Underrated Steelbooks - Hidden Gems Or Often Overlooked

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Feel free to post pics too .......

this thread is not about values. I mean its ok to say that you cant believe its not worth more etc. But this thread is meant to highlight Steelbooks that you dont normally hear about. Its about underrated steelbooks in regards to art primarily. The Hidden Gems of the steelbook world. Often at times ones you think are bad ass/look great etc. but you rarely hear any hype of them. Sometimes this is because the movie isnt so good ... but never the less, show them off now and let them get a little attention. :D

I'll post some later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Film was quite dissapointing but this steelbook is an absolute beauty! I personally don't like foreign text, don't mind it on this one tho:

1011454k.jpg

1011455.jpg

Can't wait to read Wreck's suggestions, it's always good to pick up some worthy steelbooks that slipped by.

I hope to take some pics this afternoon.

This is one of my favorite steelbooks and films too...

20110725-202407-B37SK.jpg

However, this actually was one of mine ... this pic above DOES NOT do it justice. Its always cool to get a steelbook in a color not normally done. Sometimes it turns out to be most impressive. This Orange Monsters is AWESOME and another one, tho I wont mention as my recommendation as I dislike the movie but will mention it for others is "Scott Pilgrim UK" the red one. I know the red looks great on it. Fans and owners of that one I bet can agree.

However, this actually was one of mine ... this pic above DOES NOT do it justice. Its always cool to get a steelbook in a color not normally done. Sometimes it turns out to be most impressive. This Orange Monsters is AWESOME and another one, tho I wont mention as my recommendation as I dislike the movie but will mention it for others is "Scott Pilgrim UK" the red one. I know the red looks great on it. Fans and owners of that one I bet can agree.

Bumped the edition-specific thread with this.

monstersv21.jpg

Will also check red Scott Pilgrim one.

Yup, another good one that is often missed and under-rated.

Yes I agree. Tron DE is underrated. Also agree on Fast Five DE.

Another one underrated IMO is Oceans 13 from Canada. Its a stand-out steel book in my collection. The artwork is very fitting to the movie and series. Also clean front/back/inside art make it a complete steelbook. I love the all plain red on the back of the steel.

Pics from our very own site provided by carllenc:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes I agree. Tron DE is underrated. Also agree on Fast Five DE.

Another one underrated IMO is Oceans 13 from Canada. Its a stand-out steel book in my collection. The artwork is very fitting to the movie and series. Also clean front/back/inside art make it a complete steelbook. I love the all plain red on the back of the steel.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Another good one for this thread.

Reactions: Jason Bourne

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
The only issue with it is the fact that two other movies have never been released as steelbooks. Why such strange decision?

The only issue with it is the fact that two other movies have never been released as steelbooks. Why such strange decision?

yeah I dunno. Its kind of like how Blade I & II just came out on steel but nothing for Blade III. The do this strange stuff from time to time. I wish they would release Oceans 11 & 12.

I agree

I agree as a steelbook its totally underated .. clean black steelie , embossed , great art
pity that the special features are all in german .. no english audio option.. the movie plays fine though
SCREAM 4/SCRE4M German steelbook is by far the best quality and great looking underrated steelbook...

Great artwork
Amazing finish (glossy and ultra-glossy contrast)
Great inside art
Great discs with different menus to UK
(FSK logo is a sticker) :D

Actually cant believe its on amazon.de for 10 Euros...

I think the German Paranormal Activity 3 doesn't get as much love as it should. A really unique and imaginative design, one I bought purely for the artwork.

Very good call. PA3 is a beautiful steel and very cleverly done too!

Love this thread! although it does make you think of opening up more of your steelbooks, right? rip that plastic and see those inside and back artwork! ;-)
made me what to open my V and Transporter 3...maybe if I get a second copy! hahaha!

IMO Tinker Tailor seems a not so loved steel

Beautiful steelbook and one of my favourites this year:

1021263.jpg

1021264.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Just thought about the first press of german Public Enemies.....can't compare with the Future Shop one but with the debossed title and nice inside art its a great steelbook (shame about the text on the back tho):

1019918.jpg

1019919.jpg