Who's done the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Have you been drenched yet? If so, share your pics or videos here!! :D

I was unfortunately challenged by @bigrob, so I guess I'll be shivering sometime between now and 24 hours from now. :wtf:

Attachments

• Ice.jpg
    Ice.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
LOL! :rofl: I'm with you Ron! Where's the rest of the videos? Come on NINJAS!!! :mad:

ddb76008cddb381e45be7505193b06d13b4311b42461dd47adf6a776e79e57b0.jpg
:rofl: :p

Still waiting on 2 particular videos... :naughty: I haven't forgotten @NoDingsNoScratches! Now that you've won a coin, you definitely MUST DO IT! :D :cool: AND especially you @Ricker!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohno: Where's your NINJA Pride!? :emb: :woot:

I haven't forgot, just been busy. It will happen...

unnamed.jpg

Dear Glend,

With your donation and participation in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, you have contributed to the greatest outpouring of support our cause has ever seen.

For that, we thank you...

Stay tuned for more information about how we're putting your donation to work in the fight against this devastating disease.

In the meantime, please view and share our video message.

With gratitude,

OheB4_piDGhNW8s2pyRPr4I8EX9hCvIBLnRm81EG1-Jvphms7luLD1_Eggel0bbG8KZ0XSfGr_hZ95z7mT9ZetIBpUf0v9wasKEssJP3B7b-cKszV4Xc3FA8JJY=s0-d-e1-ft

tG-asKV83-deNqjPWOKxr-kK3DIG7fnHaGNN3y8MipwOk8kq5YeaiTUXKlfccM45jp90LT5cgfWY4EQkY-VR_E7MBg-So7iVnLE4BXTaduxjf1L30O9izg=s0-d-e1-ft

Barbara J. Newhouse
President and CEO
The ALS Association

Dear Glend,

Your generous support is already at work!

I am excited to announce that The ALS Association Board of Trustees has approved an initial expenditure of $21.7 million to support six research initiatives that show promise in accelerating the development of treatments and the cure for ALS. Click here to read more about the collaborative projects that will benefit from contributions received through the #IceBucketChallenge.

Four of these projects involve global research cooperative alliances that would not have moved forward without this significant funding from The Association, made possible through the generosity and concern of people, like you, along with $12.5 million in matching donations. The initial investment in these six projects totals $34.2 million.

• ALS Accelerated Therapeutics (ALS ACT) will enact a multi-pronged approach to expediting clinical trails in ALS, accelerating diagnosis, development of new treatments, and breaking down barriers that inhibit progress
  • New York Genome Center gathers and analyzes DNA sequences of thousands of people living with ALS to better understand the genetic factors involved in ALS
  • The Neuro Collaborative aims to discover and develop novel therapies for ALS, deliver them to pharmaceutical companies for further study in clinical trail
  • Project MinE is a global collaboration focused on the role of genome sequencing in discovering treatments and a cure for ALS. Established in Europe, new funding from The ALS Association brings this incredible project to the United States for the first time
  • Grants to support ALS Association Certified Treatment Centers of Excellence, which provide multidisciplinary care and resources for people living with ALS and their families. To qualify as a certified center, the institution must be actively participating in ALS-related clinical research, which is imperative to find effective treatments for the disease
  • Regulatory guidance to expedite drug development to build and strengthen its engagement with the FDA, pharmaceutical industry, and people with ALS to reduce obstacles that can slow and limit access to effective treatments
This initial commitment is part of our overarching plan to allocate the incredible support The ALS Association received this summer. Over the last few weeks, The Association has actively convened key stakeholder groups, including a panel of advisors comprised of people living with ALS, to provide guidance as we create a comprehensive plan to allocate the $115 million in donations the organization has received since the inception of the #IceBucketChallenge.

I look forward to being in touch with you again soon to let you know what other exciting and innovative projects The ALS Association will be able to support thanks to your incredible generosity.

Sincerely,

pJJveXTjV2mJsh_9_UHk5kHeKjHh7PEdx8dFjSeVJekVNDbZ3T8wCpQ1zhpLRBIqIqhZZ_bRYQ3uxWfisiTtw7bOQbZkZPwilW1agwBF79PnQpyp9RhMn7XMvj2-7nA54bw=s0-d-e1-ft

tG-asKV83-deNqjPWOKxr-kK3DIG7fnHaGNN3y8MipwOk8kq5YeaiTUXKlfccM45jp90LT5cgfWY4EQkY-VR_E7MBg-So7iVnLE4BXTaduxjf1L30O9izg=s0-d-e1-ft

Barbara J. Newhouse
President and CEO
The ALS Association

Status
Not open for further replies.