Welcome to the new 'Arrow Video' forum!

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Discuss your favorite releases here and stay on the lookout for new titles to be released.
Arrow.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi did not buy arrow films
The Hut group increased the shares they own in Arrow to 75%

The Hut company is a group of different business be it products or labels or retailers
Arrow is now part of the list of companies hut group own or have a controling interest in

Zavvi don't own the hut group or arrow or any of the other companies.
The Hut group own zavvi that is a big difference

The Hut group owns or has a controlling interest in a lot of companies
The hut group had 1.6 billion revenue for 2020
Zavvi is a tiny part of that revenue

Arrow website and store will continue as normal
Arrow Academy has not been done away with it's just been merged into arrow video label

All previous arrow academy label releases still available will have the sleeves changed with arrow video label logo over the coming months
There is releases still to come that would have been released under academy label but will be released now under arrow video label instead

Arrow player streaming service has nothing to do with Zavvi or Hut group
The streaming service was launched by arrow simply because a lot of public now use streaming services.

There is lots of streaming service now provided by multiple companies around the world
It's how most public now watch films tv etc
Did you watch the guys video? He clearly said about 30 seconds in that it's The Hut Group that purchased Arrow, not that Zavvi had purchased them.

regardless of the titles still being available they will no longer be under the name of Arrow Academy, so meaning that the label has been done away with, nothing will now be released under the name.

Let's be fair, Arrow will no longer be the same with their releases and look at the ones that we have had over the past few months and the amount of them for instance the new release of True Romance another release of Demons and Demons 2.

Let's also look at the quality control over the past couple of months, its been a joke with a couple of their recent 4K titles.

Zavvi is one of those companies that quite a few out there including myself would rather avoid but have no choice if wanting a certain title.

I understand that some will welcome the move as it opens the doors for many other licenses, ETC but I for one ain't one of them, the quirky little titles that were getting released I think will quickly become a thing of the past and the bigger name films will be released time and time again as we have recently seen. Let's just hope that they can get this quality control situation under sorted, there's only so many times people will put up with the excuses especially with their prices slowly go up.

Did you watch the guys video? He clearly said about 30 seconds in that it's The Hut Group that purchased Arrow, not that Zavvi had purchased them.

regardless of the titles still being available they will no longer be under the name of Arrow Academy, so meaning that the label has been done away with, nothing will now be released under the name.

Let's be fair, Arrow will no longer be the same with their releases and look at the ones that we have had over the past few months and the amount of them for instance the new release of True Romance another release of Demons and Demons 2.

Let's also look at the quality control over the past couple of months, its been a joke with a couple of their recent 4K titles.

Zavvi is one of those companies that quite a few out there including myself would rather avoid but have no choice if wanting a certain title.

I understand that some will welcome the move as it opens the doors for many other licenses, ETC but I for one ain't one of them, the quirky little titles that were getting released I think will quickly become a thing of the past and the bigger name films will be released time and time again as we have recently seen. Let's just hope that they can get this quality control situation under sorted, there's only so many times people will put up with the excuses especially with their prices slowly go up.
His video title says when Zavvi bought Arrow
He talks about Zavvi in the video that has nothing to do with hut group increased shares purchase of Arrow
Arrow and Zavvi are totally different in regards to Hut Group as companies and as retailers business

In regards to Zavvi it just means more steelbook exclusives but that was happening anyway before hut group increased shares in arrow
If you not aware hut group been involved with arrow a good few years that is why Zavvi got a lot of steelbook exclusives previously

Arrow acadmey has not been done away as such it simply has been merged into Arrow Video label
Reason for this is a lot of the films genre they was releasing was crossing over into both labels so they decided to just use Arrow Video label instead as in there was no need to have 2 different labels anymore when one label will do

Did you not read the post #304 about the change
163770663_2364736850336298_6459372934435407915_n.jpg

There is upcoming titles that would of been released under academy label but now simply will be released under arrow video label so nothing has changed in regard to future releases they will still be happening

Arrow always do standard editions after limited editions sell out that is nothing new
They sometimes bring forward the standard release before limited edition sells out

In regards to Demons the standard edition include both 4K and UHD discs so no need to purchase separately
Standard editions are different to the limited editions as in they don't include books posters etc some customers prefer this

I also like now that arrow provide a release that includes both 4K UHD and Blu-ray in same release hopefuly that will happen with more releases

There is a lot of good titles coming this year and next year and some of these will be huge sellers
A lot more 4K UHD releases also to be released later this year and following years

Mistakes happen in encoding discs sometimes but arrow fix the mistakes once they are made aware about it and do replacements most times when this happens
A lot of the major film studio labels don't do this in comparision

The streaming service is also very useful it helps you decide if you want a physical disc release of a film as i'm sure there will be films you likely not watched before

Last edited:
Note
Arrow are having some changes behind the scenes and pre-order links for the Arrow UK store won’t be live as usual today. All UK titles being revealed will be up for pre-order direct soon however

Just in case you wondering why December 2021 pre order releases not live to order at 3 pm today on Arrow Film Store Website

At 3PM more info will be provided in regards to artwork and extras and other retailers purchase links

