Waterworld (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on September 19 at 12 PM for Red Carpet , at 6 PM general release - UK Time)
Price: £24.99

12697951-1194801054379547.jpg

12697951-7074801054518078.jpg
12697951-2054801054562919.jpg

12697951-1174801054472430.jpg
/SPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
That actually looks pretty nice. I dig it!
Needs to be gloss though.

But there is one thing that bothers an OCD guy like me.
The flare dive should be on the side with the boat, not the atoll.

That actually looks pretty nice. I dig it!
Needs to be gloss though.

But there is one thing that bothers an OCD guy like me.
The flare dive should be on the side with the boat, not the atoll.
Tbf the boat is also on the front, so it totally makes sense. :rofl:

I actually love the artwork... almost as much as I love the film, which I've never understood the hate for. Wanted a nice steelbook for the longest time, but then Arrow came out with their stunning set which more than satisfied my need for one. However, no way I can resist it now one exists! Only criticism I have is that it's screaming for a title on the front due to all the empty space, but I can live with that. I just pray it's glossy!
Absolutely anything to add.

Seen someone on fb had delivery of this already :wow: it was just a sealed photo though, I've asked for a comment on the finish if/when he opens it. Hopefully glossy!

Woke up to a dispatch email then received it through the post a few hours later lol. Matte finish unfortunately, but I love the wraparound artwork and am happy to finally have a steel for such an entertaining movie. :D

Yes, received mine earlier, like others would have pop'd if another finish rather than matte, but great movie in steelbook, they'll get this right on the v9 iteration so just hold on that one day a better finish will be out there.

Currently, here and now, one to own IMO :thumbs:

Mine came earlier, reasonably happy with it, and since I've sold my 4k amaray (and the US steel isnt worth the import cost) I'll be keeping it. Finish is poor though, was gloss really so much to ask for!? :(

Can't say the same for oblivion though, whilst the same finish it somehow looks worse and streaky to my eyes. Tempted to send it back. Such a shame though because that is a great design and they did atleast fix the wrap-around misalignment vs the mockup.

Using these 2 as a reference, this does not bode well for the uk release of casper. Can just see the awful streaky black finish now :ugh: glad i opted to wait for pics instead of preordering that one.

Reactions: Noodles
Mine came earlier, reasonably happy with it, and since I've sold my 4k amaray (and the US steel isnt worth the import cost) I'll be keeping it. Finish is poor though, was gloss really so much to ask for!? :(

Can't say the same for oblivion though, whilst the same finish it somehow looks worse and streaky to my eyes. Tempted to send it back. Such a shame though because that is a great design and they did atleast fix the wrap-around misalignment vs the mockup.

Using these 2 as a reference, this does not bode well for the uk release of casper. Can just see the awful streaky black finish now :ugh: glad i opted to wait for pics instead of preordering that one.

Yes, gloss is always too much to ask for.

I'm kidding. You can ask for gloss. You can also ask for a million dollars. Same result.

• Haha
Reactions: samdavies
Yes, gloss is always too much to ask for.

I'm kidding. You can ask for gloss. You can also ask for a million dollars. Same result.
I laugh, but it is a sad sate of things when a thin ****** layer of matte like this is deemed acceptable. These 2 make typical finishes look premium in comparison..

Reactions: Stygian