With a heavy heart, we announce the passing of a beloved Collector

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Hi all,

It's been brought to my attention that @steelbookz4eva has passed away.

He had informed some of us a few months ago that he had likely only 2 months to live, but his upbeat spirit, attitude, and collecting made us think the prognosis was turning around for the better. (since I checked in on him and it had been a few months) Today @cooey informed me that Ron had passed away due to his family's tribute posts on facebook.

If you ever dealt with Ron feel free to share a story below.

If you know any of Ron's favorites feel free to share below as we remember this dedicated member of our hobby and the Community etc.

Last edited:
Terrible, terrible news, striked me more than I would ever imagine. Wasn´t so close with him, but we made some steelbook deals some time ago, he was really good guy and spirit, such a terrible and unfair loss, so young :(:(.

Rest in piece Ron, and we collectors will do our best to keep steelbooks forever @steelbookz4eva

My deepest condolences to his family :dunno:

Ron was a big Disney collector and always appreciated my help with purchasing items. When you work with someone over a number of transactions, you do get a sense of their day to day personality. The foundation of this community is it's members. You, the members, create a place that is safe and supportive to chat and share your love of collecting.

IMO, Ron was a stellar example of what's good about HiDefNinja.

I had thought things had improved for him and I'm very sad to hear of his passing and we'll miss you buddy.

:(

Don't say I have personally interacted with Ron but any death is always terrible sad news. Best Wishes to Ron's family. RIP my friend, you will always be a collector4eva.

superb idea @sunnyx

i did not know Ron personally, more as a name that you saw regularly posting useful content for fellow Ninjas. that his passing has been felt by so many above is testament to his contributions to this community, while the suggestion above is testament to the ongoing spirit here which he seems to have personified. RIP.

Sad news indeed. I dealt with Ron a few times and I remember him mentioning he was ill, but I didn't realize it was this bad.

He was a really nice guy I always enjoyed "talking" to. He will be missed. Rest in peace!

Well it's like this at work and I am sure many places. When someone has long term illness, a collegue just given birth to their child, and the great sadness of someone passing away, it's not uncommon to have a little pot to go around and chip in. The only things you don't get anything are your birthdays where you gotta bring the cakes in!

Very sad to hear these tragic news. :( I didn’t know him other than noticing his posts on here but he seemed like a good guy. Rest in peace and condolences to the family.

Awful news! Just awful.

Didn't know him outside of the forum but regardless, it's just a sad situation.

Thoughts with his family.

Wow such sad news to hear.

My condolences are with his friends and family.

May you now Rest in pease.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Ron and his family in this time of loss. I do recall Ron and how he always added something positive in his posts. He will be missed.