WandaVision (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive MCP-004) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 27, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on July 27, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $87.98 (Box Set) - $36.99 (Full Slip) - $37.99 (Double Lenti)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 800 Sets, Numbered 1-800. Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1250 copies, Numbered 1-1250. Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1250 copies, Numbered 1-1250. 1 x 3D Lenticular, 1 x Flip Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Folder, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

Wandervision_OverallPackshot_OC_2000x.jpgWandervision_OverallPackshot_FS_5000x.jpgWandervision_OverallPackshot_DLS_5000x.jpg

Last edited:
Shame the front isn’t transitional but the back does look good changing like that tbf.
Yeah the back of the lenti transitional effect is pretty cool but lenti itself looks pretty poor. The house in the background is so blurry.
The full slip is also pretty boring.

Overall, just.....meh!

Ha, lenti front sucks, the back is interesting, but they're all inherently blocky and blurry, so I'm glad I bought the FS.
Only I don't know what I'll do with two steelbooks now. Maybe put 1 disc in one, and the other... nah, it's stupid.

Those with SL can now put the studio steelbook inside and not have repeated art though...

Reactions: yeslek
FS looks pretty good qualitywise.. also the embossed scanlines on the back are pretty cool.. i think thats the best "side" out of the slips, and with a title you may as well pretend its the front

The rear transition on the DL is actually quite cool, but what a disappointment that front is. Ffs. Was really hoping that was transitioning side to side. Not happy. I don't prefer the FS, kinda wish I hadn't bothered. May just sell it on. Manta are slipping.

It's very slight. I'm not saying that's that's the full effect of the lenti, the poster obviously took it near head on to replicate the actual image. There's just slightly more b&w on vis around the top of his tie and face, than in the BS. That could easily be the angle, or just a difference between print and actual, but I'm hoping it's the edge of the transition. Waiting on a video.
Thanks.

And same on the video point...I think I want a copy but am not 100%

Edit; and as if by magic a video was posted lol.

I see what was pointed out on the transition now I've seen it in motion....wow its subtle and the use of it on the steel...am still tempted but not sold on it. May just get the local standard steel as in the long run it would save me £20 at a minimum guess.
Just means I'm locking myself into all local copies of the shows (uniformity and such....am either premium or not)
The rear lenti though... probably would have made all the difference if that were the front instead. Then the reused artwork wouldn't be as offence

Last edited:
Reactions: samdavies
Thanks.

And same on the video point...I think I want a copy but am not 100%

Edit; and as if by magic a video was posted lol.

I see what was pointed out on the transition now I've seen it in motion....wow its subtle and the use of it on the steel...am still tempted but not sold on it. May just get the local standard steel as in the long run it would save me £20 at a minimum guess.
Just means I'm locking myself into all local copies of the shows (uniformity and such....am either premium or not)
The rear lenti though... probably would have made all the difference if that were the front instead. Then the reused artwork wouldn't be as offence
Yup, I'm not very impressed tbh. The rear has a full and pretty interesting transition, unfortunately the front doesn't get it :(

Very meh release, one Manta should have just avoided altogether

Shame as their Doctor Strange is really nice in hand

Not really. Would of liked it but the depth and the lenti in general look great
It doesn't look like a bad slip, just another missed opportunity. I guess we now know for sure if manta don't specify front/back lenti effect, the front is listed first, and the rear second.

The back of the DL looks cool. It's hard to get a sense of the front without having it in hand. But I ordered a FS anyway, which looks fine to me based on that video.

That said, once I have the standard steelbook release in hand then I'll make a decision about whether I want to keep this set.

I think a lot of people are talking sh!t imo. I like the strange DL but this looks much better and brighter

Anyway mine arrives tomorrow so I’ll see for myself. The people who don’t like it seem to be people who’s tastes I’m not a fan of anyway so it says it all

I think a lot of people are talking sh!t imo. I like the strange DL but this looks much better and brighter

Anyway mine arrives tomorrow so I’ll see for myself. The people who don’t like it seem to be people who’s tastes I’m not a fan of anyway so it says it all
it looks good, it just kinda adds nothing to the edition without the transition effect.. its the exact same art as the steel... but if youre fine with that, then nothings wrong with it

it looks good, it just kinda adds nothing to the edition without the transition effect.. its the exact same art as the steel... but if youre fine with that, then nothings wrong with it
Of course I'm fine with it. Otherwise I wouldn’t of gone for it. Granted I thought the front would transition but the lenti looks good in the vid. However I do regret not one clicking. Maybe I’ll pick you the FS at a later date

Reactions: hatredhorror
Of course I'm fine with it. Otherwise I wouldn’t of gone for it. Granted I thought the front would transition but the lenti looks good in the vid. However I do regret not one clicking. Maybe I’ll pick you the FS at a later date
You don't like Filmarena lentis but you like this?

This looks pixelly AF!

Reactions: Lenny Nero

Just think in comparison with DS, DS has a better box, better FS (well the Comic Slip), nicer steel and personally I prefer the 1/4 slip and lenti magnet combo over Wandavision's DL that's a bit lazy