Whiplash (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #24) [Korea]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: November 29, 2015
Purchase links: Quarter Slip - Lenti - Full Slip (Pre-order November 3 at 2 PM Korea time). Use the following time zone converter to find the time in your area ☞ CLICK
Price: $31.99 (Quarter Slip) - $34.99 (Full Slip - Lenti)
Note: Lenti (2000 copies) - Full slip (1600 copies) - Quarter Slip (TBA)

Scanavo case thread can be found here.

12019940_1779503805610162_5626816594864227940_n.jpg

1445505333385934.jpg
1445504474740715.jpg
14455062883801924.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the artwork, but man, I really really don't like the steelbooks that have a raised border around them. :(

Agreed, feel the same as you do, I'm not crazy about the Border they have to put when they do embossing... I prefer actually debossing like the WWA Steel of Whiplash, wonderful Glossy treatment feels like Gold holding it in hands, and a superb debossing...This WWA Steel definitely is one of my Favorite of the Year as I have said before. But Kimchi still did something Special, but agree not a fan of the Border on Steels, I prefer no embossing and No border it looks Classier I find.

The inside art and disc art are perfect! Front is nice except for the border. Back and spine are okay. JK Simmons on the back would have been better, but I'm guessing he's being saved for the slips.

Guess I'm double dipping! I already have the wordwide steel.

It would be really tempting to double dip now, this could be just such a stunning pair to the FAC release. Can't say I'm not interested in this. :D

Will the Blu collection stand on its own like Kimchi Choice? Or will it be KE#23?
Blu Collection has been around a while. This might be like their 9th or 10th title. I'm not exactly sure. But they are not from Kimchi, more like collaboration with Kimchi. So it will be both KE#23 AND Blu Collection #10 (or whatever number it is)...

Inner left panel is crap, looks like no thought at all went into image selection/cropping/placement or color coordination. Aside from depicting a drum set, it clashes in every possible way with the rest of the package design. Everything else looks fantastic.

Nice edition, I don't own this movie yet so I'm definitely in ... This time I won't hesitate like I did with Kingsman and end up missing out again.
Same, I passed on the FAC release of Whiplash since I knew this one was coming--and I'm glad I waited. This looks great.

I missed out on Kingsman too, but it wasn't for hesitation--didn't Kimchi announce the preorder time only about a day before it actually happened? I try to keep up with all of Kimchi's releases, but by the time I found out the preorder time for Kingsman it was already too late. (I guess that's why people sign up for notifications, but I just hate getting a bunch of useless posts in my email inbox.)
Will the Blu collection stand on its own like Kimchi Choice? Or will it be KE#23?
This is a Kimchidvd exclusive. "The Blu Collection" is a Korean media company. It's similar to the way that Novamedia used to colloborate with Kimchidvd--Nova would design the package/disc, but it was ultimately a Kimchidvd exclusive. Kimchidvd exclusive #15 Memento was the first example of The Blu Collection and Kimchidvd colloborating. (They also worked together on Eternal Sunshine.)

FYI: if you search in the Collector's Edition or Slipcover sections of Hidefninja, you'll see that The Blu Collection has released some exclusives of their own (no steelbooks). Here's a link to The Place Beyond the Pines--The Blu Collection's first release.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: rodtp and rj531
Why do you give us a border man :p hmmmmm but i really like the artwork and the disc artwork :whistle: i don't own this movie yet.
Got to agree... the border on the front is unnecessary. The title would look better debossed, or even just left flat.

Reactions: luke98
Love,love,love the steelbook and the disc is.....:notworthy::drool:

Great to see Kimchi (one of the old guard...:whistle:) back in the game and showing why their exclusives are always superb....:)

Can't wait for the BS....:watch::wow:

I want to swap this disc with my FA. Then I'll have my own personal ultimate steel. :)

This disk so belong in this release, all of the details work very well together, to take one of the best Part of this release(the Disk Artwork) to put it into the stunning WWA steel that FA used for their exclusive film arena Collection Numbered edition, IMO you should not mix them, this Disk so belong in this Kimchi Release.