War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 13) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: January 19, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order December 22 at 8 PM - HKT, UTC+8)
Price: $46.99 (Full Slip - Double Lenti) - $45.99 (Lenti) - $145.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: Hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Lenti - Full Slip

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
[ME#13] War For The Planet of The Apes Steelbook Pre-order Announcement - www.mantalab.comDear Customers,
Thanks for joining our Anniversary Sale and Giveway Event. We should have been more prepared for both but we are very sorry. The shipping has been delayed significantly compared to our normal status and we feel sorry about this as well. We will prepare better next year. Today, we are announcing our last pre-order of 2017. War For The Planet of The Apes is our 13th exclusive and first of the trilogy we are planning to finish in 2018. As we've announced, "Rise" is under design and we hope to introduce it soon. Please look below for more details.

1. Pre-order Date: 8PM, December 22nd, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: January 19th, 2017
3. Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)
(Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click)
*Full Slip(2D+4KUHD)($46.99): 200 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip(2D+3D)($45.99): 300 Units
*Double Lenticular Full Slip($46.99) : 300 Units
*One Click ($145.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
4. Goodies
- Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker
5. Effects
- Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing + Spot Foil
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Full Slip + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High Quality Full Slip + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Fully Grained Black Faux Leatther Box with Red Foil Hot Stamping

Please check our website for more information on our website
www.mantalab.com
Thank you!
Best regards,
Manta Lab

Last edited by a moderator:
I have filled in the form that I object and went to the customs office to personally hand it over. I have also provided some additional screenshots of the MantaLab website. They are now starting an formal investigation, done by another party and I will hear the results.

Today my wife called the headoffice of customs in Frankfurt of what is going to happen now (and ask for some advice).
When the package entered Germany it’s marked as suspicious. It was then shipped to our local customs office where I needed to open it. The customs guy thinks it’s a fake. The documents I provided were not convincing the opposite. By “thinking” it it’s needs to be officially investigated. A 3rd party is doing that. The local customs office will accept the outcome.
If the outcome is it’s a forgery it will be destroyed and I will get a fine for importing fake goods. If it’s legite, I can take it with me after paying the normal customs fee.

The reason why it’s intercepted in the first place (just a random action) is because in general 80-90% is fake coming out of Hong Kong (headoffice of customs said that). The marked value on the package isn’t looked at.

So far the news on my side (@Aniv)

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Radagast and Aniv
@Butz2k still waiting for the shipping payment for this release :) Could you please check the shipping invoice message and complete the necessary steps so it can be sent out.

@apsmith21
hi, sorry i messaged a while ago and didnt realise u had replied. I did try and ask u as soon as the order was placed if i could cancel the order as i wanted the FA version not this one and ordered by mistake. I dont know anyone else that will buy it off me in USA as im not from there so i guess the only thing left to do is just pay u postage and try re-sell on ebay. Sorry if i messed u about. Could i just ask though, why is @apsmith21 tagged? I payed him shipping already?

Last edited:
hi, sorry i messaged a while ago and didnt realise u had replied. I did try and ask u as soon as the order was placed if i could cancel the order as i wanted the FA version not this one and ordered by mistake. I dont know anyone else that will buy it off me in USA as im not from there so i guess the only thing left to do is just pay u postage and try re-sell on ebay. Sorry if i messed u about. Could i just ask though, why is @apsmith21 tagged? I payed him shipping already?

@apsmith21 is tagged because he is an Administrator. The retailer can only hold packages for X amount of days and then they have to send it out. You messaged me long after the preorder had closed and the retailer was paid for the merchandise. They still have it with them so if you want few more days we can change the shipping address to somebody else; Doesn't have to be US (anywhere worldwide). The product is in Hong Kong right now so its best if you find someone to take it if you don't want it.

Also no worries about messing me around, it's your money and merchandise that is on hold; I just want to get it to you asap before they say its lost as technically they don't hold orders for me for that long. Did you try posting in the sales/trade option and selling it at Group Buy cost?

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
@apsmith21 is tagged because he is an Administrator. The retailer can only hold packages for X amount of days and then they have to send it out. You messaged me long after the preorder had closed and the retailer was paid for the merchandise. They still have it with them so if you want few more days we can change the shipping address to somebody else; Doesn't have to be US (anywhere worldwide). The product is in Hong Kong right now so its best if you find someone to take it if you don't want it.

Also no worries about messing me around, it's your money and merchandise that is on hold; I just want to get it to you asap before they say its lost as technically they don't hold orders for me for that long. Did you try posting in the sales/trade option and selling it at Group Buy cost?
Ive sent payment now, sorry about that. Will just have to be careful in future not to add myself to the wrong GB lol. Thanks

I just bought one on eBay, no defect shown on the pictures, and but here is what I got

20180416_121723.jpg 20180416_121736.jpg 20180416_121815.jpg

If you own this edition, it means you are a collector yourself so you should know these are important when you are selling (in this case, especially the marks on Caesar's face, above and under his eye)

Reactions: ChrisPatt
Reactions: ChrisPatt
Yeah it's a tough one. I see completely where you are coming from but do you think if you had to log a dispute for it eBay would find in the buyers favour as it's technically the wrapping that's torn and not the actual item.

Obviously part of limited collectables is about them being sealed.

That said, eBay always finds in favour of the buyer regardless so if you had to go that route, I expect you'd be fine.

@Bungral it's not only the wrapping, there are holes on the shrink wrap, and the fullslip is actually damaged. If I had to guess, I would say these were caused by someone pressing the fullslip with long nails.

@Bungral it's not only the wrapping, there are holes on the shrink wrap, and the fullslip is actually damaged. If I had to guess, I would say these were caused by someone pressing the fullslip with long nails.

The shrink wrap is what I meant when I said wrapping.

If it's gone through to the actual slip then you're all set if you wanted to return it for a refund.