Venom (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

huggy2k4

Premium Supporter
Jun 8, 2012
Hull, England
Release date: February 4, 2019
Purchase links: HMV - Zoom - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £29.99
Note: Limited Edition 4K Ultra HD Steelbook includes 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and additional Blu-ray Bonus Disc

01-468017.jpg

02-468017.png
02-468017.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, before you curse their names and refuse to buy the 2D - keep in mind that some films rush the 3D conversion as an afterthought- and the 3D isn't even good enough to warrant a release in 3D. I'm not talking about the backalley German Macbook pro 3D conversions that give you a migraine - but some "afterthought" conversions are so mild that the 3D isn't even noticeable.
If it's good 3D, I want a blu ray. But if it's a terrible 3D job, I don't care if it gets a 3D blu ray.

Fair point, but I would rather have the option and decide myself. Take MI Fallout, 3D was excellent, but no 3D blu-ray available

hey everyone, just bumping this thread for a moment. @Wreck has been in contact with member @JoMaSanRa who has access to printing presses and is able to create high quality custom slipcovers for your steelbook editions.

@Wreck has brought two group buys for Venom -

USA members - this group buy includes shipping to the USA.
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...om-venom-fullslip-direct-shipping-to-usa.687/

UK (and other) members this group buy includes just the slipcover (shipping to be invoiced later)
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/resources/open-custom-venom-fullslip.688/

HMV have listed as sold out

All pre order items on HMV website is now listed as sold out

HMV not taking any pre orders at the moment

Only in stock items can be ordered on-line

Question...

Putting the WEA's and Zavvi design aside, and knowing that I wanted to skip Weet...

As we don't know what will happen with this release from HMV now, where is the best similar and cheapest alternative in securing a copy of this design... like for like steelbook only that is?

Sign up to the ZOOM newsletter which I've done for every order I've placed with them and you get sent a code for 10% off if anyone's interested

Well, I've cancelled my HMV order and gone with Zoom.

I'd like to support HMV, but I'm not risking missing a title I'm after while they get themselves sorted. Hopefully everything will be resolved soon and Fantastic Beasts and Aquaman will be theirs to sell.

wondering if hmv will have access to this now as first out since the adminstration see if the studios are giving up any new stock.
as out in 2 weeks in time we will have or answer. i hope they do.

there was supposed to be a few intrested parties a while back for closed bids by a certain date
oh god mike ashley intrested have a read and maybe a merger with game digital
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...ands-six-months-free-rent-HMVs-landlords.html

basil :thumbs:

Item seems to have disappeared from zoom?
That's likely to them selling out their stock allocation , listings vanish from their website sometimes when this happens

Zavvi goes live at noon today

If HMV not taken out of administration existing HMV pre order stock as in orders already done will be given to Zavvi/Zoom before or after release date

Free Delivery is now active on this release with Zavvi

Usual 10% discount link and code working at the moment but might not be later

Cancelled HMV and stuck a order in with zavvi.

With the code the 4K version works out 99p more than the full price 2D zavvi exclusive (red art). Not bad and this has better art

Although I still have that on order and need to cancel

Cancelled HMV and stuck a order in with zavvi.

With the code the 4K version works out 99p more than the full price 2D zavvi exclusive (red art). Not bad and this has better art

Although I still have that on order and need to cancel

What code?