Wonder Woman (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 9, 2019
Purchase links: Steelbook - Slipcase Edition (Pre-order live on November 26 around 9 AM UK Time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Slipcase Edition Limited to 1000

SteelBook - Slipcase Edition

12336042-8294713960730575.jpg 12336043-2024713961331955.jpg
12336042-1804713960789249.jpg 12336042-6484713961156773.jpg

Last edited:
This is such a disappointing fail

Slip has the annoying 4K banner at the top although the title and symbol are embossed. But I’m starting to get sick of a lot of UK releases now. Just when WB release some amazing re releases! Why couldn’t this follow suit?
The orange sky/ sand background is not vibrant enough. Does not pop at all with that brushed metallic look on 99% of it. Pointlessly spot glossed. Why not the whole of her! So f***king dull when it could of been amazing

Reactions: Felix_ro
4K banners are done deal as far as i'm concerned, so far still didn't see any 4K UHD releases that don't have one (some have lighter tones but they're there / correct me if i'm wrong) (not like lots of Fox blu-ray slipcovers that don't have blue banners) they're there to remind customers that it's not DVD or regular blu-ray, so they don't buy the wrong products...

4K banners are done deal as far as i'm concerned, so far still didn't see any 4K UHD releases that don't have one (some have lighter tones but they're there / correct me if i'm wrong) (not like lots of Fox blu-ray slipcovers that don't have blue banners) they're there to remind customers that it's not DVD or regular blu-ray, so they don't buy the wrong products...

It shouldn’t be on these though. When it’s a slip that comes with the steel that’s exclusive to zavvi. It’s not going to get sold in shops. The John wick slips dont have the 4k banner. I can handle age ratings but the banner ruins it when it’s a exclusive slip to zavvi. Big fail

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure the 4K banner is something that the Blu-ray association requires in some form, though now that 4K is somewhat established they may relax it a bit.

Reactions: goufcustom

Slip has the annoying 4K banner at the top although the title and symbol are embossed. But I’m starting to get sick of a lot of UK releases now. Just when WB release some amazing re releases! Why couldn’t this follow suit?
The orange sky/ sand background is not vibrant enough. Does not pop at all with that brushed metallic look on 99% of it. Pointlessly spot glossed. Why not the whole of her! So f***king dull when it could of been amazing

This why I didn’t bother with it never order it had a feeling I would be disappointed like FFH Zavvi

This why I didn’t bother with it never order it had a feeling I would be disappointed like FFH Zavvi

it’s a shame considering the past few WB re releases are so nice. With thicker matte paint and decent glossy sections.
I thought the background might be better in hand but it’s so washed out and muted. Same as the non spot glossed parts of her.
was gona be a Christmas present but glad I checked it now. Can go back

there are lots that don’t. Off the top of my head:
Alien Covenant
Jurassic parks 1-3 / world 1+2
Jumanji welcome to the jungle
Any marvel
Shazam

Reactions: Felix_ro

The 4K banner is in the stock picture on site so not like it's a big surprise it being there, if they didn't advertise it with it on that would have been a problem.
Anyway it's Zavvi you should always have very low expectations now with their stuff to avoid any disappointment.

Honestly, being disappointed with a Zavvi Steelbook, was it your first order with them? :LOL:

Reactions: St4rlord
The 4K banner is in the stock picture on site so not like it's a big surprise it being there, if they didn't advertise it with it on that would have been a problem.
Anyway it's Zavvi you should always have very low expectations now with their stuff to avoid any disappointment.

Honestly, being disappointed with a Zavvi Steelbook, was it your first order with them? :LOL:

I never said it came as a surprise. It’s just sh!t that it’s on the finished product. As I said, the amazon & zavvi John wick 4 slip cases never had it and neither did the zavvi hellboy. All 4K. So why do Warner have to ruin it by adding it to their release

It’s a U.K. steelbook. Just sold through zavvi. If you read my message properly without trying to be funny then you’d see my complaint is with Warner and their inability to produce a decent steel the majority of the time. And if you’d kept up on recent Warner re releases you’d know that most of them have had some amazing finishes recently. Instead they went with a thin layer of paint so the brushed metal affect is showing and minimal spot gloss with a washed out Wonder Woman

I never said it came as a surprise. It’s just sh!t that it’s on the finished product. As I said, the amazon & zavvi John wick 4 slip cases never had it and neither did the zavvi hellboy. All 4K. So why do Warner have to ruin it by adding it to their release

It’s a U.K. steelbook. Just sold through zavvi. If you read my message properly without trying to be funny then you’d see my complaint is with Warner and their inability to produce a decent steel the majority of the time. And if you’d kept up on recent Warner re releases you’d know that most of them have had some amazing finishes recently. Instead they went with a thin layer of paint so the brushed metal affect is showing and minimal spot gloss with a washed out Wonder Woman
No one ever teach you there's no point crying over spilt milk?

You said it had that annoying 4K banner on so why buy if you don't like it when it's kinda obvious it was going to be on it unless you were too busying thinking about Wonder Woman's gloss bust instead of looking at the picture of what you were buying..

Reactions: St4rlord
To be fair, I also assumed the 4K banner and rating logos would be printed on a j-card or something... it's almost unknown to have those actually printed on the product nowadays.

Thought it would be a fullslip/slipbox as well, rather than an o-ring slip. Embossing on the title and logo is a pleasant surprise however!

Glad I skipped this anyway (not that I had any choice since I couldn't afford it) - steel would've been a winner if it were full gloss, instead the brushed metal makes it average at best IMO.

The guy who knows nothing about zavvi, who I’ve had to correct what he’s said about zavvi in the past trying so hard to mug me off about zavvi is comedy in itself. Keep it up for the dozzler likes :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Kizza and tommyh84
To be fair, I also assumed the 4K banner and rating logos would be printed on a j-card or something... it's almost unknown to have those actually printed on the product nowadays.

Thought it would be a fullslip/slipbox as well, rather than an o-ring slip. Embossing on the title and logo is a pleasant surprise however!

Glad I skipped this anyway (not that I had any choice since I couldn't afford it) - steel would've been a winner if it were full gloss, instead the brushed metal makes it average at best IMO.

The o ring element makes it look like they just pulled a bunch of the ammarys and attached them to a few steels. Also thought it would be a slip box too. But that don’t bother me too much.
I liked and I've been surprised how good a lot of the Zavvi steels have been recently.

Yea some of the steels that have been sold through zavvi recently have been amazing. And surprisingly the Warner re release wave. Just wish this one was at those last few standards. Still it’s better than anything the U.K. got before for Wonder Woman but obviously clearly no where near zeta or mantas standard. But we knew it wouldn’t be up there with theirs

Reactions: Noodles
The guy who knows nothing about zavvi, who I’ve had to correct what he’s said about zavvi in the past trying so hard to mug me off about zavvi is comedy in itself. Keep it up for the dozzler likes :LOL:

You know the other day he liked one of my posts and then when he realised it was one of my posts he liked he went and removed it :LOL::rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
You know the other day he liked one of my posts and then when he realised it was one of my posts he liked he went and removed it :LOL::rofl:

#classicdozzler

Yea if anyone tries to “tell me off” ( :rofl: ) or any kind of post correcting me etc etc he will like. But the best thing about it is, the posts he likes are usually a reply to me with wrong info, or they’ve not read my original post and got confused or just straight idiotic and weird attempts to mug me off (like the 2 above) so I just find that funny. It shows it’s more of a childish like from him and I love that. All he’s seen Is my name responded to and sees that someone is either correcting me or (trying to) attack me lol and it just makes him look worse because he hasn’t read the chain of messages. Classic

• Haha
Reactions: tommyh84
I still don't understand what exactly changes between this Zavvi version and the German one I already have, apart from the color of the DC logo, is it always like brushed aluminum with not vivid colors?

I still don't understand what exactly changes between this Zavvi version and the German one I already have, apart from the color of the DC logo, is it always like brushed aluminum with not vivid colors?

Ah ok, I didn’t realise the German version was the same finish. Then from what you say they sound the same with the exception of the DC logo. Parts of her armour are lightly spot glossed too as well as the title. Is the German also the same there?
But yeah the colours are not vivid at all

The German version has no spot gloss.
The zavvi version is spotglossed and the art is ever so slightly brighter, so on the front cover her face is more visible

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
The German version has no spot gloss.
The zavvi version is spotglossed and the art is ever so slightly brighter, so on the front cover her face is more visible

the result of the German release is really bad, which is why I was looking for a valid alternative to the same artwork,
no one who can post the two comparative photos?