Tyler Stout Chat Thread

Che

Red Viper
Premium Supporter
Sep 7, 2010
Milwaukee
The Tyler Stout Chat Thread.

One of Mondo's finest Artist... Post all Stout goodies here!

Mondothing1.jpg
total-recall-poster-tylerstoutbig.jpg
basterds_stout_regular.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: poncholo
Cool Stuff: Tyler Stout’s ‘Shaun of the Dead’ Poster for Mondo

Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost took Austin, TX by storm this weekend. They rolled into town to present the full Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World’s End) and even came bearing a brand new, mind-blowing Mondo poster. It’s for their 2004 zombie romantic comedy Shaun of the Dead and it’s by the legendary Tyler Stout. No on sale date has been set, but, you can check out both the regular and variant images below.

Shaun of the Dead by Tyler Stout is a 24 x 36 inch screenprint in a regular edition of 710 and variant edition of 300. It’ll likely go on sale sometime in August, probably around the release of The World’s End which is August 23. Follow @MondoNews for a one day warning, and then the exactly on sale time.

If you look closely, at the top of the poster you’ll see Justin Ishmael, Rob Jones and Mitch Putnam, three of Mondo’s creative team, reimagined as zombies. Odds are there are even more easter eggs in this work too, as Stout is a massive fan of the film. For me, while the whole poster looks great, it’s the pint and shot glasses placed over the title that really bring the poster to another level. It’s a simple, yet perfect touch.

Tyler-Stout-Shaun-of-the-Dead-Reg.jpg

Tyler-Stout-Shaun-of-the-Dead-Variant.jpg

:movie:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed drop date Thursday August 22, 2013 & prices from Steven Weintraub of Collider on the twitterverse:

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
Tyler Stout's @mondonews SHAUN OF THE DEAD posters will drop Aug 22. Reg is edition of 710 at $60. Variant edition size is 300 at $110.

:movie:​

Is it normal that we can already find copies on ebay ? ^^

Not normal, but these were sold at the Austin showing of the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy "Blood and Ice Cream trilogy", so some people already have them in hand. Most even got them signed by Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg & Nick Frost as they were in attendance. EEK!

Also, there are some flippers so confident that they take pre-orders before drops even happen. Actually, the ones you see right after a drop are really pre-orders, as it can take 3-4 weeks before they even start shipping from Mondo.

Edit: There were only 75 people at the screening, so if everyone bought one then that leaves 635 regulars for the drop. No variants were sold at the screening.

Reactions: TobinFrost
My fiancé doesn't like Stout very much EEK!

New wife? :p I kid, I kid. My wife thought his work was too chaotic, until I explained that the prints he does are of movies he really loves. He puts little tidbits in his prints that only true fans of the film will recognize. She now looks at his work differently, but still chaotic. :squint:

What's the name your wife gave me? Ugly crayon guy? Bet that changes. :hilarious:

Soooooo you're saying there's a chance??

I sure hope there is a chance of me owning this at cost. :p

I would like my chances if I weren't using an iPad and shotty service in the beach house that day. I'm headed on vacation tomorrow. Odds of me getting this are slimmer now. Thinking if I don't get one I'll buy a Jock SOTD instead.