies on/off pressing

DW045-Hi-Res_Cover_1_1024x1024.jpg

Death Waltz Recording Company is proud to present another contemporary classic from the depths of genre cinema with Quebec-duo Le Matos’ score to acclaimed science fiction picture TURBO KID. A stirring tale of a boy, a girl, and a BMX amidst a post-apocalyptic landscape, the film is a delightful throwback to the teen wish-fulfilment fantasy films of the 1980’s through the prism of modern splatter, complete with a deliciously villainous performance by legendary genre character actor Michael Ironside (SCANNERS, TOTAL RECALL).

Propelling this insanity is an incredible score that cherry picks its influences from the best of electronic film music from the past thirty five years, running the gamut from the inevitable John Carpenter bleedthrough – with some beautifully malevolent atmospheric pieces – to riffing off of the classics of Van Halen all the way through to Modern French electronic music from the like of Daft Punk & Ed Banger Records. TURBO KID is diverse but not disparate; it plays fast and loose but not at the expense of cohesion, so there are moments where you can just lie back and relax to the mesmerising ambience and dream of authentic alien landscapes, or freak out to the best of the 80’s hedonistic synthpop, or let yourself be inhabited by an eerie chill from the evocative electro-goth vocals. TURBO KID – A place beyond your dreams, a record beyond your imagination.

Deluxe 425gsm gatefold sleeve, with insert and obi strip, housing 2x 180 gram vinyl LPs. Available on limited edition Green, Red, and Black tri-color vinyl records. Also available on Black Vinyl.

Tracklist:

Disc 1

Side A
Intro
Wasteland
The Good Plan
No Tomorrow 9feat Pawws)
Kid’s Dream
Our Last Hope

Side B
The Dual
Kid’s Nightmare Pt.1
Highway 64
Like Faith Or Some ****

Disc 2

Side C
Eyes Throat Genitals
Playtime Is Over
Skeleton’s Last Stand

Side D
Last Breath
Tequila Sunrise
The Kid

Mondo announced a re-release of this popular OST for December 2016

Released: December 30, 2016
Purchase: Mondo (sold out)
Price: 35 USD

Note: Pressed on 2X 180g Translucent Red Vinyl, Housed inside a 425gsm gatefold sleeve jacket complete with insert and Obi Strip.

We love Le Matos and was thrilled when we heard the were scoring Turbo Kid. Our double album presentation features 16 tracks from the film chosen and sequenced by the band with many in their original extended versions. The beauty of this is it not only does it feature your favorite cues from the movie, but it flows more like a regular album than your average soundtrack.

Le Matos have alway had an ear for a melody and they have them in spades on Turbo Kid. it’s the kind of electronic album that not only appeals to synths heads but also rock fans, as it has an energy that makes it sound like a live band is playing. Obvious musical cornerstones include '80s synth pop, early Daft Punk and the Ed Banger label as much as Halloween or Blade Runner.

Last edited:
Missed the last reissue so will definitely get this time and possibly my favourite colour variant. Guessing that as it's not announced for this Wednesday, very soon means probably next week hopefully

Same for me. Missed out all previous ones and will try to get this.

I think it's hilarious that you went back and got all those sigs. @apsmith21 I knew you wanted to probably deep down ... who needs sleep right!?

My thoughts exactly. I knew that I desperately needed sleep, but I also knew that was probably a one-in-a-lifetime chance to get those signatures. :thumbs:

Me, the next morning...

ad-huge-mistake.jpg

Yeah, this was Andy at the airport while I was trying to talk to him...

r6Dk8.gif

:LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21