War for the Planet of the Apes (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #62) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: 2018-01-16
(Pre-order date : 2017-01-05 (Korea time:14:00)
Purchase link: Fullslip Lenticular Oneclick
Price: $40.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey One click - Full Slip - Lenticular

Notes:

Total Print : 1,800 copies
Fullslip Ediiton : 850 copies
Lenticular Edition : 950 copies

Fullslip
26114141_2210103009216904_8829827526219071334_n.jpg

Lenticularslip
26169118_2210103052550233_7511326874825120989_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Radagast
Kimchi dont normally release images of the slips prior to release, has this not been selling well?

Kimchi dont normally release images of the slips prior to release, has this not been selling well?

They do every now and again, just not for every release.

And no, this has not been selling well (I said right back that it wouldn't).

Why are you surprised that it's not selling well?
There are 2 infinitely better WEA steelbooks.

Why would anyone pay 55$ for this shite steelbook. (No matter how good the slips.)

There is no 4K disc in the Kimchi package for 13 GBP extra. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Interesting. I'm not exactly sure why i assumed Kimchi release had 4K :confused: My mistake.
May be I was looking at the FA page and replied here thinking it's that thread?

Got mine today. Super fast shipping. Lenti looks fantastic as expected and the fullslip has the same type of texture as bladerunner with the apes fur and such. Great release all around

• Helpful Post
Thin slips, crap steelbooks. Time for Kimchi to close their doors or think of a new strategy.

I am feeling your point. Kimchi has gone in a very interesting direction with their slips. They're basically the only premium retailer remaining to offer O'ring lenticulars and bookless (and therefore thinner) fullslips on their WWA dress ups.

They still kick ass with WEA, but they don't do much of that lately.

HDZeta and Blufans consistently give us incredible packages and are absolutely top of the pack right now. Period.

Manta Lab is doing well, but need to sort out their QC issues very badly.

FilmArena and NovaMedia deliver occasionally but less reliably.

Plain Archive damn near disappeared into the art-house world of film.

KimchiDVD is falling behind by a long shot. (and it's time for a name change - overdue actually)

Personally, I see no reason to buy this edition. Right now, Manta Lab is the winner for WFTPOTA with FilmArena close behind.

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
Thin slips, crap steelbooks. Time for Kimchi to close their doors or think of a new strategy.

Considering 99% of their releases sell out (whether it’s WWA or WEA) I highly doubt they will change their strategy as it works for them.

• Thanks