WandaVision (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive MCP-004) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 27, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on July 27, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $87.98 (Box Set) - $36.99 (Full Slip) - $37.99 (Double Lenti)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 800 Sets, Numbered 1-800. Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1250 copies, Numbered 1-1250. Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1250 copies, Numbered 1-1250. 1 x 3D Lenticular, 1 x Flip Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Folder, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

Wandervision_OverallPackshot_OC_2000x.jpgWandervision_OverallPackshot_FS_5000x.jpgWandervision_OverallPackshot_DLS_5000x.jpg

Last edited:
Restocks always go up with the next PO.
However, unsold stock of the "The Batman" only went up with "The Flash", i.e. there were other pre-orders inbetween where "The Batman" was not yet available. What I am trying to say is: If WandaVision won't become available with whatever is the next PO at Collectong, don't give up hope. Also I am fairly certain they will have a decent amount of copies left over / available again, because of the whole discs availability situation and peope not purchasing.
So yes they do but we just dont know which pre-order will have restocks, so best to check them all.
Got it, thanks for confirming :)

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I know my opinion about these discless releases was already pretty clear but to get a complete ML set (including discs) collectors have to buy a separate release (even amaray) and then still have to open up the ML set to add them. Call me OCD'LE-Extreme, even ol' scool collector, but I still cannot get my head around this. I might just have to learn to deal with it ;)
No, you're as old as me (1977, unless that means something else ;) ) and my brain can't process that either.
I mean, it's a film... so where is it?
"It's a premium package you can put your edition in". Oh, ok, what if I'm one of those collectors who don't open editions? "Well, in that case it doesn't matter whether it has discs or not. Your entire collection might be discless without you knowing it".
Then I normally get a headache and stop arguing with myself.

• Friendly
Reactions: larson1977
So yeah... this disc-less package thing is basically (to a 61 year old like me) similar in concept to those old sticker albums where you buy a fancy album and then add your own stickers and cards of ships or birds or whatever... when they are released or when you get them at a gas station as a loyalty perk after fill up. That's really old school. I can see pluses and minuses of this. I'm not wholly against this disc-less concept as I've been doing this for 2 decades anyway.... buying really nice foreign packaging, chucking the non region DVD.. and then adding my own upgrade bluray etc.

Oh, ok, what if I'm one of those collectors who don't open editions? "Well, in that case it doesn't matter whether it has discs or not. Your entire collection might be discless without you knowing it".
Then I normally get a headache and stop arguing with myself.
Schrödinger's blu-ray.

• Haha
Reactions: Felix_ro and Mokum
So yeah... this disc-less package thing is basically (to a 61 year old like me) similar in concept to those old sticker albums where you buy a fancy album and then add your own stickers and cards of ships or birds or whatever... when they are released or when you get them at a gas station as a loyalty perk after fill up. That's really old school. I can see pluses and minuses of this. I'm not wholly against this disc-less concept as I've been doing this for 2 decades anyway.... buying really nice foreign packaging, chucking the non region DVD.. and then adding my own upgrade bluray etc.
Thanks now I wanna go and buy some stickers

• Haha
Reactions: Felix_ro
So yeah... this disc-less package thing is basically (to a 61 year old like me) similar in concept to those old sticker albums where you buy a fancy album and then add your own stickers and cards of ships or birds or whatever...
Like the UK Topps stuff we still get for the Premier League football each year (takes me back just seeing them in stores)

DL arrived in the U.K. today. Looking forward to seeing how the lenti turns out

So how's the lenti, what changes?
Well judging from the above, it looks like it's b&w wandavision characters transitioning to colour wanda and vision, which is exactly what I was banking on.

There's slight more b&q info in the in hand shot, you can see the top of his tie for example. Hopefully have a quick video shortly to confirm. Mine's due for delivery today, but unfortunately I'm not home until Thursday :squint:

I must be going blind as I don't see much difference in transition...just the same image from different angles (looks great for the 3d lenti effect mind, don't get me wrong)
It's very slight. I'm not saying that's that's the full effect of the lenti, the poster obviously took it near head on to replicate the actual image. There's just slightly more b&w on vis around the top of his tie and face, than in the BS. That could easily be the angle, or just a difference between print and actual, but I'm hoping it's the edge of the transition. Waiting on a video.

Reactions: yeslek
Shame the front isn’t transitional but the back does look good changing like that tbf.