What are you buying next for your Home Theater(s)?

Just checked out the Sony A9F, DAMN! Looks badass. $3500 though...jeez I might be able to get it but if not I’ll have settle for LG E8 instead, which is what I originally decided on anyways. I still have to budget for a 4K player too. You know the LG TV’s dropped in price after a little bit but the Sony TV prices aren’t dropping. :confused: The E8 has dropped 7% & the C8 16% since it’s been added to my wishlist but the A8F hasn’t dropped at all. ...go figure?
Hey! Consider that chump change! :rofl: The 75" Z9D set me back $8K! (The 100" is $50K!:wow:)
Still in absolute heaven. Don't regret a penny spent!:D

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Hey! Consider that chump change! :rofl: The 75" Z9D set me back $8K! (The 100" is $50K!:wow:)
Still in absolute heaven. Don't regret a penny spent!:D
$8K !!! OMG!! I could have paid my car off with that. I'm probably going to aim for the A9F though. After comparing it with the LG E8, the A9F stands on it's own and really uses that X1 Ultimate chip to it it's potential. I was going to have a professional installer come in and mount it on my wall but seeing as how much it is I'm going to have to do the instillation myself I guess.

Reactions: C.C. 95
$8K !!! OMG!! I could have paid my car off with that. I'm probably going to aim for the A9F though. After comparing it with the LG E8, the A9F stands on it's own and really uses that X1 Ultimate chip to it it's potential. I was going to have a professional installer come in and mount it on my wall but seeing as how much it is I'm going to have to do the instillation myself I guess.
Personal opinion: if you want OLED Sony is probably the better choice. They have 70+ years of picture tech behind them, alongside using LG's Panel. Win-win. Nobody beats Sony on color tech. (Did you compare them in store?)

• Thanks
Personal opinion: if you want OLED Sony is probably the better choice. They have 70+ years of picture tech behind them, alongside using LG's Panel. Win-win. Nobody beats Sony on color tech. (Did you compare them in store?)
No I probably won't get a chance to as the the closest electronics store is 45 minutes away. If I eventually make my way over in that area I might.

Just purchased a Denon AVR-X4400H and a set of Onkyo Atmos speakers. Will purchase an additional amplifier and another set of Onkyo Atmos speakers this weekend for use as Dolby Surround Heights.
Nice. You must have gotten a good deal on the 4400H since the a new model replaced it this month.
I was considering taking advantage of that as well, but figured I'd splurge on the 4500H. (It really annoys me to not have the menus or be able to visually change settings over a 4K image. (My equipment is not in view - but in a closet)).
Hope you got a great deal! I am a few weeks from choosing my Atmos heights - post how your Onkyos work out.:thumbs:

4500 didn’t personally offer anything that I have on the 4400, in fact I actually liked the design of the drop down flap more on the older model. Purchased a Denon Stereo amplifier this lunchtime along with an additional pair of Onkyo SKH-410 Atmos Speakers.

4500 didn’t personally offer anything that I have on the 4400, in fact I actually liked the design of the drop down flap more on the older model. Purchased a Denon Stereo amplifier this lunchtime along with an additional pair of Onkyo SKH-410 Atmos Speakers.
The GUI over 4K signal is kind of a big deal that the 4400H doesn't do. It drives me crazy when I have no idea what my settings are when watching 4K stuff.

This is far and away THE best receiver I have ever owned, by a huge margin. It absolutely sh@ts all over my old Pioneer and Onkyo receivers. Gone are the yellow green tints on my blues and whites when watching Blu-ray on my projector. And I admit I was a little worried after hearing some reviewers saying that the audio could be a touch harsh and cold, bullsh@t, the audio is sublime. I’ve just been playing 2 hours of Hans Zimmer and the hairs on the back of my neck we’re up the entire time. It felt like the orchestra were in the room with me. The audio on Blade Runner 2049 completely enveloped me, the overheads were phenomenal and the soundtrack really shined. I cannot wait for my extra 2 Dolby Surround Atmos Speakers arrive and I can watch Blade Runner 2049 again. I also cannot wait to watch Oblivion again with the isolated score in Dolby TrueHD upmixed to Atmos. This receiver gets my heartiest recommendation.

