What's your poison?

Nightbreed1984

UK Reviewer
Premium Supporter
Mar 31, 2014
London, UK
I'm curious. What do folks here prefer out of full slip, lenticular and 1/4 slips?

Personally I prefer the full slip. I love how they feel in the hand and they look so cool on the shelf. 1/4 slips are my least favourite, they remind me too much of the standard J-card releases, which I find tacky.

What's your favourite?

I prefer the Steelbook or FuturePak itself but if it's a special edition with custom slip, I prefer a full slip so it has the entire front and back for more custom artwork. Lenticular slips are OK, it's just 2 images in place of one and are a b*tch to scan in a flatbed scanner. I agree with the thread starter, 1/4 slips are like a regular j-card to me and I just file all those. :coffee:

Reactions: Nightbreed1984
Steelbook is the most important part, everything else is just extra (that's why I usually stay away from Asian steelbooks, too expensive). I prefer full slips, they can easily be more gorgeous than lenticulars and I think they're more elegant too, but of course I have a few really good lentis in my collection. Asian 1/4 slips are nice, but I couldn't care less about everything else, I just want the steelbook out and then put the slip away.

Steelbook's are the main focus of my collection. Love how they look together and make for good conversation starter on the rare occasion that I get some company. However, this summer I started getting into slip boxes (mostly from Asia) and love how they look. Only have the lenticular Tomb Raider slip boxes in hand but have several on order.

I find slip boxes superior to full slips but still don't mind the occasional full slip.