Arrow Films new websites for both UK and USA from THG Ingenuity

UK

USA

You can also change between UK and USA websites by clicking settings icon top right of website
Screenshot (289).png
If you previously registered for an account with Arrow Films website
Your existing login details should work from previous Arrow Films UK website on the new Arrow Films UK website

Note how to redeem points earned has changed

To use points on an order you need a minimum 500 points

500 points will give you £5.00 credit to use
1000 points will give you £10.00 credit to use
1500 points will give you £15.00 credit to use

All credit expires 14 days from redemption

Example
I had 180 points from before new website was launched
Those 180 points are still listed in my account on Arrow Films new website
I need earn 320 more points to get £5.00 credit to use that will happen when I do more orders

Screenshot (287).png

Screenshot (288).png

Note Access to PDF booklets not working at the moment that needs to be fixed

Note USA/Australia customers using Arrow UK website
When shipping is set to USA or Australia and region language set to UK prices change to RRP

This does not happen for UK customers or some other countries
It only happens on some countries not all

Example a release with price of £18.00 will show as £24.99 if shipping is set to USA

I have sent arrow a message to see if this error customers based in USA and some other countries are having can be fixed

Arrow Films websites
What’s changed?  

We’ve changed our website platform for Arrowfilms.com so we can now offer you a much better shopping experience. You might notice a few differences but rest assured, all your Arrow titles will be there and we’re here to answer any questions you may have.

We’re also really excited to bring you the new Arrowvideo.com, our recently relaunched American site where customers can buy US Arrow titles directly from us for the first time!

What’s the difference between Arrowfilms.com and Arrowvideo.com? 

Arrowfilms is our UK based website selling items which ship from our UK distribution centre.

Arrowvideo.com is our US based website selling items which ship from our new US distribution centre. This should make deliveries for our US customers much cheaper and quicker.

Do you still ship internationally?  

Yes, we ship from both sites around the world. Please look at the delivery charges pages on each site (links here)

Why do your sites sell different titles?  

For some titles, we only have the rights for certain territories so you may see some products available on Arrowvideo.com and not Arrowfilms.com and vice versa. If you have any product related questions then please get in touch.

Customer Service​

How do I contact you?  

If you’re an existing member, please login to your Account and you can submit a message from the Account platform
. We also have web chat available as well as social media channels.

Please note, our previous email address ([email protected]) is now closed and we no longer reply to emails sent to this inbox unless your email is regarding an outstanding matter that we’re currently discussing with you.

What if I need a replacement disc as part of your disc replacement programme?  

Please login to your Account or contact us via webchat to request a disc replacement. Please make sure you have your proof of purchase ready before contacting us.

Reward points​

How do reward points work?  

There’s a slight change to how our reward points system works. You still collect points on all applicable products but to spend points, you will need to convert your points into vouchers. Once you’ve collected 500, 1000 or 2000 points, you can convert them into a voucher which can be used on the checkout.

Please note once you have converted your points into a voucher, you have 30 days to spend them.

Note
Arrow website though list this as 14 days so bit of conflicting info from Arrow Blog mentioning 30 days and what it says on Arrow website itself
Once you have converted your points into credit, you have 14 days to spend the credit before it expires

I would suggest you don't convert reward points to credit unless you planning on using that credit within 14 days
I expect this will cause confusion for some customers

Your collected points will expire after one year so please make sure you redeem them in good time so you don’t miss out.

Do I still have all my existing reward points?  

Yes, all your points have been migrated from the previous version of the arrowfilms.com website. If you login to your account, you’ll see your order history.

Refer a friend​

What’s your refer a friend scheme?  

If you refer a friend to Arrow, both they and you will receive a discount of £5 off your next order when they spend £25. For more details see here (links here)

How do I sign up for the refer a friend scheme?  

When you login to your account, you’ll see a unique referral code or link which you can share with your friend.

Last edited:
Note existing reward points showing in your account applies to points you earned done using arrow previous UK website
These existing rewards points earned will be in your account on Arrow Films UK website not when you change over to Arrow Video USA website

When you use Arrow Video USA website you won't see the reward points listed you earned using UK site as USA site different to UK

Arrow UK and USA are different websites but you can use your same login details
You will see USA releases for sale on Arrow Video USA so you won't see some releases listed on Arrow Films UK website
You also won't see listed UK only releases on Arrow Video USA website unless arrow also done a USA release for that title

Most customers won't have reward points listed in account on USA website yet unless they done a new order since the launch of USA website past few weeks as this is a new website

If expecting to see your previous UK reward points on Arrow Video USA site change to Arrow Films UK website

I have contacted arrow to clarify what happens with vat with a EU delivery address with the new website

Arrow Films Website before changing over to be run by THG they removed UK vat from price at checkout so customers did not end up having to pay both UK vat and EU vat
The previous arrow films website was not run by THG

The new arrow films website don't remove UK vat at checkout

THG UK shop website vat is included for EU delivery address for orders done on that website I have asked arrow does this now also apply to Arrow Films new website as it's now run by THG

If the new arrow films UK website not the same as UK THG Shop website in regards to EU then I asked arrow go back to remove UK vat from price so EU customers don't end up paying UK vat and then been hit by customs for EU vat

I also asked them to update the new website and let customers know if vat included for EU delivery address or not included

Reactions: Mth