Wolfenstein II - Ultra tiny steelbook

bonakaze

Video games & Steelbook
Premium Supporter
Hey @bonakaze that's really cool and unique. Where is it from, I tied Googling it, and can't find it? Do you have a purchase link; is it actually a SteelBook®?
Yea it's a steelbook. Not really sure what it is, I think you're supposed to put a little paper with a digital code maybe. I have a contact at scanavo who sends me samples. I'll try to learn with it is ahah

Reactions: Thwip
Apr 16, 2009
Canada
I have a contact at scanavo who sends me samples.
That would explain the 3DS SteelBook® picture you included in your original post; I've never seen that before either. If Scanavo actually produced a G2 Horizontal SteelBook® with the SteelBook® name on it, similar to the 3DS picture; I would totally buy it and use it as a branding sign for my SteelBook® collection.

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
I know ! it's one of my favorite in my collection. Funny thing is you can't put anything inside :rofl:

Sorry, they are professionnal contact :p i work sometimes with scanavo.
That's funny. So is it just blank plastic but no holder slot inside?

And darn! I get it though. Tell them if Scanovo wants to reach out to the Reddit /r/Steelbooks subreddit to reach out to me (I run that). We'd love some sort of interaction or an AMA or anything.

It's a steelbook mini. I got some samples where they are made for gift cards, and/or yes for insert of digital codes etc.

An Australian Company has used them for their "Experience" giftcards. as an example $50 for a boat ride etc. experiences.

Likely the sample here is to showcase how DLC could be sold physically. or whole game download codes etc.

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
It's a steelbook mini. I got some samples where they are made for gift cards, and/or yes for insert of digital codes etc.

An Australian Company has used them for their "Experience" giftcards. as an example $50 for a boat ride etc. experiences.

Likely the sample here is to showcase how DLC could be sold physically. or whole game download codes etc.
So is that like G1/2 lol? I thought I had all the sizes understood when the Switch got it's own steelbook, but now I'm lost.
G1 - DVD
G2 - Blu-ray
G3 - Nintendo DS
G4 - Steelbook Mini
G5 - Nintendo Switch
G6 - CD

??????