What are you buying next for your Home Theater(s)?

Dumped my 4 Onkyo Atmos enabled speakers in favour of 4 Polk Audio Ceiling Speakers. The difference is astounding. I can actually hear overhead sounds coming from, err overhead. Was aurally pummelled whilst watching Saving Private Ryan and Mission Impossible Fallout (both UHD). And the various sounds whilst watching Stranger Things S:3 on Netflix was unsettling to say the least.

Reactions: jasong
Dumped my 4 Onkyo Atmos enabled speakers in favour of 4 Polk Audio Ceiling Speakers. The difference is astounding. I can actually hear overhead sounds coming from, err overhead. Was aurally pummelled whilst watching Saving Private Ryan and Mission Impossible Fallout (both UHD). And the various sounds whilst watching Stranger Things S:3 on Netflix was unsettling to say the least.

I have been thinking about this lately. Have two Onkyo upfiring and been thinking this could be better. Was on Amazon looking at ceiling speakers today! Tis going to be a wiring challenge but good to hear your outcome.

Reactions: Blu-devil
Hung black velour around my screen and on my ceiling. Made a huge difference in contrast.
591D431A-E22C-4DCC-9A03-B2320A13A227.jpeg

Reactions: jasong
For the first time in many years I am totally happy with my home cinema setup and equipment.
Everything seems to be working well together both visually and aurally.
Watching something like Venom is absolutely mind blowing. I remember both Tron Legacy and Avatar looking superb in 3D in the cinema, however on my system it looks and sounds astounding. Pure eye p0rn.

Last edited by a moderator: