Genre: Fantasy, Action

Director: Patty Jenkins

Cast: Gal Gadot, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, Chris Pine

Release: 2020-08-14

Attachments

• thr_splash-wonderwomen-b.jpg
    thr_splash-wonderwomen-b.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,934
WB just announced that all of their films in 2021 will be going to the cinema and HBO Max. Pretty bold move.

View attachment 492899

Probably the boldest move in decades from Hollywood! Then again it might just be a desperation move because they were losing the Streaming War with their HBO service and they saw an opportunity to get back in the game. Its sorta smart but i'm not sure its not gonna backfire on them. I really just hope theaters wont die...

Reactions: vexred
Not available in the UK mate, or are you thinking of using a VPN? I've always thought the quality must suffer if you're having to stream through a VPN?
Oh?! Guess I should've looked into that before getting excited. Now I'm sad :(

Oh?! Guess I should've looked into that before getting excited. Now I'm sad :(

Sorry bud, not sure what they're going to do over here. Apparently the reason it's not coming here is due to Sky's agreement with HBO's content so can only assume these films will hit the Sky Store instead

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles and vexred
Sorry bud, not sure what they're going to do over here. Apparently the reason it's not coming here is due to Sky's agreement with HBO's content so can only assume these films will hit the Sky Store instead
Hmm hopefully they can figure something else and release it here eventually.

So some good new for us Canadians.
As of right now here in BC, I'm pretty sure all movie theaters are closed (Not sure if that is the case in the rest of Canada?) which means there was no way to watch WW84 on Dec 25th... Until now!

Warner Bros. has confirmed that Wonder Woman 1984 will be available both in theatres and through premium video on-demand (PVoD) services in Canada on December 25th.
The movie will be available to rent for $29.99 for a 48-hour period, according to the Canadian Press. It’s unclear what platforms it’s set to be available to rent on, but it will likely be Apple’s iTunes and Google Play.

With WB's slate of 2021 films all going to HBO Max / Theaters now too, I wonder if this will be standard going forward?

@tridon @Drum18 @rj531 @AlienKing @Shadow of Light @Thwip

So some good new for us Canadians.
As of right now here in BC, I'm pretty sure all movie theaters are closed (Not sure if that is the case in the rest of Canada?) which means there was no way to watch WW84 on Dec 25th... Until now!

Warner Bros. has confirmed that Wonder Woman 1984 will be available both in theatres and through premium video on-demand (PVoD) services in Canada on December 25th.
The movie will be available to rent for $29.99 for a 48-hour period, according to the Canadian Press. It’s unclear what platforms it’s set to be available to rent on, but it will likely be Apple’s iTunes and Google Play.

With WB's slate of 2021 films all going to HBO Max / Theaters now too, I wonder if this will be standard going forward?

@tridon @Drum18 @rj531 @AlienKing @Shadow of Light @Thwip
30$ and not owning it... Damn...
Loved that for 35$, you owned Mulan and rewatch as many times as you wanted. Which made more sense.

30$ and not owning it... Damn...
Loved that for 35$, you owned Mulan and rewatch as many times as you wanted. Which made more sense.

The way I look at it is, I was going to drop $30+ to see it in theaters anyways (2 tickets for my wife and myself).
So it not THAT big of a deal. But yeah, would have been better if you had longer then 48 hours with it. I'm just happy I have an option to see it finally!!!

Trying to muster excitement for this but I'm just so bummed this isn't opening in theatres in a nonpandemic situation. Wanted that big summer blockbuster release. *sigh