UK people wanting Multi-Region.... look in!

cooey

Premium Supporter
Jan 5, 2012
UK
I recently upgraded to 3D and bought myself a new 3D player. I then took it to these guys, who for a fee, can mod a lot of Blu-Ray players to become multi-region

http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/

They charge a standard £119 fee (which includes courier collection and delivery) to mod your existing player (or luckily for me they are about a 10 minute drive from my house, so charged £99), or for as low as £149 you can buy a brand new modded Blu-Ray player - List of Players Here

All I have to do now is select via the remote what region I want (1 = A, 2 = B, = C) then turn the player on and I'm good to go.

The guys there are very good and cannot recommend them enough :)

i'll stick to my sony bdps 7200 region b, if i was to bought region free player i would lost all my money on criterion blu-ray's !

;)

Reactions: psychoscot
You're right about that! You would have thought the price would have dropped in line with regular UK blu ray player prices.
So I have some blu's I cannot play because they are so damn expensive [emoji35]
When it comes to multi region the UK is either very expensive or dirt cheap, and by dirt cheap I mean players from brands no one has ever heard of with poor connections and below acceptable picture quality.

Some normal priced machines can have the dvd unlockable with a remote control hack but for bluray it has to be modded and they are all over £100 which is well above the average high street price for the likes of Sony etc.

Hence for the time being I will continue to avoid region locked blurays.

Reactions: bigwednesday0
True but they are top notch and as I said I have had no problems with them and you can go to their site and upload new upgrades without fear of losing your all region ability.

Roger

Reactions: psychoscot
Hi,
I've also been thinking about getting a new player. Is a 3D player worth it with 4K BD around the corner? I have an older Panasonic now but I dont know who makes the 'best' 3D players but understand Panasonic are meant to be good.

I have 2 blu ray players ... 1 is an old lg region 2 model with good picture quality .... and i have 1 of those Toshiba's from richer sounds multi region unlocked with a firmware update ...and the picture quality is not as good as the lg tbh ... unless i need to tweak the settings ..... would definitely need to spend a bit more money for a decent player

i always thought that multi players where done via a code,
why so expensive just to put a code in to make multi region ? or is it that old chestnut we need to place a part in your machine and the part costs £80:naughty:

Hi,
I've also been thinking about getting a new player. Is a 3D player worth it with 4K BD around the corner? I have an older Panasonic now but I dont know who makes the 'best' 3D players but understand Panasonic are meant to be good.
4K BD is supposed to be coming out soon but no knows how expensive it will be. I'm guessing it won't be cheap and there won't be many 4K discs around. I would pick up a blu-ray player for now.:thumbs:

i always thought that multi players where done via a code,
why so expensive just to put a code in to make multi region ? or is it that old chestnut we need to place a part in your machine and the part costs £80:naughty:
I know DVD players were done with codes but I always thought Blu-ray players weren't able to do that. I think they need some kind of modification, I could be wrong though.

4K BD is supposed to be coming out soon but no knows how expensive it will be. I'm guessing it won't be cheap and there won't be many 4K discs around. I would pick up a blu-ray player for now.:thumbs:

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing but dont know what brand to go for specifically, are Panny's best for PQ/AQ? :)

I have a Panasonic SC-BTT465 home cinema system that I bought for £280 from AO ...

It's fantastic when it works fine. But yesterday I tried watching my new zavvi steelbook version of Kingdom of Heaven (region B unmarked disc) and my brand new panny blu ray player said the disc is incompatible. I then checked the firmware etc and it was shipped with the latest firmware released this year in June.

Any chance these guys can region free this and make it play all discs ???

I'm finally looking to get a multi region player, but don't want to spend more than I need to since I'll literally only be using it for my region locked Blus, so I don't really want to be going over £150... which of the cheap players on mrmdvd.com would people recommend I go for? @bigrob @cooey

Reactions: Noodles
Yes mate, just BD. :)

Sony is usually my go-to anyway, but I wasn't sure if the other two cheaper players (Samsung and Panasonic) were just as good for what I need... any particular reason you'd say the Sony one is better?

The one I bought from them is a Sony player and it’s been awesome since day one

Reactions: Noodles
Well, I'm already super impressed with mrmdvd.com - my player arrived first thing this morning (not even 24 hours after ordering), and that was with free delivery selected. Now to set it up and watch my first ever Region A Blu-ray! :D