May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: June 2, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $39.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1582913628067.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Group buy posted, shipping as always is extra above this cost.

@GeoRattray @MrSquifler

Great, I'm kinda new to this. How do we proceed?

Great, I'm kinda new to this. How do we proceed?

This will help

So you have to go and read a bunch of comics (like it's just that easy!) for this to make any sense.....? :squint:

Sounds like too much work and effort (unless somebody wants to send me said comics for free!! :p )

That's probably why the trailers for this show looked daft and made me not want to bother with it!

I'll stick with Snyders movie for now then.

Would it not have made more sense to have tied it in with that instead as most physical media buying people are geared more towards movies than comics?

Reading is fun, specially books.

So you have to go and read a bunch of comics (like it's just that easy!) for this to make any sense.....? :squint:

Sounds like too much work and effort (unless somebody wants to send me said comics for free!! :p )

That's probably why the trailers for this show looked daft and made me not want to bother with it!

I'll stick with Snyders movie for now then.

Would it not have made more sense to have tied it in with that instead as most physical media buying people are geared more towards movies than comics?

This is possibly the most revered comic book ever (perhaps tying with the more visual The Dark Knight Returns ) and the one that really demonstrated that the medium does not have to restrict the quality of the writing or depth of the story being told. It's why I really like Snyder's adaptation as it took a grown up approach to a comic book that eschewed the "for kids" bullshit and he really nailed his visual story-telling style on it.

For the show, which I cannot praise high enough, it really is worth the effort of getting a copy of the collected comics in a graphic novel format and giving it a read and then watching the show after. Everything, from the soundtrack, the cinematography, acting and the way the writers weave their own storylines into the fabric of a complex source material whilst remaining 100% in the Watchmen universe, just blew me away.

This is possibly the most revered comic book ever (perhaps tying with the more visual The Dark Knight Returns ) and the one that really demonstrated that the medium does not have to restrict the quality of the writing or depth of the story being told. It's why I really like Snyder's adaptation as it took a grown up approach to a comic book that eschewed the "for kids" bullshit and he really nailed his visual story-telling style on it.

For the show, which I cannot praise high enough, it really is worth the effort of getting a copy of the collected comics in a graphic novel format and giving it a read and then watching the show after. Everything, from the soundtrack, the cinematography, acting and the way the writers weave their own storylines into the fabric of a complex source material whilst remaining 100% in the Watchmen universe, just blew me away.

Well said.

Reactions: MrSquifler
well i can think of some shows but i meant since there wont be more seasons on this show you wont get stuck with one or 2 seasons and then they don do the rest,,,looking at Spartacus of example.........

well i can think of some shows but i meant since there wont be more seasons on this show you wont get stuck with one or 2 seasons and then they don do the rest,,,looking at Spartacus of example.........
I can think of some HBO shows and TWD. But not much else.

The BBC occasionally do it, but with Luther and Peaky Blinders they only bothered with the first season. American Gods had it only for the first season, too. We'll see if they bother to do it with His Dark Materials season 2.

I'm waiting for HBO's steelbook for Westworld season 3.