With a heavy heart, we announce the passing of a beloved Collector

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Hi all,

It's been brought to my attention that @steelbookz4eva has passed away.

He had informed some of us a few months ago that he had likely only 2 months to live, but his upbeat spirit, attitude, and collecting made us think the prognosis was turning around for the better. (since I checked in on him and it had been a few months) Today @cooey informed me that Ron had passed away due to his family's tribute posts on facebook.

If you ever dealt with Ron feel free to share a story below.

If you know any of Ron's favorites feel free to share below as we remember this dedicated member of our hobby and the Community etc.

Last edited:
Rest In Peace Ron :( :( :(

You were a great guy and a very dedicated collector. Always very nice when messaging with us and a true collector with love for this hobby.

You will be deeply missed!

Reactions: Noodles
RIP Ron. I always wonder what happens to people’s steelbook collection after they pass, I may inform my wife soon if I were to die to try sell my collection on here first to collectors, if not try eBay/Gumtree etc after then give the rest to charity

I don't know him, and don't know if we ever interacted, but we are all on this forum because we have something in common. Although we're strangers, in a way we are all friends. My deepest condolences to his friends and family.

RIP Ron.

His comments were always helpful, courteous and on point.

Very sad.

RIP Ron. I always wonder what happens to people’s steelbook collection after they pass, I may inform my wife soon if I were to die to try sell my collection on here first to collectors, if not try eBay/Gumtree etc after then give the rest to charity
Not that I've ever told anyone (I assume they'd find it anyway), but I've made a note in my journal to seek advice from the members at HDN in regards to selling my collection, and then to put the money in a savings account for my niece. So yeah, probably a good idea to inform your wife mate... because as gloomy as it sounds, you never know when your time may be up unfortunately.

Oh no! Just seen this thread.

I've dealt a lot with Ron. Helping him out with Zavvi exclusives etc.. He was always a pleasure to deal with and talk with. He always used to tag me in contest during Ninja week as well. This have hit me hard. :(

We're friends on Facebook and I saw a post or two in my feed a few days ago but I didn't understand what it was, except I it had tear emojis. I hadn't seen anything more until now. :(

Rest in peace Ron. It was a pleasure getting to know you. <3

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon