Which Universal Pictures movie would you like to see from Titans of Cult?

Mar 23, 2021
Hi everyone.

I work for Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and I'm just looking at a title listing for our 2022 Titans of Cult releases. What titles would you most love to see on Titans of Cult from our Catalogue?

Thought starters: Jaws / Gladiator / Spartacus / The Thing / Scarface / Jurassic Park

Very keen to get your thoughts though and create something you guys want! Tagging a few of you to get the thread active :) @Noodles / @IRON MAN / @Flloydo /

@Noodles still looking for concepts to post :giggle:
Confused Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Few other universal movies that need (GOOD) steels:
Manchester by the sea
Nocturnal Animals
Raw
Room
But I want the original poster arts for them so I doubt this is ToC material
100% all of them. Although not too bothered about Manchester by the sea

But yeah I’d rather universal focus on their own steels than partnering up with ToC (please)

Well I for one think Titans get far too much hate and I know a lot of you don't like the plastic packaging. And while I do agree, I otherwise really like the movies and steelbooks Titans have put out.

So first and foremost if you have even the slightest amount of influence can you please just get Titans to make the switch over to a rigid slip. Something like the Arrow collectors box sets would be perfect.

As for what movies I wanna see. Hard Target as UK still has not got a 4k release. Liar Liar because why do comedy movies never get the steelbook boutique treatment. The Jackal maybe? Just because it's awesome and criminally underrated. Jurassic Park would be nice. Zack Snyders Dawn of the Dead would be amazing.
a rigid slip like arrow would be a first step in the right direction, but theyre far from perfect *imo*… perfect would be a nice sturdy full slip with great embossing and a great finish like the asian premium retailers do or even eu/uk based ones like cinemuseum or everythingblu… its paper after all, it cant cost the world.. certainly not more than custom pins and badges

a rigid slip like arrow would be a first step in the right direction, but theyre far from perfect *imo*… perfect would be a nice sturdy full slip with great embossing and a great finish like the asian premium retailers do or even eu/uk based ones like cinemuseum or everythingblu… its paper after all, it cant cost the world.. certainly not more than custom pins and badges
Totally agree. I would love something like a Novamedia slip. Switching away from those plastic ones would be a huge step in the right direction. But I hope they don't get rid of the pin badges as I actually really like them. The posters... I like them more in concept as I couldn't frame and put them all up even if I wanted to. And what exactly can one do with a folded poster? I much prefer art cards.

Hi everyone.

I work for Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and I'm just looking at a title listing for our 2022 Titans of Cult releases. What titles would you most love to see on Titans of Cult from our Catalogue?

Thought starters: Jaws / Gladiator / Spartacus / The Thing / Scarface / Jurassic Park

Very keen to get your thoughts though and create something you guys want! Tagging a few of you to get the thread active :) @Noodles / @IRON MAN / @Flloydo /
The titles you suggested are all great, but I'd definitely prefer something new, such as some of the titles already mentioned by other members for example.

Afraid to say I've also fallen off the Titan's bangwagon after their run of disappointing designs and extras lately, that combined with a £5 price hike.

Whatever you decide, please just make sure the steelbook has a decent finish (full gloss with embossing/debossing if possible), since that can make or break a steel IMHO.

Appreciate you taking the time to post here and ask for our opinion. Hopefully you're able to take away some helpful info. :)

Totally agree. I would love something like a Novamedia slip. Switching away from those plastic ones would be a huge step in the right direction. But I hope they don't get rid of the pin badges as I actually really like them. The posters... I like them more in concept as I couldn't frame and put them all up even if I wanted to. And what exactly can one do with a folded poster? I much prefer art cards.
I just wish the pin badges were better. As in the designs. They are alway too obscure and weird.
There’s 2 or 3 I think are decent but I just wish there were better

And I like PET slips etc but I find the ToC boxes just a bit too flimsy so I’d also welcome rigid slips

ToC imo could of been the perfect non premium retailer/ design company (whatever you wana call them) but they’ve disappointed me far too many times and unfortunately they will never change their style. They still sell out in most countries which blows my mind

I want to like them. I truly do. It’s just always so disappointing for my eyes

That said, I do own 2001 so if they were to release a film I like and the artworks and extras then I would buy it. But so far I’ve liked 1 out of about 20!

I’m really trying hard to give pro active feedback here to SBC88.

Hi everyone.

How about Dawn of the Dead (2004)? I see Universal was world wide distribution for this but not sure if you still hold the rights in the UK.

Ffs! All those designs have made me hard :bag:

I’d seriously kill family members for the designs for Palm Springs, soul, love and monsters, American animals, the green knight, no way home and last night in SoHo. Just bravo

They just looks stunning and I can smell the full gloss through the concepts!

Oh and FU @jonnybobbytimmy :coffee::rofl:

Liar Liar because why do comedy movies never get the steelbook boutique treatment.
Mondo once said that they never do comedy posters because they don't sell well after release, and I believe it...catalog releases just don't sell.

Zack Snyders Dawn of the Dead would be amazing.

YES!

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place