Last edited:
This is far and away THE best receiver I have ever owned, by a huge margin. It absolutely sh@ts all over my old Pioneer and Onkyo receivers. Gone are the yellow green tints on my blues and whites when watching Blu-ray on my projector. And I admit I was a little worried after hearing some reviewers saying that the audio could be a touch harsh and cold, bullsh@t, the audio is sublime. I’ve just been playing 2 hours of Hans Zimmer and the hairs on the back of my neck we’re up the entire time. It felt like the orchestra were in the room with me. The audio on Blade Runner 2049 completely enveloped me, the overheads were phenomenal and the soundtrack really shined. I cannot wait for my extra 2 Dolby Surround Atmos Speakers arrive and I can watch Blade Runner 2049 again. I also cannot wait to watch Oblivion again with theisolated score in Dolby TrueHD unmixed to Atmos. This receiver gets my heartiest recommendation.
That's Awesome @Blu-devil ! I also never understood the reviews that called their output "cold, harsh and less beefy".
Can't wait to get my 4500H (and I'll probably keep my 2400H for another room).
That is weird that you had formerly been getting tinting issues on your whites and blues. If you want your video signal to be unmolested by the AVR, the Denon has a bypass setting in the Video output section. (I use this because I don't see any reason to have any video processing from the AVR since my Oppo and the TV can handle that).
I also have been looking forward to rewatching Oblivion on 4K with that amazing score!:thumbs: My new speakers and AVR and Atmos configuration won't be happening until November- counting the days!

The tinting was solely down to my Pioneer. With the Denon the colours are spot on. Images through my 11 year old Hitachi look more 3D than the actual 3D images I got from my former 3D Projector (BenQ 1070) I truly believe I have a dream team as far as receiver/ projector combination are concerned. The photos below were taken of an 100” screen using an iPhone 7 Plus.

Attachments

• 1DA50AAC-36DB-4E40-B2E1-5973C7F0A25D.jpeg
    1DA50AAC-36DB-4E40-B2E1-5973C7F0A25D.jpeg
    738.9 KB · Views: 225
  • 853B743E-8618-480B-8F3C-2B3AC916078B.jpeg
    853B743E-8618-480B-8F3C-2B3AC916078B.jpeg
    678.6 KB · Views: 180
  • EC64A883-C027-4835-B454-816CF7658D3C.jpeg
    EC64A883-C027-4835-B454-816CF7658D3C.jpeg
    900.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 165A3AD7-A155-4503-8716-EAC5E4E43922.jpeg
    165A3AD7-A155-4503-8716-EAC5E4E43922.jpeg
    923.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 8CA00477-C194-48DB-BA52-711F21D3E6E3.jpeg
    8CA00477-C194-48DB-BA52-711F21D3E6E3.jpeg
    662.4 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
The tinting was solely down to my Pioneer. With the Denon the colours are spot on. Images through my 11 year old Hitachi lookmore 3D than the actual 3D images I got from my former 3D Projector (BenQ 1070) I truly believe I have a dream team as far as receiver/ projector combination are concerned.
That is always awesome to hear!:thumbs:.
When things are correct, you will smile everytime you turn things on (even years after!).
I just got started collecting 5.1 SACD, DVD-A/V, and Blu ray albums.
I'll tell ya - Playing Dark Side of The Moon in 5.1 SACD from my Oppo to my Denon....
BA711215-B594-4BD9-9FFD-891AF331553B.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Blu-devil
That is always awesome to hear!:thumbs:.
When things are correct, you will smile everytime you turn things on (even years after!).
I just git started collecting 5.1 SACD, DVD-A/V, and Blu ray albums.
I'll tell ya - Playing Dark Side of The Moon in 5.1 SACD from my Oppo to my Denon....
View attachment 397290
I love “Shine on you Crazy Diamond”. The opening of that track kills me every time. I forgot my Pioneer BD player plays SACD/DVD Audio. I wish “The Zimmer” would release some Hi def audio albums.

I love “Shine on you Crazy Diamond”. The opening of that track kills me every time. I forgot my Pioneer BD player plays SACD/DVD Audio. I wish “The Zimmer” would release some Hi def audio albums.
The Wish You Were Here SACD goes for crazy money now.
There is a guy who sells a blu ray edition of it on the bay for $20 though. (With case and art)

Denon AVR-X4400H Dolby Atmos Receiver.
Panasonic DMP-UB400EBK UHD Blu-ray player. Purchased for a great price as an open box deal.
Denon PMA520AE 2 channel amplifier for my Dolby Atmos / dtsX rear / surround heights.
Pioneer BDP-450 Blu-ray/ SACD / DVD Audio Player

E5D7BF72-263A-4093-8215-10539556B7E0.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a 75" LGUK6190PUB recently. Nothing compared to my OLED models but for the price, it's not too bad so far. Picked up for $899 plus tax. Had to swap my tv's out as I'm afraid my 1.5 year old son would have trashed my OLED lol.

• Thanks