Whiplash (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #24) [Korea]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: November 29, 2015
Purchase links: Quarter Slip - Lenti - Full Slip (Pre-order November 3 at 2 PM Korea time). Use the following time zone converter to find the time in your area ☞ CLICK
Price: $31.99 (Quarter Slip) - $34.99 (Full Slip - Lenti)
Note: Lenti (2000 copies) - Full slip (1600 copies) - Quarter Slip (TBA)

Scanavo case thread can be found here.

12019940_1779503805610162_5626816594864227940_n.jpg

1445505333385934.jpg
1445504474740715.jpg
14455062883801924.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's something bothering. I finally got today in my hands both my copies -- full slip and lenticular. All is gorgeous, except for "strange" lines on the inside of the two steelbooks. The strangeness lies in the fact that these lines (that I have reason to think are GREY HAIRS entrapped between the steel and the clear cover!!!) are in the exact same spots on the 2 steelbooks: 2 over the disc slot and 2 under it. I attached the 4 pics. Has anyone noticed the same in their own copies? :arghh::arghh::arghh:
IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0683.JPG
IMG_0684.JPG
IMG_0685.JPG

Here's something bothering. I finally got today in my hands both my copies -- full slip and lenticular. All is gorgeous, except for "strange" lines on the inside of the two steelbooks. The strangeness lies in the fact that these lines (that I have reason to think are GREY HAIRS entrapped between the steel and the clear cover!!!) are in the exact same spots on the 2 steelbooks: 2 over the disc slot and 2 under it. I attached the 4 pics. Has anyone noticed the same in their own copies? :arghh::arghh::arghh:

They are stringy glue bits. Get them on quite a few at times

Sorry not glue, but thin plastic shavings (I think)

I believe they are just thin plastic that was entrapped during the assembling of the steelbook. Had this problem with my copy of Whiplash too, and also with NovaMedia's John Wick steelbook.

Reactions: famagosta
I ordered the fullslip but received the lenti. I contacted Tony about it and he said I could ship it back for a full refund, but I don't feel like repacking it, going to the post office, waiting weeks for him to receive it, then more weeks to receive the correct version. The lenti is much better in hand, I was mesmerized by the depth and I love the use of the original poster. It would be better if it was a full slip lenti though. I just ordered the fullslip so I wouldn't have to wait for the return of the lenti and also risk it selling out. I guess I can decide in person which one I like better.

Reactions: InAFalsetto
I'm still debating whether I should go for a full slip. What's the uv effect like in hand on the full slip?

I'm still debating whether I should go for a full slip. What's the uv effect like in hand on the full slip?
Go for it mate, In hand it's one of my best edition's, classy and understated, worth every penny.. .I think the reason these haven't sold out is because the standard Zavvi steelbook was so nice and for those that buy 1 steelbook per film that is more than enough. .

Reactions: Flloydo
It's the best fullslip I've ever owned. The color pallette and hplofoil shine just looks too good. And it's embossed.
Go for it mate, In hand it's one of my best edition's, classy and understated, worth every penny.. .I think the reason these haven't sold out is because the standard Zavvi steelbook was so nice and for those that buy 1 steelbook per film that is more than enough. .

Cheers, I really like this package but I always prefered the actual Zavvi Steelbook. Suppose the disc art on this one makes up for it in a way.
If I do pull the trigger this will be my first kimchi full slip.

Also what's on the back of the art cards?

Ok here are Pictures of the FullSlip Steelbook Edition - I was so excited when I unsealed everything and what did it - is when I removed the shrink wrap over the Steelbook my jaw dropped Open I think :dunno: ... Such a Stunning Release, Pictures do not do it Justice, when you have it in Hands this is where you feel it ! And like I said @moon really captures so very well all its beauty(I cannot believe at how insane his pictures are) but these are my own Pics Anyways :emb: We are so treated like it is Christmas with all those editions...the artwork on the Fullslip continues Inside the Fullslip and as I can see the pictures inside the FullSlip may have been a better choice for the Artwork on the FullSlip(it's hard to see, but artwork looks pretty sweet inside Slip)

View attachment 205408 View attachment 205409 View attachment 205410 View attachment 205411 View attachment 205412 View attachment 205413 View attachment 205414 View attachment 205415 View attachment 205416 View attachment 205417

@Actarus PM please

Nope buddy Cinderella is best fullslip.:thumbs:;)

My picture buddy
image-jpg.184608

Wow, holofoil / glitter dust ? Looks very nice.

@InAFalsetto if you get a chance grab a Copy of Cinderella KimchiCollection #03 ! )ne of the nicest FullSlip Package of 2015, in hands it is just stunning !

Kimchi did a Stunning Package for this movie, this is certainly made for the Collector.

Limited to 500

This is one of my Favorite TOP 3 Fullslip for 2015