Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
considering this is supposed to be a special, celebratory edition they should handle the release of this steel a little differently.

They should ONLY make it available to the people who purchased the original when it launched. As a thank you to those who made the first release special. It would make this release very special.

& you'd know the people who own one, have been doing this a long time.

yeah that'd upset a few people, but it'd be more interesting release.
And how exactly would Zavvi determine who bought the first one? By going off of order histories? All that will happen then is all the scalpers who made a few quid off the original will now be given another low print exclusive to cash in on.

considering this is supposed to be a special, celebratory edition they should handle the release of this steel a little differently.

They should ONLY make it available to the people who purchased the original when it launched. As a thank you to those who made the first release special. It would make this release very special.

& you'd know the people who own one, have been doing this a long time.

yeah that'd upset a few people, but it'd be more interesting release.
With all due respect, this is Zavvi we're talking about- Remember the release of Maleficent and the black/white debacle, where they couldn't even message one of the members on here with what colour the steelbook was, even when they had the steelbooks ready to be despatched.

End of it all, Zavvi think about their profits first, and their customers second (which is how most business are run, but obviously most other businesses tend to handle customer satisfaction a bit better than Zavvi...)
Think it's been widely documented on here many, many times before just how frustrating it can be to deal with Zavvi, so there's zero chance of them putting the work in to make this happen...

And how exactly would Zavvi determine who bought the first one? By going off of order histories? All that will happen then is all the scalpers who made a few quid off the original will now be given another low print exclusive to cash in on.

in the last 2 years the number of steelbook scalpers has exploded. coincidentally so has the user base on here. Your account is quite new, so you may not of used this site when the original was released. But the steelbook collecting environment was a lil different, only had a 3000 print run This sold out very quickly, it was blink and you missed it, without it being a marvel or the fully animated disney film too. & this was a little before panic buying a steel in fear of it selling, or buying for monetary gain...which to be frank is how and why most steelbooks sell out now. The fact there are only 10 uk roger rabbits steelbooks on eBay right now is testament to that.

Sure 'scalpers' existed in the past obviously. But this steel along with finding nemo and aladdin, really kick started the current trend of buying steels to sell them.

scalpers is a dirty word too, because if you look on the selling forums on here, the prices are often higher than on eBay...and many eBay users are hi def ninja users...nothing wrong with that, but as i said scalpers is a dirty word.

tbh i'd go as far to say if you were to sell 3000 to the original buyers of the original steel. less of them would be 'cashed in' on than if they just openly sold them.

They should ONLY make it available to the people who purchased the original when it launched. As a thank you to those who made the first release special. It would make this release very special..

Or give it as a free gift to those loyal customers who've spent thousands on their exclusives in the last 2 years.

Yes, I'm aware this would never happen.

Well, my feeling is they are attempting to celebrate a special anniversary of starting to release some unique collectibles to market (see OP). I am not sure they plan to re-release other titles, but I guess we'll see. No different than other studios releasing Alien every year with a different cover (don't ask me how many I have, lol)-same movie, different ed, studios and retailers have been doing so for decades now. It is a pretty cool way for those that missed original red version to own a Steelbook. Enjoy to those who will add this to their collections!

Haha, that looks bad!

That means the inside will be the same with half of roger missing (and I don't mean behind the curtain)