Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 27, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £29.99 - £41.99 - £25

91cWOPWHFnL._SY445_.jpg

81TAwSTbWNL._SL1500_.jpgA11iGwW90CL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
At £30 :cautious: I might just join the group buy for the US edition

US buyers pay 28.07 to import a single copy Vs 29.99 for UK buyers. :(

Items: £24.99
Postage & Packing: £3.08
Total before VAT: £28.07
VAT: £0.00
Order Total: £28.07

----------------

If I want to import WW 4K + 2D Amaray Blu-ray which is priced $29.96 at Amazon.com, here is what it will cost us:

Items: GBP 23.68
Shipping & handling: GBP 5.51
Total before tax: GBP 29.19
Estimated tax to be collected: GBP 0.00
Import Fees Deposit GBP 5.84
Order total: GBP 35.03

Items: USD 29.96
Shipping & handling: USD 6.98
Total before tax: USD 36.94
Estimated tax to be collected: USD 0.00
Import Fees Deposit USD 7.39
Order total: USD 44.33

===================

So overall it is cheaper for importers to buy this Steelbook. Thanks to rip-off Britan. :angry:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: HornyRhino
Profiting for $50m or even $100m is hardly anything for production studios as there are hidden costs incurred which is not reflected in the production budget.
I'm under the impression these estimated budgets dont include marketing. Their budgets will be much higher if they included that.

US buyers pay 28.07 to import a single copy Vs 29.99 for UK buyers. :(

Items: £24.99
Postage & Packing: £3.08
Total before VAT: £28.07
VAT: £0.00
Order Total: £28.07

----------------

If I want to import WW 4K + 2D Amaray Blu-ray which is priced $29.96 at Amazon.com, here is what it will cost us:

Items: GBP 23.68
Shipping & handling: GBP 5.51
Total before tax: GBP 29.19
Estimated tax to be collected: GBP 0.00
Import Fees Deposit GBP 5.84
Order total: GBP 35.03

Items: USD 29.96
Shipping & handling: USD 6.98
Total before tax: USD 36.94
Estimated tax to be collected: USD 0.00
Import Fees Deposit USD 7.39
Order total: USD 44.33

===================

So overall it is cheaper for importers to buy this Steelbook. Thanks to rip-off Britan. :angry:

So when you moving?

I got a press release for this today .... interestingly enough, the press release is ONLY for the steelbook and it claims to have a Lenticular sleeve. This was a UK press release.

So unless that small nugget was not edited out from a reg version, then it rightly appears that this will have a lenticular sleeve. fyi.

I got a press release for this today .... interestingly enough, the press release is ONLY for the steelbook and it claims to have a Lenticular sleeve. This was a UK press release.

So unless that small nugget was not edited out from a reg version, then it rightly appears that this will have a lenticular sleeve. fyi.

Interesting

That'll be the icing on the cake if it does!

the uk slip is lenticular .... so i wonder if just they forgot to take out that lil line in the press release.

valerian-3d-lenti-uk_2-jpg.338917

Oh it's a slip cover for the amaray! I thought you meant the steel comes with a lenti slip. Thought that was too good to be true

as much as I loathe ameray's when there is a steelbook option...I think for cost and preferance of artwork I may join the ameray/lenti club thi time.