Notes: Limited to 501 numbered copies
Full Slip
24 page photo book
11 character collectors cards
Numbering card
Numbering sticker

whiplash.jpg

BS.jpg

Full Slip pictures can be seen posted by @carllenc here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, @Actarus - the only reason I haven't jumped on this is- do we have any idea what Kimchi is about to do with this same title? I'd rather not Triple dip. FA looks amazing- but what is Kimchi about to do?!

I've been checking Kimchi and no updates whatsoever I could find on this... if there is no info already in the Kimchi thread for Whiplash, then I doubt we would get any before the release date of the ''film arena collection numbered edition''

last Update from Kimchi: Raid 1 & 2 Release Date Changed

Reactions: C.C. 95
Does "Classic Sale" mean it's just the steelbook, or are numbered copies with all the goodies going to be available?
I am thinking that is when the preorder begins for the public. It will be the FA collection as there is no other version on their site. It might be on sale for the people with collectable numbers on that date and 1 week later for the public. Have to wait and see unless something can get better confirmation

Does "Classic Sale" mean it's just the steelbook, or are numbered copies with all the goodies going to be available?

Without going into too much details;

The Classic sale has nothing to do as to what type of a release it is. The ''Classic Sale'' of a film arena collection edition is when it becomes live to pre-order for everybody.

This information bellow is for ''Whiplash film arena Collection numbered edition'' that comes with FullSlip and the Bonus items as you see it on the ''Beautyshot''. The Beautyshot is the picture of the whole package from the steel, to the FullSlip design and all the bonus items that the numbered editions from the film arena collection will contain. Whiplash does not come as a regular steelbook, but is only part of the film arena collection numbered edition(FullSlip Package).

It is currently not available right now for the General Public, but will only become available for pre-order to the public
when the Classic sale Starts on 8.6.2015 20:00 Czech Time.

if you want more info do not hesitate to ask :)

I am thinking that is when the preorder begins for the public. It will be the FA collection as there is no other version on their site. It might be on sale for the people with collectable numbers on that date and 1 week later for the public. Have to wait and see unless something can get better confirmation

Interesting. Alright, I'll just have to keep my hopes up that I can snag one. Whiplash was my favorite movie of last year and this steel book looks absolutely gorgeous!

Without going into too much details;

The Classic sale has nothing to do as to what type of a release it is. The ''Classic Sale'' of a film arena collection edition is when it becomes live to pre-order for everybody.

This information bellow is for ''Whiplash film arena Collection numbered edition'' that comes with FullSlip and the Bonus items as you see it on the ''Beautyshot''. The Beautyshot is the picture of the whole package from the steel, to the FullSlip design and all the bonus items that the numbered editions from the film arena collection will contain. Whiplash does not come as a regular steelbook, but is only part of the film arena collection numbered edition(FullSlip Package).

It is currently not available right now for the General Public, but will only become available for pre-order to the public
when the Classic sale Starts on 8.6.2015 20:00 Czech Time.

if you want more info do not hesitate to ask :)

Awesome, thanks for the details. The site ships worldwide, right? I spend too much on steelbooks already, but this is one I can't pass up. I hope if I'm on the site when orders open that I'll have a decent change of getting one.

Last edited:
Anyone able to tell me a ball park shipping rate to the UK from film-arena? The site seems to suggest it's almost the same price as the steel, seems excessive if true, although I'm prepared to accept it's my brain that's gone wrong!

Anyone able to tell me a ball park shipping rate to the UK from film-arena? The site seems to suggest it's almost the same price as the steel, seems excessive if true, although I'm prepared to accept it's my brain that's gone wrong!

It's about 390czk ... Normally with a 600czk steelbook and 390czk shipping it works out around £25 and then Mastercard or Visa charge an exchange rate fee off another £2 or so. So £27 delivered to the UK.

I'm tempted as I also want to grab a copy of Commando full slip so will get combined P&P.

Reactions: lampshire2005

Price will vary if you you economy Shipping Versus Priority shipping(extra Fast), but indeed the shipping calculation can only be provided by film arena when you are at the shipping step, it will tell you the amount it cost depending where you live makes a difference in shipping and the weight of the item.
But indeed can cost easily more than the steel itself but when you add up it is worth it, plus they have amazing Packaging.

Reactions: lampshire2005
it went live 12 minutes ago, normal that it is sold out, pre-release time was 20:00 Czech time it is now 20:12min

Kingsman was sold out few minutes after it went live.

The film arena Collection numbered edition sell out pretty quickly, they are very sought after.